Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    would spiro do the job alone?

if not would AA and spiro be a good stack

also does anyone know how many mgs or grams of ket powder from cns i

put in a 32 ox bottle of shampoo to get 1 % ?

Registered User 04GallardoEgear's Avatar
    04GallardoEgear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try

saw palmetto
    nettle root
    pygeum (make sure these three are standardized)
    flax seed oil
    evening primrose
    black currant
    beta-sitosterol

smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50) smeton_yea will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I heard saw palmetto might be good for hair, but none of this other stuff. where do you get your sourses for theis info?

Originally Posted by 04GallardoEgear
    Try

saw palmetto
    nettle root
    pygeum (make sure these three are standardized)
    flax seed oil
    evening primrose
    black currant
    beta-sitosterol

Registered User 04GallardoEgear's Avatar
    04GallardoEgear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    I heard saw palmetto might be good for hair, but none of this other stuff. where do you get your sourses for theis info?
    saw palmetto, nettle root and pygeum are all potent DHT inhibitors. Beta-sitosterol is able to block DHT as well (phytosterols have anti-androgenic properties, and beta-sitosterol apparently contains more sterols than saw palmetto). I have not heard of any strong side effects. Evening primrose and black currant oil contain a good mix of GLA and other EFAs, which is great for skin and regrowth. The same applies to Flax seeds.

Disease prevention and treatment (Life extension) and publications by Dr. Weil MD is where you can find a lot of stuff.

dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 04GallardoEgear
    saw palmetto, nettle root and pygeum are all potent DHT inhibitors. Beta-sitosterol is able to block DHT as well (phytosterols have anti-androgenic properties, and beta-sitosterol apparently contains more sterols than saw palmetto). I have not heard of any strong side effects. Evening primrose and black currant oil contain a good mix of GLA and other EFAs, which is great for skin and regrowth. The same applies to Flax seeds.

Disease prevention and treatment (Life extension) and publications by Dr. Weil MD is where you can find a lot of stuff.
    Betasisterol is an extract from saw palmetto. Neither has ever conclusively proven to inhibit 5ar under circumstances that directly apply to the follicle.

If anyone wants an oral 5ar inhibitor they should just get finasteride, which is clinically proven to work.
    I saw the film, said that's the life for me
    Forsake the mundane for some instability
    So sue me.

Protect your right to buy the supplements you want: www.usfa.biz

Slimshady01 is just really nice. (+1000) Slimshady01 is just really nice. (+1000) Slimshady01 is just really nice. (+1000) Slimshady01 is just really nice. (+1000) Slimshady01 is just really nice. (+1000) Slimshady01 is just really nice. (+1000) Slimshady01 is just really nice. (+1000) Slimshady01 is just really nice. (+1000) Slimshady01 is just really nice. (+1000) Slimshady01 is just really nice. (+1000) Slimshady01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have used Nizoral for about 5 years with Finasteride. I just stopped the Fina due to elavated estrogen levels. I still use the Nizoral shampoo though.

Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just throwing in some other info...There are products that claim to apply saw palmetto to the scalp, and work as a local 5ar inhibitor, although I'm skeptical if it goes deep enough within the epidermal to make a difference. Also, if testosterone has turned to DHT at another place within the body already and is affecting hair follicles, what good does an enzyme inhibitor do? Of course, I have heard that testosterone is changed to locally at the hair follicle. If that were the case, then local 5ar inhibitors would be a very good idea, assuming it actually is affecting the enzyme before it comes in contact with testosterone, and I don’t believe that has been studied completely.

As far as Nettle Root, I have not heard that it does anything to lower DHT. In fact, it is sometimes used during a cycle of steroids or off cycle to increase androgen receptor capabilities. Maybe there is more information on this herb then I have been exposed to.

I personally don't believe that lowering DHT alone is the answer. There are investigators that believe it is an auto-immune disorder (genetically of course), and hair-loss is caused by local inflammation, which is why there are copper products.

The studies and research done behind all products, including and especially prescription drugs, are done by those that want to sell the product. When it comes to herbs and natural products, don’t expect to find studies done on any of them because no one will be able to sell them with the FDA backing them. Why? Simple, it wouldn’t be a drug, therefore not looked at by the FDA. So why would they bother looking at it? They won’t!!!
    "Building muscle is a science, and as such must have conclusions brought through by scientific, technical, methodical, and exact means...not by hearsay, gossip, and unfounded information. " - Younggunz
    "This is a matter of science -- your feelings mean **** all." -Par
    "You are my bitch." - BigCat

DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've used 5% minoxidil, 5% azelaic acid, and once in a while used 5% spiro for the past 6 months. Right away all the tiny hair fell out and were replaced by regular size hair. It stopped the recession and brought it back some. Not much, but it's only been 6 months and these things take time. I'm extremely happy that at the very least it stopped the thinning and recession. I recently switched to once a day 15%minoxidil/5%azelaic acid solution and take 5%spiro lotion twice daily. I'm hoping that whatever results I had last time will be multiplied during these next few months.

topack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) topack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) topack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) topack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) topack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) topack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) topack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) topack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) topack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) topack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) topack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DaNotoriousDOM
    I've used 5% minoxidil, 5% azelaic acid, and once in a while used 5% spiro for the past 6 months. Right away all the tiny hair fell out and were replaced by regular size hair. It stopped the recession and brought it back some. Not much, but it's only been 6 months and these things take time. I'm extremely happy that at the very least it stopped the thinning and recession. I recently switched to once a day 15%minoxidil/5%azelaic acid solution and take 5%spiro lotion twice daily. I'm hoping that whatever results I had last time will be multiplied during these next few months.
    the problem is that you will have to do that like forever to maintain or regrow your hair because once you stop your hair will gradually begin falling and this is really frustrating....hope they come up with better solutions with less side effects soon.....

DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaNotoriousDOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by topack
    the problem is that you will have to do that like forever to maintain or regrow your hair because once you stop your hair will gradually begin falling and this is really frustrating....hope they come up with better solutions with less side effects soon.....
    Yup, forever. But I'm eventually going to get a hair transplant. This is faster then brushing teeth. Once before bed takes seconds to apply. In the meantime it's a good solution. I'm not having any side effects. Those are usually from pills.

goali2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goali2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goali2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goali2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goali2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goali2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goali2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goali2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goali2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goali2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) goali2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Confused

Hi i just started using nizoral i m 17 years old. I was having bad dandruff problems and so i went to a dermatologist and he recommended me this. So i decided to take it. I use twice in aweek. I was wondering people herae re talkin about systematic side effects. I am a bit dumb so if someone could help me out. What can be those side effects? Like what are the syntoms? Also considering the argument going on here i think i m gonna stop my shampoo.

defdog99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) defdog99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) defdog99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) defdog99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) defdog99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) defdog99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) defdog99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) defdog99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) defdog99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) defdog99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) defdog99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've done some looking...

Some sites state the 1% niz is just as effective as the 2%. In fact some sites say the 2% will make your weak hair fall out really fast... which surprises a lot of folks.

And Niz doesnt help hair to grow. Supposedly it makes the folicle 5-7% bigger, so when the hair you-can-grow grows, its thicker.

niz will not help bald spots or receeding hairlines. It simply makes hair thicker.
    minoxodil is for bald spots, not receeding hairlines.

Recommended use is 1% niz is 3 times a week. M, W, F.

And on a side note, I just went to a dermotologist. I showed my recent patch of thinned hair. And he decided to run a costly fungus test... I'll know the 3 figure bill and the results in 2 weeks. Guess telling me to go buy 1% nizshampoo for $8.00 at Walgreens, is not profitable info for him to release...

nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nni has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ALTERNATIVE Nizoral ®

Nizoral ® is an anti-fungal that contains ketoconazole. Applied topically as Nizoral ® Shampoo it helps to treat scalp problems on a local level, killing fungal infections and eradicating dandruff.

However, more recently Nizoral ® shampoo was discovered to help prevent hair loss. At first this was believed to be due to its known DHT blocking action, but later it was realized that Nizoral ®'s effects were too fast acting for it to be for that reason alone and so its properties were studied again.

A fatty deposit called sebum builds up in the tiny pockets in the scalp where the hair comes through the skin, rather like grunge in a drainpipe. Sebum is produced in the sebaceous gland and in humans, sebaceous glands are primarily only found in hair follicles. Sebum is a mixture of fat and the debris of dead fat-producing cells.

These cells are constantly replaced by new growth at the base of the glands. Generally the sebum is deposited on the hairs inside the follicles and is brought up to the surface of the skin along the hair shaft.

Normal shampooing has a very difficult job to remove these deposits and their presence may hinder the hair's growth and development and even lessen the delivery of nutrients etc. Nizoral ® shampoo reduces and removes sebum deposits and enables the hairs to grow in a more functional and enhanced environment.

N.B. The best benefits appear to derive from the 2% Nizoral ® shampoo strength, not the 1% strength that has become generally available. Unfortunately, using twice as much of the 1% does not equal the strength of 2%.
    just fyi.
    www.placebro.net

This is a bandit's life, it comes and goes and thems the breaks.

S S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by defdog99

And on a side note, I just went to a dermotologist. I showed my recent patch of thinned hair. And he decided to run a costly fungus test... I'll know the 3 figure bill and the results in 2 weeks. Guess telling me to go buy 1% nizshampoo for $8.00 at Walgreens, is not profitable info for him to release...
    Any word?

GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DevilSmack View Post
    You are right on, I can't use Nizoral because the systemic side-effects are horrible for me. I also can't use topical spiro. And I'm about to stop using my Xandrox 12.5% (12.5% minoxidil and 5% Azelaic acid) because it gives me systemic sides also, no matter how small of a dose I use. When I skip a few days of using my Xandrox, my mood is better and my voice sounds deeper. That indicates to me that it lowers systemic DHT levels. That's good for stopping hair-loss, but it really reduces the results I could be getting from weight training. I am ready for a hair follicle transplant and say screw the hair-loss meds.
    I used to think this and have been using nizoral for years. Its untrue. five minutes on the scalp every other day or twice a week wont effect testostrone levels all it does it inhibit dht levels at the scalp. you can every get away with using it every day.

as long as its not absorbed into the bloodsteam your fine.

gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ReD3784 View Post
    I guess it works, but i dont like the sides
    The pill version will create these sides as it is released systematically.

The shampoo is local to the scalp. You will NOT get the systematic sides.

Get the 2% shampoo, not the 1%

gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) gisnb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DevilSmack View Post
    You are right on, I can't use Nizoral because the systemic side-effects are horrible for me. I also can't use topical spiro. And I'm about to stop using my Xandrox 12.5% (12.5% minoxidil and 5% Azelaic acid) because it gives me systemic sides also, no matter how small of a dose I use. When I skip a few days of using my Xandrox, my mood is better and my voice sounds deeper. That indicates to me that it lowers systemic DHT levels. That's good for stopping hair-loss, but it really reduces the results I could be getting from weight training. I am ready for a hair follicle transplant and say screw the hair-loss meds.
    You get those sides from the shampoo?

Originally Posted by Younggunz View Post
    A prescription from your doc and a pharmacy
    Google "nizoral 2%" Only a gazillion places selling it.