Closed Thread
Page 195 of 340 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,850 of 10171
    Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First a thanks to AllPro and everyone else who has contributed to this thread. I started a real life-changing transformation back in January and have been using this workout routine since mid-July. I'm on week 5 of my second cycle.

In January, I weighed 204 and was in horrible shape. I began dieting by lowering calories and doing cardio. By March, I had lost 20 lbs. Then, I started weight training - various exercises, some mistakes due to no experience. By June, I was down 40 lbs. Mid-July I started this program.

Here is my issue. I am now down to 159 lbs, 5'11". A couple of measurements have put me at about 15% body fat. I want to see my abs, but I'm 43 and I'm actually getting kind of scrawny (wife's words) and that may not happen at this point.

For the first time, this week on my heavy day, I failed a set. I couldn't do the 2nd set of my bench press. This caught me totally by surprise. I was really drained in weeks 4 and 5 of the first cycle, so this time I was trying to prepare myself better and make sure I ate enough. I also started taking Purple Wraath during the 4th and 5th weeks. I've been working on my bench form, moved my grip in a bit, and I'm only doing 105lbs. right now and still couldn't finish the 2nd 12-rep set (pathetic, I know).

I'm at a real fork in the road on whether I should continue trying to lose fat (I have about 1900 cals/day now, ~160g protein). I also do 45 mins cardio on Tu-Th (this weight program on M-W-F). I don't do anything on Sat-Sun. I've added some weighted situps to the end of my weight days (2x20reps, 10lb plate on chest).

I still have belly fat, but I think I'm at the point where my strength/lean muscle mass is suffering due to 9 months of dieting. My chest/bench is also lagging behind my other lifts.

Looking back to January, I've come a LONG way, and for 43 years old I'm proud of the way I look. It really bothers me that I couldn't finish the bench this week though.

I'm looking for suggestions on cutting or increasing calories while continuing this workout routine. Like I said earlier, I'm at 5'11" 159lbs., down 44lbs since January.

Thanks

emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Nerd4Life View Post
    First a thanks to AllPro and everyone else who has contributed to this thread. I started a real life-changing transformation back in January and have been using this workout routine since mid-July. I'm on week 5 of my second cycle.

I'm looking for suggestions on cutting or increasing calories while continuing this workout routine. Like I said earlier, I'm at 5'11" 159lbs., down 44lbs since January.

Thanks
    On this great program, I too am in cycle 2 week 5 this week. I'm new to weight training myself and thus others will give you advice based on more experience, but I did want to say that I'm 5'10" and about same weight as you. I know if I were to cut right now, given how lean most of my body is (other than some mid section extra) I would look way too scrawny so I'm bulking and trying to gain muscle. I'm right now eating 3000-3500 per day to see how that works (2800 seemed too low). See what the veterans say, but I'm guessing they might lean towards ramping up calories now.

What you've done this year is amazing, so don't let missing bench this week get you down. I missed one rep of press on week 4, and I was disappointed. Week 5 this week, I barely got my 12 on it, but barely made 12 bench as well which shocked me because I thought that was my one exercise that wasn't in jeopardy.

Oh, and I'm benching 95 lb now, and can't wait to be at 105!

Keep up the great work.

dublaron21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dublaron21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dublaron21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dublaron21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dublaron21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dublaron21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dublaron21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dublaron21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dublaron21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dublaron21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dublaron21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cluelessstudent View Post
    I ran Rippotoe's Starting Strength for about 6 months and I must say, this workout is way more draining than SS.

Must mean it's working though
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is SS?

Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nerd4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dublaron21 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is SS?
    "Starting Strength"...he was just referring back to his earlier reference.

GA7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is the bench press meant to be with a barbell or 2 dumbbells either side??

edit: also for bent over rows?? i'm assuming dumbbells for this one?

