Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cooldudel View Post
    why dont they take people that take medication?
    grandpas cough syrup?
    -= 08-18-2009 Never Forget =-

Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157444353

But who was signature?

Misc Fire Team 2: 1stindoor; Johnnybomb; DonMegaR; NotMeAgain; TheSheepDog; girlygirl; sickdevildog1; MIH-XTC; awds; Sable Strenua; The Big E; prop42

DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FrankyDiesel View Post
    No,It was for headaches and stress I believe the doctor put down.

I was prescribed straterra SP? for three months for add when I was sixteen though...
    ADHD meds are a DQ usually.

i lol'd at the pot script.
    -= 08-18-2009 Never Forget =-

Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157444353

But who was signature?

Misc Fire Team 2: 1stindoor; Johnnybomb; DonMegaR; NotMeAgain; TheSheepDog; girlygirl; sickdevildog1; MIH-XTC; awds; Sable Strenua; The Big E; prop42

trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey brahs i have some srs questions...

i was previously enlisted in the airforce dep, but was kicked out for a dui(ya i know im a dumbass, worst mistake of my life).

however my old recruiter, pretty much has washed her hands with me, she said she would try and help me out, but it would take A LOT longer, to get me in. and the fact of the matter is. i dont want to wait for over a year to get my life started.

my questions are(if anyone knows):

what is the general wait time for someone trying to join the marines now a days?

not to sound ignorant, but i dont know much about the marines other than the publics perception that they are pretty much ONLY on the battle line (however i dont beleive that) im just curious as to what other jobs i could be doing instead of being on the frontline, and what are the possibilities of me getting a non-combat job? (i got an 85 on my asvab)

how do you like being in the marines? i know its got a rich tradition, and its like a brotherhood. but do you enjoy it?

thanks in advance brahs i have a lot more questions but ill start here

FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DonMegaR View Post
    ADHD meds are a DQ usually.

i lol'd at the pot script.
    dq if you tell them

hehehe
    Disregard Everything, Acquire Aesthetics Crew

Dear Frederick, thank you for your nice letter, but I am actually a US Marine who was born to kill, whereas clearly you seem to have mistaken me for some sort of wine sipping, communist dick suck. And although peace probably appeals to tree hugging bi-sexuals like you and your parents, I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up every day just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations.

FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000) FrostyMarine is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by trippped View Post

i was previously enlisted in the airforce dep, but was kicked out for a dui(ya i know im a dumbass, worst mistake of my life).

however my old recruiter, pretty much has washed her hands with me, she said she would try and help me out, but it would take A LOT longer, to get me in. and the fact of the matter is. i dont want to wait for over a year to get my life started.

what is the general wait time for someone trying to join the marines now a days?

not to sound ignorant, but i dont know much about the marines other than the publics perception that they are pretty much ONLY on the battle line (however i dont beleive that) im just curious as to what other jobs i could be doing instead of being on the frontline, and what are the possibilities of me getting a non-combat job? (i got an 85 on my asvab)

how do you like being in the marines? i know its got a rich tradition, and its like a brotherhood. but do you enjoy it?

getting in depends on manpower for any particular mos. prolly 8 monthes to a year? you can prabably get a good list of jobs that you qualify for with an 85. i loved and hated the marines, it is like a brotherhood, and im so fortunate to have experienced it.

Dear Frederick, thank you for your nice letter, but I am actually a US Marine who was born to kill, whereas clearly you seem to have mistaken me for some sort of wine sipping, communist dick suck. And although peace probably appeals to tree hugging bi-sexuals like you and your parents, I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up every day just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations.

