fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

New Frank Zane Interview

Interview With Mr. Olympia Frank Zane

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...rank-zane.html

nothing but a peppercorn Rambo26's Avatar
    Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    pretty interesting stuff!

"I think it is all wrong where it is headed, and it is going to be a disaster. I think it is going to be like a Gallagher concert, one of these big bloated guys is going to explode on stage and the first three rows are going to get blood and guts all over them. So it might be a good idea if you are going to a pro show, you should take a rain jacket with you, it could happen at any time."

Lol wut
    All posts should be considered in the correct context, especially those in the Misc section.

Aesthetically pleased fretslayer's Avatar
    fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good read!
    Lee Priest for President

Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500) Delirium1337 is not very helpful. (-500)
    "Arnold showed up.He was big, white, and smooth and was eating cake. And he was not in shape, simple as that."

Dennis, take notes
    .:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Interesting read. His commentary on the use of drugs was funny but also thought provoking. He stopped short of yelling "get off of my lawn" over an overdriven tv speaker cranking out Matlock reruns.

I know in the golden era days, d-bol and winstrol were widely used to help maintain mass while dieting, but I think most of those guys at least thought they were building their physiques, in terms of mass, naturally. I would certainly like to know the truth about Frank Zane's usage in those days. I don't think it diminishes his greatness in any way, but I think it would be interesting to see a realistic generalization of gear use from those days until now. There's a lot of stuff out there today so its not surprising that the old guys feel like they did more with less. Similarly, I wonder what their view is on modern supplements that might have more benefit than the old gear they were using? Seems like they might have an attitude about that too.

Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Pump Freak 86 View Post
    Interesting read. His commentary on the use of drugs was funny but also thought provoking. He stopped short of yelling "get off of my lawn" over an overdriven tv speaker cranking out Matlock reruns.

I know in the golden era days, d-bol and winstrol were widely used to help maintain mass while dieting, but I think most of those guys at least thought they were building their physiques, in terms of mass, naturally. I would certainly like to know the truth about Frank Zane's usage in those days. I don't think it diminishes his greatness in any way, but I think it would be interesting to see a realistic generalization of gear use from those days until now. There's a lot of stuff out there today so its not surprising that the old guys feel like they did more with less. Similarly, I wonder what their view is on modern supplements that might have more benefit than the old gear they were using? Seems like they might have an attitude about that too.
    I'm not an expert on what the bodybuilders were taking but I grew up the '70's and '80's era of bodybuilding. The only thing that was available back then was steroids. There was no growth hormone or insulin. Most of the guys would cycle their steroid use, 8 weeks on, 8 weeks off and many of them would stay off for long periods and then start using the drugs a few months before the contest. I remember reading an article by Kal Szkalak, where he said he was off the steroids for 14 months from winning the AAU Mr. America in 1976 to the IFBB Mr. Universe in 1977.

Most of what they had back then was dianabol (in the off season), deca-durobolin, primobolan and winstrol. Not too many guys used straight testosterone. That was more for the powerlifters and football players. By the 1980's, the steroid usage was really increasing.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

www.johnhansenfitness.com

www.musclesatthemovies.com

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Natural_O View Post
    I'm not an expert on what the bodybuilders were taking but I grew up the '70's and '80's era of bodybuilding. The only thing that was available back then was steroids. There was no growth hormone or insulin. Most of the guys would cycle their steroid use, 8 weeks on, 8 weeks off and many of them would stay off for long periods and then start using the drugs a few months before the contest. I remember reading an article by Kal Szkalak, where he said he was off the steroids for 14 months from winning the AAU Mr. America in 1976 to the IFBB Mr. Universe in 1977.

Most of what they had back then was dianabol (in the off season), deca-durobolin, primobolan and winstrol. Not too many guys used straight testosterone. That was more for the powerlifters and football players. By the 1980's, the steroid usage was really increasing.
    Thanks for the info dude

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Natural_O View Post

good and accurate information from JOHN....

I would like to add, that , as a rule, people take WHAT IS AVAILABLE AT THE TIME....

it is as pointless to depict old time BBers as relative "saints", as it is to glorify the Mickey Mantles and Willie Mays.....

People always look for an edge, that is part of life.....the DESIRE to gain an edge never changes, but what DOES change, is just what that "edge" currently is......

agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Frank Zane View Post
    I was always a good squatter
    sure thing

agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500) agvares is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Pump Freak 86 View Post
    I think most of those guys at least thought they were building their physiques, in terms of mass, naturally.
    lold hard

trashx will become famous soon enough. (+50) trashx will become famous soon enough. (+50) trashx will become famous soon enough. (+50) trashx will become famous soon enough. (+50) trashx will become famous soon enough. (+50) trashx will become famous soon enough. (+50) trashx will become famous soon enough. (+50) trashx will become famous soon enough. (+50) trashx will become famous soon enough. (+50) trashx will become famous soon enough. (+50) trashx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    tbh alot of what he says seems like strong strong bro science. lifting right gives your muscle a nice shape?