Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000)

Layne Nortons power hypertrophy split

Ive just begun this workout, and on hypertrophy days you go about 2 reps short of failure. On power days(5x5) do you go to failure on the last set for each exercise? Thanks a lot, and if you have done this routine let me know how it worked out for you!
    I rep people in my log.

"Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner."

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength
    -Philipians 4:13

My workout log.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124778211

Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000) Str8Rippin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bump

nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Str8Rippin View Post
    Ive just begun this workout, and on hypertrophy days you go about 2 reps short of failure. On power days(5x5) do you go to failure on the last set for each exercise? Thanks a lot, and if you have done this routine let me know how it worked out for you!
    I use this split and tweak it here and there but yeah the 5x5 routine is all about strength and pushing your body.
    I will go to failure on all my lifts/presses and just make sure i up the poundage each week - hope this helps!
    "You may feel you are building muscle, you can be working hard, sweating, getting tired and sore, but unless you are sending the right code to the body, you are going to be disappointed in your results" - Arnold (The Encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding)

So you would go to failure on the last set, then the next week up the weight a little? Thanks! How is it working for you?
    I rep people in my log.

"Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner."

My workout log.

nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10) nico_icecold is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Str8Rippin View Post
    So you would go to failure on the last set, then the next week up the weight a little? Thanks! How is it working for you?
    Yep thats how i do it! currently im prepping for a show in June so im not upping my lifts so much but trying to maintain them at the very least.

Im a big advocate of training a muscle twice a week (which this allows you to do). Its a good combo of strength building and shape work.

The biggest thing is to use the model - dont just do the exercises as you might want to change the exercises to train your weak points.

Some good recent vids here explain a but more :
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-...l-revelia.html

hope that helps and just keep on at it!
    "You may feel you are building muscle, you can be working hard, sweating, getting tired and sore, but unless you are sending the right code to the body, you are going to be disappointed in your results" - Arnold (The Encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding)

Thanks bro! I'll take a look at them shorly. Good luck with your show, and your future training!
    I rep people in my log.

My workout log.