Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow! Some of you all have epic set ups at your garages and basements. Can I come over and lift?

Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've trained in my home gym for years....probably over 10 years now. Sometimes it's hard to get motivated but it beats listening to techno-pop music and watching guys walk around like they're gonna fly away from having such big lats. LOL

camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I train at home most of the time. I do a lot of metcon work these days which require two to three loaded bars. I work a rotating shift and always train before work. On days it's 2:45 am and on nights it's 2:45 pm. Working a 12 hr shift, it's not easy to get to the gym anyway.

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i do home thing, no germs(cold+flu seasons here)..no rush, no noise, no girls..wait a minute no girls. lol

dberrong is just really nice. (+1000) dberrong is just really nice. (+1000) dberrong is just really nice. (+1000) dberrong is just really nice. (+1000) dberrong is just really nice. (+1000) dberrong is just really nice. (+1000) dberrong is just really nice. (+1000) dberrong is just really nice. (+1000) dberrong is just really nice. (+1000) dberrong is just really nice. (+1000) dberrong is just really nice. (+1000)
    Home gym all the way. Closest gym is over 30 minutes away from my house.
    CON-CRET/N.O. XPlode/BSN AminoX workout log/journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136191701

AI Sports TestPro Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136774361

CON-CRET ProMera Health Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134907571

SNS FocusXT and Agamatine Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134020461

I REP BACK Everytime!!

geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I can see benefits to working out at home, especially if you can afford a decent set up and have the space for it, but I also like getting out of the house and being around other like minded people in the gym. For me though its no big deal getting to the gym, it is only a 10 minute walk from my front door to theirs.
    Get your ass in the gym period!

mbarnes3382 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I workout at home, just hard for me to get to the gym after work its usually late.

bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For me it started out as a necessity because I had three small children and the only time I could work out was while they were sleeping and it cost way too much for child care at the gym for three kids. Just started plunking my gym membership money into purchasing my own equipment and now it's just way more convenient doing it at home rather than going to the gym. I do miss the leg press/hack squat though!
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour-his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear-is that moment when he has to work his heart out in a good cause and he's exhausted on the field of battle-victorious."

Vince Lombardi

vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Home gym

I worked out at a gym for 3 yrs and then switched to my home gym. The only thing I miss would be the cardio equipment. Super convienient. Watched craigslist for a couple of months until a good setup came along. My kids are also working out, so its all good.

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Snookums and I decided to purchase an decent quality elliptical. It was probably the equivalent of 1-1.5 years of gym membership for the both of us. I had some weights from when I was a kid, so I had something to start out with. I added a decent quality bench and a few hundred pounds of additional plates recently from a Craig's List post, and I'm in business.

My bottom line, though, is for us, it just makes more sense. I work 12 hour (sometimes more) shifts three or four days a week. What we don't spend on gas and gym memberships we have available for supps and whatever. I never have to worry about rushing anywhere when it comes to training, and I can always train with exactly the equipment I need.

liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftinoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Home for me. Purchased my own unit just over a year ago which has a double garage. Spot for my car and plenty of room for small home gym setup.
    What I like,
    My music - have a small stereo which I can connect my Ipod.
    Time- Usually I train around 5-7pm, local gyms are packed then.
    No driving, parking etc
    No waiting to use equipment
    No putting up with bad hygiene- sweat left on benches etc
    I can train any day/time I please
    If I want to do say a bit of extra ab work on an off day, I just walk downstairs instead of spending more time travelling etc than the short workout.

What I miss
    Big variety of equipment

Sound the Lunk Alarm!!!!! HighGear's Avatar
    HighGear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HighGear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HighGear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HighGear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HighGear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HighGear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HighGear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HighGear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HighGear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HighGear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HighGear is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Home gym for me. It started with a treadmill and recumbent bike, then the setup for P90X, then a little of this, and a little of that. The wife will not go into a gym, so it works for us to lift together. I've been in the gym at our local rec center, and either gang members or other scumbags I've arrested are there lifting, or someone tuned all the TV's to FOX NEWS, or the "special ed" group is in there (oh wait, I already said they were watching Fox News didn't I. j/k ) Anyway I dig the home thing much better as I don't rely on motivation from an outside source.

BTW, the wife and I were lifting two nights ago, and she let out a "Rrrrwwwaaaahhhh" as she got her 10'th rep of her 5th set of bench. She stopped and said, "Screw the Lunk Alarm!" - I was so proud!
    When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion. –C.P. Snow, Science and Government

Sometimes when no one's home I enjoy seperating m&m's into color groups and pretending they're little villages of people with their own economic and social problems, and then I try to fix them through free trade agreements and other diplomatic measures! - NoPainNoGain

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
    I am curious to see how many of you all are able do your lifting, training, bodybuilding, powerlifting, etc....at home instead of going to a gym. If you do this at home, what are some of your reasons? For time or money saving? Or, not wanting to put up the all the gym shenanigans that we always read about?
    You definitely don't save any money when you need to get good gear. I work out at home because I don't drive, but also because I don't think I'd drive to the gym if I could. My music, my stuff, nobody in the way. Hard to beat that.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    You definitely don't save any money when you need to get good gear. I work out at home because I don't drive, but also because I don't think I'd drive to the gym if I could. My music, my stuff, nobody in the way. Hard to beat that.
    Only thing I paid full price for was my seated calf machine and my dip belt. Everything else was pennies on the dollar. My home gym cost less than a year membership at the gym. Now, I still have the gym membership, but my wife likes it, and we go there to use the pool and do some cardio/hot tub. If money were an issue, home gym wins for me. Nothing at the other gym I cannot do at home.

