Thread: P 90 x

DjTru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjTru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjTru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

P 90 x

Hey Guys,

So for a body building routine, whats your take on how P90X can help that? Or is it more conditioning?

My work out routine now is utilizing a lot of P90X and I want to know if I should adjust it.

Obv, it help because I dont have to go to the gym for the machines, I can simply use the dumbbells at home.

mbrownrigg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the P90X is a cardio and body weight training, basically to tone up and get endurence. but it wont help you gain large quantities of mass if you are looking for a body building response, you would need to go to a gym.

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm 2 days from finishing my first round of P90X and would not recommend it if you are wanting to build significant amounts of muscle. It's more geared toward general fitness and cardiovascular strength than what a more overall strength BB program would be.

You do a lot of max reps with bodyweight exercises for endurance rather than weighted exercises for strength.

joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshrbowman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DjTru View Post
    Hey Guys,

So for a body building routine, whats your take on how P90X can help that? Or is it more conditioning?

My work out routine now is utilizing a lot of P90X and I want to know if I should adjust it.

Obv, it help because I dont have to go to the gym for the machines, I can simply use the dumbbells at home.
    depends on what you're wanting to do. You can buy a weighted vest to use along with your p90x program and that puts more resistance on you, you can also use heavy dumbbells on shoulders and arms and that should really get some bulk going. Dont forget nutrition and upping it though! Good websites for answering questions like yours or that you may have is iwanttogetripped.com
    -if you knew the world was going to end tomorrow, would it change the way you trained today?

-Bigger isn't always better-Oldbutfit

necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If going for mass try Starting Strength. So far so good for me and I've only been doing it a little over a week. You should be able to do most of these at your house. Just get an olympic barbell and some weights and your set. The barbell i use at the gym is one and it weighs 45lbs just by itself. And you do all your workouts with it. Plus don't forget to eat eat EAT

P.S.. Eat and some whey protein

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by necrologic View Post
    If going for mass try Starting Strength. So far so good for me and I've only been doing it a little over a week. You should be able to do most of these at your house. Just get an olympic barbell and some weights and your set. The barbell i use at the gym is one and it weighs 45lbs just by itself. And you do all your workouts with it. Plus don't forget to eat eat EAT

P.S.. Eat and some whey protein
    How do you do squats at home? I'm thinking of trying SS or 5/3/1 or something similar, but I've only got 50 lb DBs and a small bench/bar (not olympic) with about 200 lbs of weights.

I'm thinking that I will need to invest in either larger/more DBs, an olympic bar with more weights, or just bite the bullet and force myself to start going to a gym.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DjTru View Post
    Hey Guys,

P90X is designed for obese middle aged people who have never exercised before. It's not a body building or muscle building program.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Either one would work man. And if you get a decent bench with a rack on it you should be able to do squats if your not super tall and the rack isnt small. Just don't go heavy at first and having a partner or someone to watch you would be good.

FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It works for what its designed to do, which is get out of shape people into shape.
    For people who have no idea what they should be eating, and or need to be guided.

As others have said its not a mass building program, on the other hand it can be a good program to supplement in on a cut as some of the cardio will put you in serious pain if you do the full tape at their speed, and the ab workout is one of the better portions to work in as well.

Also, everybody saying its all bodyweight excersises has apparently never done it or even looked at it so ignore those people. There are plenty of workouts that incorporate all kinds of dumbell workouts, doing the same things you would do at the gym. flies, skull crushers, preacher curls, etc, etc.. and they explicitly tell you this 50 times a DVD, if you want to get bigger choose a weight to do do 6-8 reps, leaner choose one to do 12-16. No different than anything you would read here.

I finished the entire thing, and im glad i did it for no other reason than the fact it got me eating better, and more confident to lift in the gym.

Throw some fat middle age guy at the gym and say do Starting Strength and most wont make it a month, or wont see any gains because they are doing this wrong, or that wrong.

With P90x theres really no guess work, if you follow it 100% you will see the results that i can gaurentee. You can see my progress pictures in my bodyspace from several months ago when i finished.
    Last edited by FuzzeWuzze; 10-27-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    Join KIVA - Donate to those in need around the world! Free $25 for signing up!
    http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/fuzzewuzze

Join the League of Legends! Largest MOBA Game of all time!
    http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4abffc9d33310

DjTru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjTru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DjTru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good stuff fuzzy... so Im assuming you did one work out everyday for 90 days?

lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucasrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    P90X is designed for obese middle aged people who have never exercised before. It's not a body building or muscle building program.
    I used to bench 400 and squat 550 - now all I do is P90X. What you have stated is a gross generalization.