Rosco75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rosco75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rosco75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rosco75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rosco75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rosco75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rosco75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rosco75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rosco75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rosco75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rosco75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The best advice you can get is to just take the first step and visit a recruiter. He will be better suited to answer these questions for you. The only question that you need to ask yourself is : Do YOU want to be a Marine?
    "Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead"
    I rep back 99% of the time, especially if you make me lol in the CP comment.
    ================
    **Knee Draggers Unite** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128346291
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ Combat Veterans Crew ██ █ ★ █ ██ USMC 0351

trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000) trippped is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FrostyMarine View Post
    getting in depends on manpower for any particular mos. prolly 8 monthes to a year? you can prabably get a good list of jobs that you qualify for with an 85. i loved and hated the marines, it is like a brotherhood, and im so fortunate to have experienced it.
    thanks brah, im really not particular to any branch, ive just realized i have dug myself into a very deep hole, and think the military would be a great option(which was a big reason why i had origianly joined the airforce)

Originally Posted by Rosco75 View Post
    The best advice you can get is to just take the first step and visit a recruiter. He will be better suited to answer these questions for you. The only question that you need to ask yourself is : Do YOU want to be a Marine?
    im really not particular to any branch in the military, im still on probation, but im supposed to get off in a week(i dont beleive recruiters can talk to you while on probation?). my biggest concern is i do NOT want to wait around for another year. before i was kicked out of the airforce dep, i waited for 1 year! i was kicked out 1 month before i was suuposed to leave for boot camp, i have wasted another year just because of this dui, and if i have to wait another year that will be 3 years of my life i have ultimatley wasted. it makes me sick to my fuking stomach every day i wake up with nothing to show for being 22, except everyones comon perception of me, which is inaccurate.

thanks brah, im really not particular to any branch, ive just realized i have dug myself into a very deep hole, and think the military would be a great option(which was a big reason why i had origianly joined the airforce)

im really not particular to any branch in the military, im still on probation, but im supposed to get off in a week(i dont beleive recruiters can talk to you while on probation?). my biggest concern is i do NOT want to wait around for another year. before i was kicked out of the airforce dep, i waited for 1 year! i was kicked out 1 month before i was suuposed to leave for boot camp, i have wasted another year just because of this dui, and if i have to wait another year that will be 3 years of my life i have ultimatley wasted. it makes me sick to my fuking stomach every day i wake up with nothing to show for being 22, except everyones comon perception of me, which is inaccurate.

You might have to wait, but its worth it obviously. Your fastest way in however prabably is infantry. Your asvab score might also be expired, you might want to check on that as well, not sure how long they last.

inning

Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rosco75 View Post
    The only question that you need to ask yourself is : Do YOU want to be a Marine?
    i second this
    USMC

You might have to wait, but its worth it obviously. Your fastest way in however prabably is infantry. Your asvab score might also be expired, you might want to check on that as well, not sure how long they last.
    ok ill check on that. another question is, if i were to go infantry, how long are deployments typically, and will i be able to do anything beneficial for myself on a deployment(will i have the time/resources) to be goin to school (internet), or just anything beneficial?

when you are not deployed what is your duty(as infantry)?

Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dq if you tell them

hehehe
    Honor (Integrity), Courage, and Commitment...

just saying brah
    When you think you’re done you’re only 40% into what your body is capable of doing and that’s just the limits that we put on ourselves. - David Goggins

*Misc Cologne Crew*

heartswild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heartswild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heartswild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heartswild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heartswild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heartswild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heartswild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heartswild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heartswild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heartswild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) heartswild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When deployed what does a typical day look like from waking up to going to bed?
    beep beep

Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    Honor (Integrity), Courage, and Commitment...

just saying brah
    you do what you gotta do homie

Originally Posted by heartswild View Post
    in garrison (grunts prespective)

wake up
    take out garbage
    go pt. (run, pull ups, something really creative)
    shower
    formation
    working parties or classroom stuff to learn
    lunch
    working parties or classroom stuff to learn
    standby to standby for formation
    off for work

in the field

wake up
    shave
    eat mre
    train all day, wait to train
    eat mre
    train more, or stand by
    eat mre
    sleep lots

deployed

use your imagination

Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I enjoy it a lot more now that I am done.

