tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000)

Weight loss programming?

What kind of programs do oh design or implement for your clients who want to lose weight?

I, personally, think it is as simple as keeping them on their feet for most of the workout and keep them moving. Another trainer at my workplace frowns my workouts because of their simplicity. He believes their should be some specific type of existing programming that all clients should adhere to. My opinion is complex movements, keep em moving, make progress every week by more reps, weight. Lastly I condition at the end and try to complete different circuits in less time.

So what do you do with your clients? Do you think it's a simple as complex movements and progression or is some kind of existing, fancy percentage based program needed for a beginner just wanting to lose weight?

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Anyone who says that all clients should adhere to a specific type of programming is an idiot.

Ask your coworker what kind of results he gets and how many clients he/she has.

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tentex87 View Post
    What kind of programs do oh design or implement for your clients who want to lose weight?

I, personally, think it is as simple as keeping them on their feet for most of the workout and keep them moving. Another trainer at my workplace frowns my workouts because of their simplicity. He believes their should be some specific type of existing programming that all clients should adhere to. My opinion is complex movements, keep em moving, make progress every week by more reps, weight. Lastly I condition at the end and try to complete different circuits in less time.

So what do you do with your clients? Do you think it's a simple as complex movements and progression or is some kind of existing, fancy percentage based program needed for a beginner just wanting to lose weight?
    Your method sounds good to me. I don't think any total beginner needs to be worrying percentages (other than, perhaps, warm up with 1 set at 25%, 1 at 50%, and 1 at 75% working weight, for example). They can be useful, but they can also hold you back a lot in the absolute beginner stage, where increasing load by 5-10% every session isn't a tall order (eg in your first session they bench only the barbell; next session they bench the barbell with 5lb on either side, that's more than a 10% jump). Just focus on technique with the big compound lifts, coach the movement patterns, push progress in small attainable doses, get their diet in check, and they'll be off to a good start.

Worrying about percentages is usually more effective with intermediate to advanced lifters, for whom a small amount of progress is a big deal.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Weight loss programming consists of two simple things:-
    1. eat less
    2. move more
    Anything else depends on the other capabilities and goals of the person. For example, someone who is grossly obese needs extra leg and back strength to support their body so they don't get pain or injury - thus stopping them moving more - in the 12-48 months it's going to take them to get down to a sane weight.

But there are other goals they could have, too. And their size and/or other issues may prohibit or require certain exercises. A 165kg guy ain't doin' deep squats on day 1, for example, and planks would just humiliate him even if he could do them.

tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000) tentex87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    Anyone who says that all clients should adhere to a specific type of programming is an idiot.

Ask your coworker what kind of results he gets and how many clients he/she has.
    Not one program, but he believes everyone, regardless of goals should have some long term programming from day 1. I just use simple weekly progressions.

popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can have a weight loss client's program laid out for 2-4 weeks in advance without using a heap of russian periodisation and pre-determined percentages etc, there's a middle ground between periodisating the next 4 years of training between olympics for a professional athlete and making up workouts one by one. You can just have the exercises and rep ranges laid out for the next month and then add reps/weights based on their progress as well as making adjustments as you go.

Nocturnis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nocturnis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nocturnis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nocturnis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nocturnis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nocturnis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nocturnis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nocturnis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nocturnis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nocturnis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nocturnis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Programs should be build around clients not clients around programs. Programs based on practical and functional principles that are tailored to the clients abilities. The general model is restrict calories consumed and increase calories burned. How you do it should be based on the client.

nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100)
    You don't NEED month out progressions of exercise routines. It is helpful to be ABLE to create them just as a mental exercise for you.

A normal training program should be 1-2 months of exercises and their progressable levels. Some trainers go further and create several 2 month exercise progression and routine changes. This is something I do when measurements start to backslide. Because some people respond at different rates, you don't need to change it up right away if you don't HAVE to, others plateau rapidly, so be prepare to move week 9's routine to week 4.
    I would've lied if I told you this was easy.

Check out my tumblr: http://nickmanzoni.tumblr.com/