Also is there an exercise that can replace bent over rows adequately?? I much prefer the upright row where you raise the barbell or dumbbell(s) up to your chest and back down. But then again I don't really know my stuff so I don't know if replacing this with upright row would work .. if there's nothing better I'll stick with bent over rows .. I just find the positioning really awkward, and to an extent the same for the deadlift but that's ok.
    Last edited by GA7; 09-28-2010 at 10:53 AM.

thenk24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thenk24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thenk24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thenk24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thenk24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thenk24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thenk24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thenk24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thenk24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thenk24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thenk24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sngo View Post
    That is very normal bro. I get that every Monday. Just try your best to hold them in and you can let them out after you are done with the workout. Do you take any Pre workout supp? I took 1MR and it make me feel sick cuz i have to drink so much water to prevent dehydration.
    No no preworkout supplements. I think its because I drank some protein right before working out since I was hungry and it was just undigested while working out like all pro said. Thanks for the answers.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kolossal View Post
    Thanks for answering the questions. I guess I should have read more pages and figured it out myself but thanks for taking the time.

I had my first workout today, I think I saw somewhere in this thread that it's okay to add 1 set of inclined DB Hammer grip bench press and 1 set of triceps extensions, do you think that it might work by making both of those exercises part of the program? Like 4 sets for each, or is that just too much volume?
    Don't add anything for a cycle or 2. That will give you some time to increase your work capacity. If you add to much to soon it will cause other exercises to crash due to recovery issues. Only add 1 exercise at a time. That way if something crashes you know exactly what did it.
    Last edited by all pro; 09-28-2010 at 12:00 PM.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by what34 View Post
    Hey I'm new to seriously working out and need some help. I'm 23 years old. I'm 5' 10'' 215 pounds and i think my BMI is 27%. I want to lose weight and fat. For the last two weeks I've been doing this routine at the gym.

Monday- 40 min of cardio
    Tuesday- 1st visit -40 minutes of cardio. 2nd visit - weights/arms and 20 min of cardio
    Wednesday - 1st visit -40 mintues of cardio. 2nd visit - weights/legs and 20 min of cardio
    Thursday - 1st visit -40 mintues of cardio. 2nd visit - weights/chest and 20 min of cardio
    Friday - 1st visit -40 mintues of cardio. 2nd visit - weights/abs and ice hockey later that night
    Saturday - nothing
    Sunday - nothing

Can I lost weight and fat with this routine? I'm taking protein shakes after the weight workouts, will that be beneficial for me? Any advice on how I should change my routine? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
    To much cardio and not enough lifting but weight control is all about diet. Weight training just helps influence WHERE the weight ends up. Also if you're playing hockey you should be using Bill Starr's 5x5 for weight training.

Originally Posted by Sngo View Post
    Military? Now that really explain your writing style but hold on you are only 20 years old how in the heck did you finish your time which minimum 3-4 years per each contract. Let me guess you were charged with illegal use of control substance i.e Steroid . I have been serving in the Marines Corps for 13 years and i dealt with guy like you almost every day. I think you should leave this thread alone so we all could enjoy learning from the MAN who knows what he is talking about.

Let's get this thread back on track.

All Pro, today is my heavy day of week 5 and i didn't do well on my presses (bench and shoulder press). Next week i will repeat the weight on the presses but increase on other. I think the reason i get so weak because of the lack of sleep and nutrient. I have a newborn arrived couple days ago and i barely get 6hrs/day. Once i get to New Orleans i could do better because my family won't be there to distract my training. As for now i know where my strong and weakness so i could fine tune it better to get the max result.
    First of all, SEMPER-FI my brother. Now let's get down to business. Out side stresses, lack of sleep and a screw up in diet will crash a program every time. Still no biggie. Just do the best you can to get things under control and repeat the weight for the presses. Oh and congrats on the new born. I was blessed with my first grandson 2 months ago.....and I haven't slept since.

Originally Posted by Nerd4Life View Post

In January, I weighed 204 and was in horrible shape. I began dieting by lowering calories and doing cardio. By March, I had lost 20 lbs. Then, I started weight training - various exercises, some mistakes due to no experience. By June, I was down 40 lbs. Mid-July I started this program.

Here is my issue. I am now down to 159 lbs, 5'11". A couple of measurements have put me at about 15% body fat. I want to see my abs, but I'm 43 and I'm actually getting kind of scrawny (wife's words) and that may not happen at this point.