With an 85 you can do pretty much anything (I assume you mean your AFQT score).

I'm going to be blunt. If you're considering joining the USMC and you're "not particular to any branch" then you need to objectively look at a couple things:

1. Your personality.
    2. Your long-term goals
    3. Your interests in terms of a career

You're 22 years old, you're not exactly running out of time in life. I have friends who joined when they were 26-30 years old. The average person joins the Marine Corps at 19.

If you join the Marine Corps simply because they can ship you out the quickest you very well may end up hating being in the Marine Corps. WHICH will make you hate the Marine Corps, since you are stuck in it. People with the wrong personality who don't adapt to what it takes to succeed in the Marine Corps almost never blame themselves, they blame the 'Corps. Even though they CHOSE to join, they weren't forced in. They could've joined the Air Force and been much better off.

But if you want to join the Marine Corps because it embodies what you WANT to be, well then...you'll earn it...if you try hard enough.

Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hatebreed13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Kill while sleeping.
    Kill while eating.
    Kill more while killing.
    Kill while pissing.
    Kill while working out.
    Kill while eating.
    Poop.
    Kill more while killing.
    Kill while eating.
    Modern Family.
    Kill while sleeping.

Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    On our FOB:

Wake up
    hygeine inspection
    daily cleanup
    training schedule
    (yes we did all this gayness in Iraq)
    gym
    watch bootleg DVDs
    dodge SNCO's as much as possible

Outside the wire:

Patrols left at night (This isn't OPSEC, ****s changed a lot since then)
    Look for people to kill
    possibly get a nap somewhere in there
    come close to OD'ing on caffeine/tobacco
    rinse/repeat until RTB
    ★cVc★

Originally Posted by Frannycakes View Post
    On our FOB:

Wake up
    hygeine inspection
    daily cleanup
    training schedule
    (yes we did all this gayness in Iraq)
    gym
    watch bootleg DVDs
    dodge SNCO's as much as possible

Outside the wire:

Patrols left at night (This isn't OPSEC, ****s changed a lot since then)
    Look for people to kill
    possibly get a nap somewhere in there
    come close to OD'ing on caffeine/tobacco
    rinse/repeat until RTB
    WOW, hygiene inspections...ridiculous. Not surprised though, of course.

FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How high do you have to score on the ASVAB to be a Corpsmen?

Do they carry rifles or just a sidearm?

If I am able to be deployed with a marine unit...What should I know/do to be accepted?

Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Echo_1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

rifle

If I am able to be deployed with a marine unit...What should I know/do to be accepted?
    your job
    USMC

Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Only about 30% of the Marine Corps are direct combat personnel (Grunts, Tanks, Artillery, Combat Jet / Helo Pilots). The rest are support. That can be anything from Mechanics, Drivers, Refulers, Cooks, Admin personnel, Weathermen, etc. Basically, Google "USMC MOS" and you can see everything the corps has to offer.

Like every Marine, I enjoyed my time in the Marines more now than i did when i was in. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of good times and a lot of experiences I could not have gotten anywhere else. With that said, there is a lot of stupid things that you have to do, and BORING times waiting around with nothing to do (and thus getting into trouble because your not doing anything)
    USMC - OEF/OIF Veteran

FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrankyDiesel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Echo_1 View Post

your job
    LOL.That makes sense bro! Didnt think of that.

I meant more along the lines of marine knowledge/history?

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keep up.

For example, you'll probably have the option of completing the Navy PT test, or the Marine PT test. Guess which one "looks better"... especially if you can knock out 20 pullups and nail a decent time on the 3-mile run...

But as someone else pointed out - Know and do your job, first and foremost. After that, help the Marines out with whatever they need (especially the miserable crap that nobody really wants to do, and most especially if it's the stuff that you're not required to do).

edit: listen to what this man says^^^

dont worry about that. youll learn what you need to learn. just do your job and do it well and youll be accepted.
    USMC

Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadbob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Most Marines flush all the Corps history they learned in boot as soon as they walked off the Parade Deck at Graduation!

