xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50)

massive headache after deads

So today was deadlift/shrug day for me. Usually I do quiet a bit of deadlifting but after my but upon completing my first rep of 265 I became dizzy and currently have a massive headache. Now I attribute some of this to the fact that I was incredibly sick the past 2 days and I still am coughing up phlegm. I also do usually develop a slight dizziness on a near max lift. So the slight head change I figure was also from the bp spike from the vasalva manuever.

When my sis came home she saw me on the couch and asked what's wrong and I told her headache. She then jokingly replied...probably an anyeurism from lifting. Which made me wonder. Could you actually develop an anyeurism from lifting heavy. I mean powerlifters get nosebleeds so could you develop an anyeurism this way?

Also anyone else experience headaches after lifting hard? Could it be related to shrugging as well since if feels almost like a tension headache?

p.s. no I do not believe I have an anyeurism. I simply am curious

SJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) SJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) SJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) SJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) SJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) SJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) SJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) SJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) SJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) SJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) SJF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have had a migrane (blurry eyes, followed by head ache in left temple then spew) come on after a heavy dead lift session...felt ok when I was at the gym, but came on when I got home.
    365/259/507

Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000) Ruz4life is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xSCMxKeraed View Post
    So today was deadlift/shrug day for me. Usually I do quiet a bit of deadlifting but after my but upon completing my first rep of 265 I became dizzy and currently have a massive headache. Now I attribute some of this to the fact that I was incredibly sick the past 2 days and I still am coughing up phlegm. I also do usually develop a slight dizziness on a near max lift. So the slight head change I figure was also from the bp spike from the vasalva manuever.

When my sis came home she saw me on the couch and asked what's wrong and I told her headache. She then jokingly replied...probably an anyeurism from lifting. Which made me wonder. Could you actually develop an anyeurism from lifting heavy. I mean powerlifters get nosebleeds so could you develop an anyeurism this way?

Also anyone else experience headaches after lifting hard? Could it be related to shrugging as well since if feels almost like a tension headache?

You probably just had a spike in blood pressure coupled with the fact that your body is weak from your illness and possible dehydration.

Everyone gets headaches from time to time of heavy lifting - people even throw up.

kwhitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwhitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwhitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwhitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwhitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwhitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwhitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwhitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwhitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwhitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kwhitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've had a similar case. Back in August when I was squatting in the middle of a rep a had an instant head rush/headache that knocked me on my ass. I was unable to finish my workout or do much of anything that day. Also the headache never fully disipated and would come right back if I tried to workout and went heavy. After about 2 weeks of lifting light the pain went away and has yet to come back, and yes I'm lifting heavy again.

WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    . Now I attribute some of this to the fact that I was incredibly sick the past 2 days and I still am coughing up phlegm. I also do usually develop a slight dizziness on a near max lift.
    Logically speaking, you'd attribute it to this. If nothing else has changed then this would the reason.

Why? If you're coughing up phlegm then you have limited respiration capacity - clearly, since your body is doing it's best to expel it. Muscles need oxygen to function, doing something like deadlift requires an extreme amount of work from the muscles, lack of oxygen, limited supply to the head = headache.
    From soul to soul the shortest line
    At best will bended be:
    The ship that holds the straightest course
    Still sails the convex sea.

xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50) xSCMxKeraed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I have experienced a severe headache one other time. I was deadlifting 285 for 1 which at the time was a PR.

And as far as the coughing phlegm. Its about 1 time a day that I cough up phlegm. Its mostly crap in my throat. as far as limited respiratory capacity there is no wheezing I can breathe deeply without having a coughing fit and I went for a run this morning without any issues. In fact my time was pretty much normal (10 seconds more if you want to be specific)
    No fap month?

Fux it! No Fap Till I'm At 12% Body Fat

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    This happened to me first time I tried to lift a properly heavy deadlift. You are probably rounding your back. You must learn to keep your spine straight and support it with proper breathing.

If you use a belt, take a lungful of air and push your gut into the belt before lifting

If you don't use a belt, breathe in then tense your lower abdominals

ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    This happened to me first time I tried to lift a properly heavy deadlift. You are probably rounding your back. You must learn to keep your spine straight and support it with proper breathing.

If you use a belt, take a lungful of air and push your gut into the belt before lifting

If you don't use a belt, breathe in then tense your lower abdominals
    ?????

What does that have to do with a headache?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ProTec View Post
    ?????

What does that have to do with a headache?
    I'm no expert but when I've hurt my back in the past, it is sometimes accompanied by severe headaches. Something to do with leaking of spinal fluid

jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10)

It's spelled aneurysm (or sometimes aneurism). :P I doubt lifting weights would contribute to the formation of an aneurysm - unless, of course, you were already at risk due to high blood pressure, copper deficiency, etc. - but if you already had an aneurysm then the added stress and elevated blood pressure could certainly trigger a rupture.
    You want to get bigger? EAT MORE! TRAIN HARD!
    You want abs? EAT LESS! TRAIN HARD!

devearoux will become famous soon enough. (+50) devearoux will become famous soon enough. (+50) devearoux will become famous soon enough. (+50) devearoux will become famous soon enough. (+50) devearoux will become famous soon enough. (+50) devearoux will become famous soon enough. (+50) devearoux will become famous soon enough. (+50) devearoux will become famous soon enough. (+50) devearoux will become famous soon enough. (+50) devearoux will become famous soon enough. (+50) devearoux will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This had happened to me too. This was because I was ill and was coughing up phlegm (exactly like you). The headache went away with the illness. No need to worry I guess.