Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Nightman_Cometh View Post
    I was cool with paying a tryout fee, but gettin asked for a huge commitment half way through a class? I never returned...I'm sure they're all alike, I just wondered your thoughts on teaching/students is, I suppose(?)
    huge committment as in what? Money? Cause I ask for half the tuition up front to ensure committment and dedication not just someone training for 2 mos then saying he was "trained" by me
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about". -- Oscar Wilde

"The only people who tell you that you can't do things in life, are people who failed"-Chris Jericho.

Registered User Nightman_Cometh's Avatar
    Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ASIAN NIGHTMARE View Post
    huge committment as in what? Money? Cause I ask for half the tuition up front to ensure committment and dedication not just someone training for 2 mos then saying he was "trained" by me
    Naw man, like halfway through the intro class because the dude thought you might 'have it'. So $40 bucks, then full course cash 45 mins in.
    You ride like a cowboy toward the sun
    And life ain't fun, when you're on the run
    Got your gold and you got your gun
    But life as an outlaw just begun
    Got your shotgun by your side
    Got your horse and you got your pride
    You ride til there ain't no place to hide
    It's sad cause the bad guys always die

ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Naw man, like halfway through the intro class because the dude thought you might 'have it'. So $40 bucks, then full course cash 45 mins in.
    ya I only insist on half up front and payments for the remainder
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about". -- Oscar Wilde

"The only people who tell you that you can't do things in life, are people who failed"-Chris Jericho.

Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nightman_Cometh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ya I only insist on half up front and payments for the remainder
    Well dude where are you setting up shop?

Sevb33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sevb33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sevb33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sevb33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sevb33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sevb33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sevb33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sevb33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sevb33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sevb33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sevb33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    has nothing to do with moves or ability.
    Every wrestler has to look the part. Dusty got over on being the common man and his ability to communicate and connect with the crowd. Just cause he wasn't ripped doesnt mean he wasn't in shape. The man went 60 min with Flair on numerous occasions.

Foley got over on his charisma and his willingness to do things no one else would.

Your logic is like saying that its ok for everyone to be 5'3" 160 lbs because Rey Mysterio is. Rey is an exception

Guys like that in this business are the EXCEPTION. Most guys have to be in shape or be HUGE like Gang, Boss man, Viscera etc

You don't have to do 1000 squats but yes you need to look and be in shape.

Oh I am not saying that at all, this coming from the most non-athletic person I know (ME).
    It was just over two years ago, that I decided to lose a lot of weight and later decided at this point later than most that I wanted to give it a go, I don't wanna be a lot older and wonder "what if". I've loved wrestling since I was 13 and always had a longing to try it. All this is nothing to most people, but it's a lot for a me, as I've had social anxiety and depression issues for a long time.
    I only get about 2 or 3 hours training time a month because we train on the day of the show and have to set up the ring and take it down. Not a place to train to go anywhere big, I know full well.
    Last edited by Sevb33; 02-24-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Bro just a thought, but did you ever think about changing your name from "Asian Nightmare" to just "Nightmare"?

Bro just a thought, but did you ever think about changing your name from "Asian Nightmare" to just "Nightmare"?
    There is "Nightmare" Dan Davis and a few others who are just Nightmare so no. Plus I am Half Chinese

Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What is the best finisher of all time in your opinion.
    Joining Sherdog.com doesn't make you an MMA expert, reading Saucehead's threads don't make you a player and if describe yourself as an "alpha male", chances are, you're not one.

Originally Posted by Brad_Pitt View Post
    What is the best finisher of all time in your opinion.
    Besides my Near Death Experience?

I like Samoa Joe's Muscle Buster
    the Go to Sleep (KENTA, Punk)
    and the Burning Hammer (Kobashi)

Location: Newcastle, Newcastle, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MrGregory is a complete loser! (-2000) MrGregory is a complete loser! (-2000) MrGregory is a complete loser! (-2000) MrGregory is a complete loser! (-2000) MrGregory is a complete loser! (-2000) MrGregory is a complete loser! (-2000) MrGregory is a complete loser! (-2000) MrGregory is a complete loser! (-2000) MrGregory is a complete loser! (-2000) MrGregory is a complete loser! (-2000) MrGregory is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Do you think height can hold you back from getting a contract and being taken seriously in the big leagues, particulary WWE?

For instance Chris Benoit was never really a legit main eventer even though he was jacked to the gills, because he had average height?

Originally Posted by MrGregory View Post
    Do you think height can hold you back from getting a contract and being taken seriously in the big leagues, particulary WWE?

For instance Chris Benoit was never really a legit main eventer even though he was jacked to the gills, because he had average height?
    unless you have something really unique to offer or have made your name elsewhere (Evan Bourne, Rey Mysterio, Mistico). WWE doesn't look at anyone under 6' (so I've been told). Anyone under 6' is an exception.

Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do the mid card guys in TNA have to have other jobs to make a living?

Also, what's the deal with TNA's cross promotion? I think they stopped working with ROH, but once in a while I'll see some guys from TNA over there. Can guys in TNA work in other promotions?
    Access the gun's off the earth axis
    Axis of evil, the eagle will leave your hat split
    Ruck flow is like "**** you, Gawd"
    I don't wanna rhyme, I need a construction job

- Sean Price

Originally Posted by Mrs Grudge View Post
    Do the mid card guys in TNA have to have other jobs to make a living?