That being said, it is not a mass building program and not for everyone, but the results in my picture to the left are 100% from doing P90X for 18 months straight.
    http://www.sixpacksmackdown.com
    Twitter: @lucasrayd

BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BXR99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the ab ripper x is no joke

JimSimpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSimpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSimpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSimpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSimpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSimpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSimpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSimpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSimpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSimpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimSimpson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The P90X is good too,
    I believe that the P90x workouts are very good, but they are definitely NOT beginner workouts. If you want to use them, then I suggest you have a carb drink such as gatoraide or something with more carbs than that handy because your blood glucose level can get really low really quick if you are new to working out. And when that happens, then you will likely vomit.

EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FuzzeWuzze View Post
    It works for what its designed to do, which is get out of shape people into shape.
    For people who have no idea what they should be eating, and or need to be guided.

As others have said its not a mass building program, on the other hand it can be a good program to supplement in on a cut as some of the cardio will put you in serious pain if you do the full tape at their speed, and the ab workout is one of the better portions to work in as well.

Also, everybody saying its all bodyweight excersises has apparently never done it or even looked at it so ignore those people. There are plenty of workouts that incorporate all kinds of dumbell workouts, doing the same things you would do at the gym. flies, skull crushers, preacher curls, etc, etc.. and they explicitly tell you this 50 times a DVD, if you want to get bigger choose a weight to do do 6-8 reps, leaner choose one to do 12-16. No different than anything you would read here.

I finished the entire thing, and im glad i did it for no other reason than the fact it got me eating better, and more confident to lift in the gym.

Throw some fat middle age guy at the gym and say do Starting Strength and most wont make it a month, or wont see any gains because they are doing this wrong, or that wrong.

With P90x theres really no guess work, if you follow it 100% you will see the results that i can gaurentee. You can see my progress pictures in my bodyspace from several months ago when i finished.
    just remember thats not what determines whether or not u get bigger or leaner...

FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EngUAFitness View Post
    just remember thats not what determines whether or not u get bigger or leaner...
    Obviously, their programs aimed at cutting specifically when it comes to the diet. Theres not much of a market for people looking to get bigger, but like 4/5 Americans could probably use a round or 5 of P90x or something like it...

Its all legit, is the diet perfect? No its hard to write a generic diet that will work for everybody, but if you follow the basic principles of it(calories in, keep fat down, protein high carbs somewhere in between) you'll succeed.

And yes i did the full 90 days, i guess theres a new P90x2 or something coming out in the not too distant future. I'll probably be doing that if its available come Februaryish when i start cutting weight again.

Interesting set of videos showing the entire development of P90x, pretty fun watch especially if you've already done a round
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JONandCA...23/-hAIjFCw2HE
    Last edited by FuzzeWuzze; 10-28-2010 at 02:47 PM.
    Join KIVA - Donate to those in need around the world! Free $25 for signing up!
    http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/fuzzewuzze

Join the League of Legends! Largest MOBA Game of all time!
    http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4abffc9d33310

SeanWoodall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanWoodall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanWoodall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanWoodall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanWoodall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanWoodall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanWoodall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanWoodall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SeanWoodall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Be aware that exercises in the p90x program can be made significantly harder. Contrary to popular weight lifting opinion you can put on a good deal of mass using only bodyweight exercises. To do that you simply have to increase the difficulty of the exercise. A few examples from p90x- pike press > handstand pushup; pushup > one hand pushup; pushup > pushup with vest or bands; split squat > piston. If you want more info on what I just said then visit http://thebodyweightfiles.blogspot.com/

That being said you would find doing a traditional beginner program the fastest and easiest way of building mass and strength. You can find some great workouts in the stickies and other places on bodybuilding.com. If however your goal is general fitness then p90x is one of the best ways to get that. Whatever you decide though I wish you the best of luck.

I watched the video... very cool stuff. Tony Horton's the man!!

*My back is killing me today from like 4 hours of cardio lol*

Btw in the past two weeks, I went from 180 to 174.4. Not to shabby.

Next weeks goal is 170... oh ya!!