For the first time, this week on my heavy day, I failed a set. I couldn't do the 2nd set of my bench press. This caught me totally by surprise. I was really drained in weeks 4 and 5 of the first cycle, so this time I was trying to prepare myself better and make sure I ate enough. I also started taking Purple Wraath during the 4th and 5th weeks. I've been working on my bench form, moved my grip in a bit, and I'm only doing 105lbs. right now and still couldn't finish the 2nd 12-rep set (pathetic, I know).

I'm at a real fork in the road on whether I should continue trying to lose fat (I have about 1900 cals/day now, ~160g protein). I also do 45 mins cardio on Tu-Th (this weight program on M-W-F). I don't do anything on Sat-Sun. I've added some weighted situps to the end of my weight days (2x20reps, 10lb plate on chest).

I still have belly fat, but I think I'm at the point where my strength/lean muscle mass is suffering due to 9 months of dieting. My chest/bench is also lagging behind my other lifts.

Looking back to January, I've come a LONG way, and for 43 years old I'm proud of the way I look. It really bothers me that I couldn't finish the bench this week though.

Thanks
    You weigh 159 at 5'11"! Enough with the weight lose! Level off your calories and SLOWLY start going back in the other direction. Increase your muscle mass and your % of body fat will start to decrease but don't lose control of your waist line. You're about 40 pounds under weight. Don't try to gain it all over night. In fact you don't have to go all the way up to that. You need to get the scale moving in the other direction and you should see your lifts improving as it does.

Originally Posted by GA7 View Post
    Is the bench press meant to be with a barbell or 2 dumbbells either side??

edit: also for bent over rows?? i'm assuming dumbbells for this one?

Also is there an exercise that can replace bent over rows adequately?? I much prefer the upright row where you raise the barbell or dumbbell(s) up to your chest and back down. But then again I don't really know my stuff so I don't know if replacing this with upright row would work .. if there's nothing better I'll stick with bent over rows .. I just find the positioning really awkward, and to an extent the same for the deadlift but that's ok.
    The entire program was set up to use a barbell but there have been several people in this thread that used dumb bells because that's all they had.

Do not replace rows. Standing rows are one of my favorites and I do them with an EZ curl bar. After running this program as is for a few cycles you can add standing rows. This program doesn't use dead lifts. It uses stiff leg dead lifts. BIG difference.

LawnMower66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

alcohol

I like to have about 3 Gin and sodas every night to wind down. Dose Alcohol negatively affect this weight training program? Im finding recovery to be an issue. Im also a hard working landscaper. Im sure that negatively affects my recovery too. Its the alcohol im wondering about.

what34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    To much cardio and not enough lifting but weight control is all about diet. Weight training just helps influence WHERE the weight ends up. Also if you're playing hockey you should be using Bill Starr's 5x5 for weight training.
    Thanks. I'll look into that. If I don't lose weight with my current routine will it still work for fat loss? or do I need to scrap it all together.

Originally Posted by LawnMower66 View Post
    I like to have about 3 Gin and sodas every night to wind down. Dose Alcohol negatively affect this weight training program? Im finding recovery to be an issue. Im also a hard working landscaper. Im sure that negatively affects my recovery too. Its the alcohol im wondering about.
    Yes, alcohol will negatively effect recovery. To what extant? Well everyone is different. My system wont tolerate it at all.

madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes, alcohol will negatively effect recovery. To what extant? Well everyone is different. My system wont tolerate it at all.
    Hey Allpro great program and I am going to start it this monday and run it for 3-5 months. Question though about adding in incline bench instead of flat bench...would that be a problem or no? I am wondering if it would take away from my military press gains because to much shoulder work. What if, maybe I did them on Fridays workout only...so Monday,Wednesday, and Friday the same except incline bench instead of flat? That should not slow me down any right? Thanks a lot and I hate being the guy who deviates from a specific program but I want to target my upper chest more so that is my thought process. I am thinking that one set of inclines on fridays workout should be ok especially since I have two full days off and Friday is the lighest workout day of the week. I would continue to do the lifts the way you say but just once a week not do the flat.

TKJones21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in my 5th cycle of the program, and I must say it's going great. I weighed 159 when I started; weigh between 176-179 now. Last cycle I failed on bench and OH press, so I know I'm getting close to maxing out those lifts, but I think I can still do another cycle or two for the others. That being said, I am starting to get bored with the routine, and would like to add a little variety/possibly switch it up for a little after this cycle.