Also, what's the deal with TNA's cross promotion? I think they stopped working with ROH, but once in a while I'll see some guys from TNA over there. Can guys in TNA work in other promotions?
    they are allowed to work indies. ROH I'm not sure of. Maybe now that ROH don't have national TV anymore

Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Any upcoming shows, AN?
    "The best feeling in the world is knowing you've proven everybody wrong and you're doing the only thing you've ever wanted to do in life."

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right."

YouTube: DamianGibbsEntertainment
    IG: @DamianGibbsAesthetics
    ********: ThePrinceOfAestheticsDamianGibbs
    Twitter: @RealAesthetics
    www.DamianGibbs.com

Originally Posted by Mancacdude View Post
    Any upcoming shows, AN?
    St Catherines, ON tomorrow.
    March 19 in Buffalo, NY
    20th back in St Catherines
    26th in Kingston, ON

Got every weekend booked up in April and May so far

Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mancacdude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    St Catherines, ON tomorrow.
    March 19 in Buffalo, NY
    20th back in St Catherines
    26th in Kingston, ON

Got every weekend booked up in April and May so far
    nice! how do you go about getting bookings? do you just contact the promoter and send them a tape since you're established? what about when you were first getting started?
    "The best feeling in the world is knowing you've proven everybody wrong and you're doing the only thing you've ever wanted to do in life."

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right."

YouTube: DamianGibbsEntertainment
    IG: @DamianGibbsAesthetics
    ********: ThePrinceOfAestheticsDamianGibbs
    Twitter: @RealAesthetics
    www.DamianGibbs.com

Originally Posted by Mancacdude View Post
    nice! how do you go about getting bookings? do you just contact the promoter and send them a tape since you're established? what about when you were first getting started?
    at first, I encourage young guys to "buddy up" with an established vet and travel to shows, just cause there are some occasions where some worker no shows so there is an open spot, as well as emailing promoters

I will still email promoters to get bookings but mostly I have several promotions that I work for regularly and those are most of my bookings

Club27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Club27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Club27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Club27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Club27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Club27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Club27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Club27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Club27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Club27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Club27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how do you call a spot exactly?

I know beforehand two wrestlers will discuss a few spots (lets say, 4) to do in the match and whatnot.

but at what point do you call said spot, and what do you actually say?

do you just say "spot 1" "spot 2" or something?

im confused as to how that works.

and for those who prefer to call the match on the fly, when are the best times to give instructions to your opponent during the match?

Originally Posted by Club27 View Post
    how do you call a spot exactly?

I know beforehand two wrestlers will discuss a few spots (lets say, 4) to do in the match and whatnot.

but at what point do you call said spot, and what do you actually say?

do you just say "spot 1" "spot 2" or something?

im confused as to how that works.

and for those who prefer to call the match on the fly, when are the best times to give instructions to your opponent during the match?
    I'll call a spot when I have my opponent in the corner or on the mat in a chinlock.

As far as how to call a spot. Just like a magician, I never give away my secrets, Sorry man

ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000)
    based on the trainers, video clips, and pricing posted on this site, do you think this is a worthwhile place to train? any opinions or input would be much appreciated.

http://www.houseofgloryonline.com/
    b.s. exercise science, nsca-cscs

Originally Posted by ExtremeEnigma View Post
    based on the trainers, video clips, and pricing posted on this site, do you think this is a worthwhile place to train? any opinions or input would be much appreciated.

http://www.houseofgloryonline.com/
    for the price its not bad. If its close for you, its worth checking out

War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I heard the "old school" guys wipe their feet on the apron before entering the ring as a show of respect (like no shoes in a dojo).

Is that true or is the wiping just something some guys do?
    * anatolian shepherd crew *

Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    I heard the "old school" guys wipe their feet on the apron before entering the ring as a show of respect (like no shoes in a dojo).

Is that true or is the wiping just something some guys do?
    Just some guys do either as a gimmick (Regal, JBL) or just to wipe off the bottom of their boots

broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000)
    How does ring psychology differ when you're working a tag team match? Do you plan when to tag the other guy in, or do you base it off how the crowd is reacting?

Originally Posted by broadcast View Post
    How does ring psychology differ when you're working a tag team match? Do you plan when to tag the other guy in, or do you base it off how the crowd is reacting?
    Tag psychology is the hardest for most students to get. The heels take the heat on 1 of the faces (isolating one opponent) and the whole story is that face trying to tag his partner, being cut off and eventually being successful (the Hot Tag)

usually base when to do the hot tag off the reaction of the crowd. The heels spend the majority of the match making the crowd want the face to finally make that tag so when he does, the crowd explodes

broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000) broadcast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cool, thanks for answering! Repped

Another question. If the person you were working with wasn't selling, would you legit punch him once or twice lol

Originally Posted by broadcast View Post
    Cool, thanks for answering! Repped

Another question. If the person you were working with wasn't selling, would you legit punch him once or twice lol
    yes...Like HHH said on Tough Enough. You sell like that (or not at all) I WILL tag you for real

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz

Talking

Or another situation was when Goldberg didn't....wrestle with Regal in WCW and Regal out-wrestled him until he complied
    I wish everyone the best in achieving your goals

Originally Posted by TheDukeUSMC View Post
    Or another situation was when Goldberg didn't....wrestle with Regal in WCW and Regal out-wrestled him until he complied
    yes. Regal made him look like a complete tool

hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hideyowives has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is your nationality?