Do your job, be mentally tough enough to put us with the BS you'll get from most Marines, have enough sack to put those Marines in their place when needed, be in good physical shape to keep up with the riggers of training. If you get attached to a grunt unit, pay extra attention during combat training so you don't do something stupid that would kill yourself or someone else.
    USMC - OEF/OIF Veteran

Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't be a pussy
    ★cVc★

You'll carry a rifle, and quite possibly a sidearm.

You should know that it may be no walk in the park. You may end up having to save, and try to save friends you've made. You'll for the most part be the man that Marines are counting on when poop hits the fan. Like someone else said, don't be a wuss.

insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10) insame is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys i just found this thread, and i made a thread asking marines some questions so i figure why not just copy and paste my thread and get some questions answered right here

Im currently in the delayed entry program for the marines, becuase i am enlisted, and my bootcamp ship date is this july(hopefully i get luckily shipped earlier) and im going to be doing Communications in the reserve area.

Now I got a few questions for you fellow marines who got out of bootcamp

1)What sort of exercises do you do that make Marine Corps bootcamp harder than all the other military branches? Is there more running Involved or just more demanding than the others?

2)(TO ANY RESERVISTS) How is the reserves? Like will i be able to do other things in my life easily or is it going to be a B*tch?

3)During Bootcamp (I have a Wierd question and i will explain why) Is there a great possibility of breaking your nose? like do you engage in movements that could break bones? Especially the nose? The reason why is becuase about 8 months ago i had to get surgery on my nose becuase it was severely deviated and crooked, and underwent a 4 hour surgery that came out a success, my nose is much straighter and i can actually breath out of it! So It would suck a lot if marine bootcamp was just like asking to rebreak my nose and cause it to be crooked again But whats your input on this? I also heard they took out the boxing part in bootcamp as too many poeple were getting hurt from it

4)How does it feel to be a marine? Do you feel any different?

Thanks in advise, i really appreciate it

Originally Posted by insame View Post
    Hey guys who just got out of bootcamp or marine corps, Congratz!!

Now im just here to ask you guys some questions please answer to the best of your knowledge and truthfully. Thanks!

Im currently in the delayed entry program for the marines, becuase i am enlisted, and my bootcamp ship date is this july(hopefully i get luckily shipped earlier) and im going to be doing Communications in the reserve area.

Now I got a few questions for you fellow marines who got out of bootcamp

1)What sort of exercises do you do that make Marine Corps bootcamp harder than all the other military branches? Is there more running Involved or just more demanding than the others?
    Marine Boot Camp is more mentally tough than any other service. That's what makes it so hard. You basically spend 12 weeks of your life doing nothing right and being punished for others mistakes or made up reasons.
    2)(TO ANY RESERVISTS) How is the reserves? Like will i be able to do other things in my life easily or is it going to be a B*tch?
    3-4 days a month, 2 weeks a year is all your committed. Rest of the time is up to you. If your activated, that is 6-15 months on Active Duty
    3)During Bootcamp (I have a Wierd question and i will explain why) Is there a great possibility of breaking your nose? like do you engage in movements that could break bones? Especially the nose? The reason why is becuase about 8 months ago i had to get surgery on my nose becuase it was severely deviated and crooked, and underwent a 4 hour surgery that came out a success, my nose is much straighter and i can actually breath out of it! So It would suck a lot if marine bootcamp was just like asking to rebreak my nose and cause it to be crooked again But whats your input on this? I also heard they took out the boxing part in bootcamp as too many poeple were getting hurt from it
    Yes. You can break any bone any number of ways. If your worried about breaking something, may as well wrap yourself in bubble wrap 24/7
    4)How does it feel to be a marine? Do you feel any different?
    Feelsgood.jpg
    USMC - OEF/OIF Veteran