YMMV
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Registered User Appalachian guy's Avatar
    Appalachian guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Appalachian guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Appalachian guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Appalachian guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Appalachian guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Appalachian guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Appalachian guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Appalachian guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Appalachian guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Appalachian guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Appalachian guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Home gym

If I had the room, I'd work out at home. Right now there is no space for a home gym in my current house. I have a few weight plates, bars, a (really old) bench and some bumbbells. In my new house, I will have room but I'm not sure if the area I'm considering in the old laundry room will big enough. For now I work out at a local Anytime Fitness, and they have a good variety of cardio equipment, which I won't have at home.
    There is no alternative to keeping fit. Why risk poor health and possibly an early grave?

db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a home gym and I have been using a real gym during the past two winters. I prefer the home gym, but the gym "experience" is ok for 4-12 weeks when it's cold. I take the time to watch for people doing interesting things that I don't see at home. Terrible form, great form, impressive strength, impressive weakness, bench shirts, loafers and dress pants.

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Garage Powerlifting gym

Pros: all the stuff that has already been mentioned

Cons: can't get a spot, do negatives or forced reps on bench. Small price to pay.

edit: The ONLY thing that would take me away from my home gym would be to hook up with a powerlifting/strongman club because I think that training with better lifters would make me a better lifter.
    Last edited by Nikonguy; 03-16-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    You definitely don't save any money when you need to get good gear.
    This is true if you want something like a leg press or nice hack squat machine...and you want it now. For the most part you can find the stuff that "no gym should be without"
    cheap enough that it will offset the expense pricier items.

Pennies on the dollar
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50) winnicandle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like a gym..but I also work odd hours so I can go at 10am when its quiet.

I also like people watching. Spend a lot of time traveling and trying different gyms on the road is actually very fun. Great to find some hard core places with meatheads tossing weights etc. Good stuff.

I'd like some equip at home, but I enjoy getting away fromt he phone and the kids and hitting the gym. If I had to do rush hour times Im sure I'd change my tune.

angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    [QUOTE=Getsum;629664093]I do both, but I love my home gym. Those 75lb plates on my dead lift bar were given to me by a coworker when I was around 18 years old and I think they were already at least 10 years old at the time. It’s nice to have the stuff available.

That's so pretty I lift at work (a college) because I can do it during work hours, I don't have to pay and there are only a few guys in there when I go. My son really wants to start lifting seriously and is pushing for a gym membership but it's expensive!
    I have some stuff at home but I think the money would be better spent on more home equipment versus the local gym...

thelonecrouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelonecrouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelonecrouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelonecrouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelonecrouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelonecrouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelonecrouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelonecrouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelonecrouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelonecrouton is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelonecrouton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love my garage gym, breeze-block squat rack and all. Never seem to have quite enough plates though, but I guess that's a sign of progress... the wife gets to ask me what the hell I need more weights for and I ask her the same thing about shoes, seems fair.

msru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) msru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) msru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) msru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) msru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) msru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) msru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) msru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) msru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) msru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) msru is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Home gym all the way here. I bought a house a few months ago and had the builder build a 24x24 garage/shed beside my house. I use this as primarily my home gym, but also for storage. It's my "dream" home gym I've always wanted. I think I spent about $5,000 total for all the equipment, weights, accessories, etc. It sounds like a lot but I saved money while in Iraq and if you add up the cost of a commercial gym for, say, 2 years at about $50/month, that's $1,200 right there, which will pay for a nice home gym.
    My Workout and Diet Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132284633

2009-2010 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125381851

VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000)
    In the past I've usually worked out at a gym, with some occasional times at home. Recently I've just about finished up my home gym though and my wife and I are working out there. For the most part it is done, just have to move the dumbbells in there. Starting to get a little cramped, but not too bad. She stays on the yellow powertec machine and I'm on the rack.

VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000) VolsGoneWild is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Fabricating exercise gadgets is the fun part of having a home gym.
    Exactly, I've got an assortment of grip training tools in the plastic bucket. Also, the most recent item was bars for doing dips in the rack. It's nice, let's me combine two of my favorite hobbying, training and building.

db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) db_ggmm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by VolsGoneWild View Post
    In the past I've usually worked out at a gym, with some occasional times at home.
    oh mi lawd, tv too

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i trained hard at home for many years. up until about 2 yrs ago i moved and left weights with some friends to use... live in an aptment now. (Gheyness)

anyhow been at a club ever since.

i still have a full set of powerblocks and a stand next to me.

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
    This pretty much sums it up right here.
    True that! And I work out with my wife now, and she's hot!

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VolsGoneWild View Post
    In the past I've usually worked out at a gym, with some occasional times at home. Recently I've just about finished up my home gym though and my wife and I are working out there. For the most part it is done, just have to move the dumbbells in there. Starting to get a little cramped, but not too bad. She stays on the yellow powertec machine and I'm on the rack.

Dude. Nice! I have a Smith Machine, Kettlebells, pullup bar, tanning bed and treadmill all cramped into an extra bedroom but I'm looking at power racks now.

fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just got done remodeling my basement to expand my "Torture Chamber".

It's nice to be able to come home, change, slam out a quick workout and go in with the rest of my evening.
    +1 on not having to listen to Justin Beiber or Lady Gaga...

Geek
    Last edited by fishingeek; 03-17-2011 at 01:28 PM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #34 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #1 []---[]

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

Evolution of my gym:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131836863

vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I do both. Okay partial setup at home (oly bar, trap bar, plates, selectable powerlock dumbbells, basic bench, no rack). Still shoot for 1-2 days/week at the gym because I can't do everything at home. Also sometimes I need the change of scenery (get tired of gym, get tired of home, etc)