Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Wildland Firefighter Cobra5.0Jeep's Avatar
    Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nakedsnake View Post
    in the long run (10+ years) do you think it would be better to invest in silver bars/bullion or coinage such as the silver eagle? it seems like the bars are cheaper to buy but over time the coinage becomes worth more, in relation. 10oz bar seems to go for around 370$ while coinage in the same weight goes for 390$ (after spot value or shipping is considered), what do you think?
    10oz coin?! Where can i find that?
    l/|. ,[____],
    l---L -=OlllllllO_
    ()_) ()_)-~--)_)

I Rep Back
    Reps for Life:
    Brahtactic

Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000) Cobra5.0Jeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dabadestalbo69 View Post
    whats the best site you guys monitor silver prices on? wanna bookmark and keep track before i buy. i think i might buy during the next dip it takes. i was looking around and seem it went up a good amount today
    It recovered? This morning while i was doing cardio i saw that silver had went down and they were saying because of the Libya stuff made it go down. I still haven't bought any. I want to before the end of the month.
    l/|. ,[____],
    l---L -=OlllllllO_
    ()_) ()_)-~--)_)

I Rep Back
    Reps for Life:
    Brahtactic

Silver went down today its 32.89, yesterday it was 33.43
    l/|. ,[____],
    l---L -=OlllllllO_
    ()_) ()_)-~--)_)

I Rep Back
    Reps for Life:
    Brahtactic

wk/beta ondat phaggytime nakedsnake's Avatar
    nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Cobra5.0Jeep View Post
    10oz coin?! Where can i find that?
    thatd be one bigass coin, i meant to say 1 oz though
    is that price pretty good ($390 for ten 1 oz silver eagle 2011, uncirculated)

Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've got 10 pounds of silver in bar form. R u fuking mad?

Wel its actually my grandpas, but I can't find it, I think my parents may have taken it to FL with them to give it back to him. I was hoping someone would call me out and I'd post pics but I just looking and its not around

White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    Ok listen very carefully you mouth breather. I will explain this as simply as possible

The fed is giving money to the banks. But the banks are not lending. There is no expansion of credit.

"BUT OMG COMMODITY PRICES#!@#!@"

go back and look at my previous posts.

America is light years away from Zimbabwe and is very close to japan in the 90s. On the verge of a deflationary catastrophe. Japan had a "lost decade" because of this.
    a man that knows what he is talking about...

omg QE2 hyper inflation will hit us, commodity price to the moon.... umm no, the bulk of money creation is in private banks through issuing debt/loans etc, when banks dont lend, in which they are not the money supply goes down. When the money supply goes down, deflation and risk of a deflationary spiral is on the doorstep.. look what happened in the great depression, it was not a failure of the 'free market' but a failure of 'regulators' and the Fed system. Problem is they vowed never to let this happen again and bastardized Keynesian economics to the politicians own interests, hence the large amounts of inflation since the depression till recent times...

then the GFC hits, money supply drops heavily as banks refuse to lend basically the Fed steps in to keep the money supply at established levels to stop a deflation spiral... want proof heres the chart, now tell me where you find inflation... (if someone says CPI basket of goods I will scream)

EDIT: what a surprise two Australians know more about US economic policy and its effects then Americans...

bravo American school system

READ THIS ARTICLE
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...-stimulus.html
    Last edited by White_Goodman; 02-23-2011 at 03:51 AM.
    Taking the Bull by the Horns

Misc Ceo, feels good man Scofield's Avatar
    Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by White_Goodman View Post
    a man that knows what he is talking about...

omg QE2 hyper inflation will hit us, commodity price to the moon.... umm no, the bulk of money creation is in private banks through issuing debt/loans etc, when banks dont lend, in which they are not the money supply goes down. When the money supply goes down, deflation and risk of a deflationary spiral is on the doorstep.. look what happened in the great depression, it was not a failure of the 'free market' but a failure of 'regulators' and the Fed system. Problem is they vowed never to let this happen again and bastardized Keynesian economics to the politicians own interests, hence the large amounts of inflation since the depression till recent times...

then the GFC hits, money supply drops heavily as banks refuse to lend basically the Fed steps in to keep the money supply at established levels to stop a deflation spiral... want proof heres the chart, now tell me where you find inflation... (if someone says CPI basket of goods I will scream)

EDIT: what a surprise two Australians know more about US economic policy and its effects then Americans...

bravo American school system

READ THIS ARTICLE
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...-stimulus.html
    but...BUT HERP DERPPPP theyre PRINTIGN MONEY!$#!@?#

White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) White_Goodman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    but...BUT HERP DERPPPP theyre PRINTIGN MONEY!$#!@?#
    but the printing the money, an they dook errr jerbs! and they bruke his jerrr!
    Armchair economics and the dumbing down of America 101 in action

nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nakedsnake has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thanks above for your wonderful input. I respect and admire your attempt to educate us and at the same time belittle us to make yourselves feel better and more educated, and since you are both experts and more aware than I am of the market (srs here), how about some insight into whether or not I should buy silver/gold at this time?

MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thanks above for your wonderful input. I respect and admire your attempt to educate us and at the same time belittle us to make yourselves feel better and more educated, and since you are both experts and more aware than I am of the market (srs here), how about some insight into whether or not I should buy silver/gold at this time?
    Youll hear that you shouldn't but I heard that at $15, 20 and 25. For long term insurance yes. For investment and trading (physical) no.
    Do you know about the Federal Reserve?

If not, find out here:

endthefederalreserve.blogspot.com

RON PAUL 2012

Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    brah...wouldnt have to sound so rude if uneducated *******s would stop jumping down my throat when I explain there will be no hyper inflation.

Silver and gold are still rather undervalued. Asian demand is enourmous and industrial demand will only increase for silver. Sovereign debt seems to only add fuel to the fire.

You missed the last good chance to buy really because the dip seems to be over. Try to get in on the next dip, or you can dollar cost average it out if you desperately want to get in now.

RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000)
    brah...wouldnt have to sound so rude if uneducated *******s would stop jumping down my throat when I explain there will be no hyper inflation.

Silver and gold are still rather undervalued. Asian demand is enourmous and industrial demand will only increase for silver. Sovereign debt seems to only add fuel to the fire.

You missed the last good chance to buy really because the dip seems to be over. Try to get in on the next dip, or you can dollar cost average it out if you desperately want to get in now.
    is $33 an oz expensive? well that depends, if it sounds good to you that silver, will be over 100oz very soon?, then go for it! If it doesnt sound good? Well... then your a moron.
    Partizan BG
    EX YUG MAFIA #3 Dr. Cannabis here to help!
    ■■■Misc Masculinist Crew■■■º
    =♖♘♗♕ Official Misc Chess Crew ♔♗♘♖=

THIS IS//////// S E R B I A//////RUSSIA///////

thanks bro what do you mean by dollar cost average it out? i bought 10 silver eagle 2011 coins that are 1 oz each, total came out to be 390$ after shipping and everything. they usually go for about that much anywhere once you figure in the spot and shipping & h, the pawnbroker guy here does something like 6.00$ on spot so **** him.

thanks bro what do you mean by dollar cost average it out? i bought 10 silver eagle 2011 coins that are 1 oz each, total came out to be 390$ after shipping and everything. they usually go for about that much anywhere once you figure in the spot and shipping & h, the pawnbroker guy here does something like 6.00$ on spot so **** him.
    just buy silver everymonth so the price evens out

but there are a world of investments out there, you dont have to be restricted to gold/silver. Myself as an Australian is buying some US property.

The problem and its a big problem, people get caught up on the gold silver bandwagon and that its going to the moon, and it very well could, markets can stay irrational for long amounts of time, but they allocate a vast amount on this 'investment' (its actually speculation) and have no exit plan whatsoever. Im not even going to get into the issues of transferring liquid assets (cash) for illiquid assets...

My best advice is this:

- say you have $100,000
    - allocate 60,000 to income producing investments (dividend stocks, bonds, property, different types of funds that give dividends etc)
    - allocate 25.000 to a savings account earning a high interest, or term deposit whatever you wish, thats easily accessible and liquid.
    - with the final $15,000 use this for speculation. Now anything that requires the price to appreciate to make a profit and doesn't produce an income (dividends, rent etc) is speculation. So buy your gold, silver, trade oil, trade stocks, buy a block of land, whatever...

people get carried away with the it 'HAS TO' go up or it 'HAS TO' happen, when markets will often and cruelly go against general consensus and expectations.

LESSON: dont throw all your eggs in one basket (im not saying diversify specifically, often called di'worse'ification) but dont let your financial future rely solely on whether silver goes up...

cos lets be honest as single minded and sure that some people on forums profess that they know its going up, they really havent got a crystal ball, and as in this thread are a lot of community college intellects

Also with DCA (dollar cost averaging, its usually better applied to say dividend stocks or things of that nature that are easily bought and sold, as income you receive is re-invested, and funnily you actually look forward to the price going down)

RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000)
    but there are a world of investments out there, you dont have to be restricted to gold/silver. Myself as an Australian is buying some US property.

The problem and its a big problem, people get caught up on the gold silver bandwagon and that its going to the moon, and it very well could, markets can stay irrational for long amounts of time, but they allocate a vast amount on this 'investment' (its actually speculation) and have no exit plan whatsoever. Im not even going to get into the issues of transferring liquid assets (cash) for illiquid assets...

My best advice is this:

- say you have $100,000
    - allocate 60,000 to income producing investments (dividend stocks, bonds, property, different types of funds that give dividends etc)
    - allocate 25.000 to a savings account earning a high interest, or term deposit whatever you wish, thats easily accessible and liquid.
    - with the final $15,000 use this for speculation. Now anything that requires the price to appreciate to make a profit and doesn't produce an income (dividends, rent etc) is speculation. So buy your gold, silver, trade oil, trade stocks, buy a block of land, whatever...

people get carried away with the it 'HAS TO' go up or it 'HAS TO' happen, when markets will often and cruelly go against general consensus and expectations.