So first, thanks for the kick ass routine!!

Now to my question. I am not an athlete; I lift simply because I love doing it. Or I guess, more appropriately, I am far more interested in bodybuilding than pure strength training. If we are talking strictly aesthetics here, i.e. having "useless muscles that look good" for the strength purists, what kind of routine would you recommend next?

I previously was thinking about doing this routine on an HST macro, but I would have to switch it up somehow to make it more interesting.

Please help! Also, I would like to still lift at least 3X a week, and am willing to do more (although I don't know if that would be effective), but would prefer not to do less than 3X.

Thanks!!

yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just finished my heavy day at the end of my first cycle. Holy sh*t was it hard!

I completely underestimated this routine. I even started it out with my 8rm rather then 10.

Fortunately, all my lifts will be going up next cycle. I must admit that I completely surprised myself with the bench and overhead press (failed at 6 reps in earlier weeks).

Anyways, props to all pro for the kick ass routine and answering so many of our questions.

albinism_727 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What does he mean by 2 work sets?
    thanks

dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Thank you All Pro I'm starting my third cycle tonight and I really like the program and seeing great results.

I'm now thinking about adding an exercise this cycle or if not on the next one but I am wondering what would be the best exercise to add? I remember reading something about it in this thread, I tried searching but didn't find it.

So what would be in your opinion the best exercises to add to this program ?

dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10) dushira is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by albinism_727 View Post
    What does he mean by 2 work sets?
    thanks
    It's the 2 sets after your 2 warm up sets. It's the sets were you use the heaviest load.

yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Could somebody recommend a good ab routine and cardio to do on off days?

Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yup123 View Post
    My wife does Abs and cardio on her off days. she just finished her heavy day on her first cycle. She does cardio 30 minutes on Tues Wed, Thurs, Fri in the morning about 10am. Then she does Abs and Dips only on Tues and Thurs. She doesn't do anything on Sat, Sun on Mon. Since Mon is her heaviest day.
    This is her routine for tues & Thurs
    Dips til failure 3 sets
    Crunches - 50 Reps 2 sets
    Bicycles - 60 Reps 2 sets that equates to 30 reps per side
    Hanging Leg Raises knees up - 50 reps 2 sets

Now she isn't up to 50 crunches yet she's up to 36 and the hanging leg raises she's up to like 32. So she's still moving up. This routine takes her 35 mins and she's not rushing at all. 2 days a week it's enough and she's not wiped out. If she did more she'd probably screw up the program.
    Hope this helps.
    "Political Correctness is the enemy of freedom and democracy and equality and truth and reason. If we are to preserve these things we must know Political Correctness and fight it."
    -LomaAlta

Originally Posted by Cadz View Post
    My wife does Abs and cardio on her off days. she just finished her heavy day on her first cycle. She does cardio 30 minutes on Tues Wed, Thurs, Fri in the morning about 10am. Then she does Abs and Dips only on Tues and Thurs. She doesn't do anything on Sat, Sun on Mon. Since Mon is her heaviest day.
    This is her routine for tues & Thurs
    Dips til failure 3 sets
    Crunches - 50 Reps 2 sets
    Bicycles - 60 Reps 2 sets that equates to 30 reps per side
    Hanging Leg Raises knees up - 50 reps 2 sets

Now she isn't up to 50 crunches yet she's up to 36 and the hanging leg raises she's up to like 32. So she's still moving up. This routine takes her 35 mins and she's not rushing at all. 2 days a week it's enough and she's not wiped out. If she did more she'd probably screw up the program.
    Hope this helps.
    Yeah this actually sounds good. Gives me an idea on how to progress and what not. Ill probably switch it up to something like:

Once per week
    Cardio 30min (I'm in high school and get cardio everyday from gym class)
    Pullups 1x10
    Dips 1x10
    Weighted decline crunches
    Cable/Machine crunches
    Leg raises

Not completely sure on the rep ranges though.

aIIan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is there an end all be all spreadsheet for this routine out there?

I understand the concept in theory but seeing it in paper/on my screen would help with the math exponentially.

Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thenk24 View Post
    No no preworkout supplements. I think its because I drank some protein right before working out since I was hungry and it was just undigested while working out like all pro said. Thanks for the answers.
    I have done it a few times esp with the Casein protein. It kept going upward esp on the SLDL.

ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    First of all, SEMPER-FI my brother. Now let's get down to business. Out side stresses, lack of sleep and a screw up in diet will crash a program every time. Still no biggie. Just do the best you can to get things under control and repeat the weight for the presses. Oh and congrats on the new born. I was blessed with my first grandson 2 months ago.....and I haven't slept since.
    no dick face, i joined when i was a jr in high school, {split-ops} and semper-fi my ass, ARMY infrantry Follow ME!!!!!!! i dont have a problem with a marines i should have gone to be honest but idk they didt wanna give me my MOS so i just went 11B. HOOAH! and i could have stayed in longer but i broke my back "from clowning around on a tank in the rain" plus i was 19 and over there to be honest it was all a big video game and when i got hurt i knew i needed to grow up and let myself heal. lol ya u can call me a dumb ass i deserve it. but okay im done being a dick. i was talkin to some friends and guys i work out with and they told me that what i do is not what i did when i first started and now i membered that this is the beginner forum. SO MY BAD.. im really not a bad guy, but for me ur workout would not work, and its not exactly what i have people do when the first come to me for help. but workin out is like going to church everyone has there different views.
    It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Psalm 18:32-34 NIV

ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItsMyReligion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by yup123 View Post
    Ab ripper X
    It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Sorry

okay, sorry to all. all pro i didt not mean to bash your work out, i came in this forum with all the wrong reason. instead of trying to help people or get new ideas i was cocky, i have not been teaching all that long and im young and cocky as hell. and idk i guess it just took one bad night at work to let me see all this. but im really not a fake i really do have a group that i train at the Y. and no i like ur workout now that i look at it but i just dont think it would be for me. i have always been told low reps high weight and i was sticking with that logic.

so okay now that all the i'm sorry's are done hope u can see past my ignorance and answer a few questions for me.

1. i have been stuck at 210-211 for two weeks now, my goal is 240 i cant seem to gain none i have tried all the tricks everything i could ever think of and nothing is workin. im gettin stronger everyday but not gaining. what would u do?

2. next when i do dead lifts, clings and upper abs i get a pain in my sternum? idk its not bad all the time just when i lift heavy objects.

sorry for the long post and hope i have not already made to much of a fool of my self, had a bad few couple of days and been kinda act dickish to everyone around me. i am really not that bad of a guy, i been trying and playing with a few new things and they had me angry and just acting not like my self. but i threw that trash away and im ready to start over.

Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ItsMyReligion View Post
    no dick face, i joined when i was a jr in high school, {split-ops} and semper-fi my ass, ARMY infrantry Follow ME!!!!!!! i dont have a problem with a marines i should have gone to be honest but idk they didt wanna give me my MOS so i just went 11B. HOOAH! and i could have stayed in longer but i broke my back "from clowning around on a tank in the rain" plus i was 19 and over there to be honest it was all a big video game and when i got hurt i knew i needed to grow up and let myself heal. lol ya u can call me a dumb ass i deserve it. but okay im done being a dick. i was talkin to some friends and guys i work out with and they told me that what i do is not what i did when i first started and now i membered that this is the beginner forum. SO MY BAD.. im really not a bad guy, but for me ur workout would not work, and its not exactly what i have people do when the first come to me for help. but workin out is like going to church everyone has there different views.
    1. "i joined when i was a jr in high school"

So the Army don't require a High School Diploma? Are you sure that is the Army not a special program for misbehavior teenager that your parents sign you up for?

2. "i dont have a problem with a marines i should have gone to be honest but idk they didt wanna give me my MOS"

The minimum requirement to be a Marine is to have your head on your shoulder not your butt.

sgtpepper1972 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sgtpepper1972 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sgtpepper1972 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sgtpepper1972 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sgtpepper1972 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sgtpepper1972 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sgtpepper1972 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sgtpepper1972 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sgtpepper1972 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sgtpepper1972 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sgtpepper1972 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

nice!

Closed Thread
Page 195 of 340 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 ... LastLast