LESSON: dont throw all your eggs in one basket (im not saying diversify specifically, often called di'worse'ification) but dont let your financial future rely solely on whether silver goes up...

cos lets be honest as single minded and sure that some people on forums profess that they know its going up, they really havent got a crystal ball, and as in this thread are a lot of community college intellects

Also with DCA (dollar cost averaging, its usually better applied to say dividend stocks or things of that nature that are easily bought and sold, as income you receive is re-invested, and funnily you actually look forward to the price going down)
    stocks, and bonds, i dont want anything to do with them. Dont throw all the egs in one basket? Well you're partially right, however if you've done intense research on silver i'll throw an extra couple in the silver basket
    Partizan BG

Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "- allocate 60,000 to income producing investments (dividend stocks, bonds, property, different types of funds that give dividends etc)"

If the last couple of years showed anything, it's that sticking 60% of your investment in this lot is an awful idea.
    Molon Labe

Once a KA, always a KA.

Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The price dipped below $32. Anyone buying at this price, or you guys going to hold out and see if it gets lower.

My best advice is this:

- say you have $100,000

Are you buying us property directly or are you using reits?

toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Buy buy buy buy!

WELL i got to wait, til next monday, thats when my check from other job is coming, guess what im doing with that $1200.................................... BTW guys...look what i received from US postal service this afternoon!

Yet another 20oz have arrived!, can't wait til next monday to order 30 oz more! i guess you can say i have an obsession with investing in silver..can't help it!
    Last edited by RipedRX; 02-24-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    Partizan BG

toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toathis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For the noobs, we have a dip

pointing the newbies to the first site I used to buy my Gold and Silver > www.apmex.com

I now have a local coin shop I visit about once a month

Originally Posted by toathis View Post
    For the noobs, we have a dip

pointing the newbies to the first site I used to buy my Gold and Silver > www.apmex.com

I now have a local coin shop I visit about once a month
    lol i dont even count that as a dip, but ok, it dont matter for me the price, but wish it could dip back to middle 20's aint gonna happen.
    Partizan BG

Originally Posted by RipedRX View Post
    lol i dont even count that as a dip, but ok, it dont matter for me the price, but wish it could dip back to middle 20's aint gonna happen.
    Mid-20s will only happen if we have another deflationary Collapse like in 2008.

With all the QE (Money Printing), bailouts and derivatives that STILL exist in the system- 1,500 trillion!

THIS IS A DIP!

Are you buying us property directly or are you using reits?
    directly

Mr Bo Jangles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Bo Jangles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Bo Jangles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Bo Jangles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Bo Jangles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Bo Jangles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Bo Jangles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Bo Jangles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Bo Jangles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Bo Jangles will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr Bo Jangles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    someone pm a link or how i can get into this ?

i literally know nothing about stock market, what to google?

Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
    someone pm a link or how i can get into this ?

i literally know nothing about stock market, what to google?
    most here seem to be using www.apmex.com
    or they are buying from a pawnbroker, but this is for physical silver and not for stocks (not sure about stocks).
    I myself have been on ebay for the past 3days trying to get in on good deals, seems like people on there are willing to pay 39-40$ an oz though (that's with shipping included), I ended up buying 10 of the silver eagles for 390$ total, the auction had free shipping.
    I did try apmex.com but I would have spent more money per oz due to the shipping costs.

most here seem to be using www.apmex.com
    or they are buying from a pawnbroker, but this is for physical silver and not for stocks (not sure about stocks).
    I myself have been on ebay for the past 3days trying to get in on good deals, seems like people on there are willing to pay 39-40$ an oz though (that's with shipping included), I ended up buying 10 of the silver eagles for 390$ total, the auction had free shipping.
    I did try apmex.com but I would have spent more money per oz due to the shipping costs.
    Yeah, be prepared to pay premium out of the ass for american silver eagles, i remember last year i bought 10oz of american silver eagles with shipping for $ 180...... by next month i should be over 300oz
    Partizan BG

If you wanted to 'play' silver in a portfolio using Etrade, Scott Trade, Ameritrade, etc.

You might consider ETF (Exchange Traded Funds)... They are basically mutual funds for asset classes including commodities (Metals, Agriculture, Oil, etc).

The reason people like me buy PHYSICAL is because I don't trust paper instruments. When (if) the S--- hits the fan, will you be able to exchange a paper derivative for the actual metal? Good luck.

I would check out some of these which trade on the NYSE and can easily be added to any investment portfolio. (Disclosure: I have small speculative bets in one of these instruments)

http://etf.stock-encyclopedia.com/ca...lver-etfs.html

Note: SLV and SIVR

themiscson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) themiscson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) themiscson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) themiscson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) themiscson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) themiscson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) themiscson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) themiscson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) themiscson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) themiscson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) themiscson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    33.33$