siggi84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to get V-Shaped back?

Hello

I Have been working out now for 1 1/2 year. I´m now making my own workout program, and I need some help. I have seen great resaults on my arms, legs, and chest but I have been in trouble getting great V-Shaped back( I probably need wider back and shoulders, and smaller waist, but I´m not sure what´s the best way to train(How often should I train, how long time?, what exercises, how should I split the workout? how many sets and reps?...). Can anyone help me, please?.

Another thing I whas thinking about was how to train the Abs. Many or few reps? what do you think?

I can work out very much if I have to, I´m just in school and i´m only busy 8:00 AM - 2:00 AM... So I have enough time, both before and after school.

Pleast help me
    Siggi84
    NO PAIN NO GAIN

DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000)

Exclamation This is going to be difficult

What is your entire workout program right now including the days, reps, sets, exercises, rest times between, etc. Tell me that and i will try to help you from there.

Question Re: This is going to be difficult

I have been working out 4 days per week.

Split:

Day 1: chest/triceps
    Day 2: shoulders/abs
    day 3: rest
    day 4: back/biceps
    day 5: rest
    day 6: legs/calves/forarms
    day 7: rest

I do 18-25 sets per day, and 3-4 sets per exercise, and 5-8 reps per set.

With thanks
    Siggi84
    NO PAIN NO GAIN

John Henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How many chins can you do?

Hum.... 10-15 reps
    NO PAIN NO GAIN

Then put a 25 lber on a dip belt untill you can do 10-15.Then add more.

DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Combine John Henry's advice with heavy bent rows and that should get you on your way. Good luck.

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Exercises for Width:
    Lat pull-downs
    Pull-downs with v-bar
    Pull ups
    Chin ups
    Any other vertical pulling exercise

Exercises for thickness:
    Bent over rows
    Cable rows (straight bar or v-bar)
    dumbbell rows
    t-bar rows
    Any other horizontal pulling exercise

I suggest you pick TWO exercises for width and one or two for thickness and do a total of 8-12 sets. Keep the weight heavy and do anywhere from 6-10 reps per set.
    neg reds on sight crew

acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: How to get V-Shaped back?

Originally posted by siggi84
    Hello

I Have been working out now for 1 1/2 year. I´m now making my own workout program, and I need some help. I have seen great resaults on my arms, legs, and chest but I have been in trouble getting great V-Shaped back( I probably need wider back and shoulders, and smaller waist, but I´m not sure what´s the best way to train(How often should I train, how long time?, what exercises, how should I split the workout? how many sets and reps?...). Can anyone help me, please?.

Another thing I whas thinking about was how to train the Abs. Many or few reps? what do you think?

I can work out very much if I have to, I´m just in school and i´m only busy 8:00 AM - 2:00 AM... So I have enough time, both before and after school.

Pleast help me
    Siggi84
    If you want to keep our small waist don't go too heavy on squats or deadlifts as these exercises will increase the thickness of your waist. Do plenty of pullovers that will get your ribcage largening up pretty good. Pull ups are excellent by the way.

Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: How to get V-Shaped back?

Originally posted by acutofcoleman

If you want to keep our small waist don't go too heavy on squats or deadlifts as these exercises will increase the thickness of your waist. Do plenty of pullovers that will get your ribcage largening up pretty good. Pull ups are excellent by the way.
    how can somone not go heavy on these? i mean, do the lower reps really thicken the waist???? what rep range should i use?!
    Kill me You mut. For I will not stop.

acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acutofcoleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes those execises will increase your waist size if you do them heavy continuously, it even says so on this site, if you go to the front page you will see an article called "Dem Bones" check it out. I do 8's and at the end I do a drop set totaling about 16.

Unhappy Re: Re: How to get V-Shaped back?

uhu..... My favorites Exercises
    NO PAIN NO GAIN

I'm not saying don't do them at all I'm saying don't do them too heavy too often. Go heavy on squat and deadlift once every 2-3 weeks.

HighPeak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ya going heavy on those exercises will thicken your waistline up, but really I think its a lot cooler of a look than the V shape. I saw a dude at a store a few weeks back in a football collared shirt. This dude had very little V shape but he was built it was scary, he was wearing at least a size large shirt with arms busting out. I dunno a dude with a V shape doesn't give that same powerful look.

Just my opinion
    Whoever said that bodybuilders aren't athletes has never been a bodybuilder!!!

thing is they're not gonna buy that one at the olympia

Kaz always did,and still does look more intimidating than Arnold.

X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr... X_DS~Grrrr...
    Kaz is a freak. V backs can be very impressive IMO. I also think the massive shoulders powerlifter look is very impressive too.
    "What is good in life Conan?'
    "To crush your enemies, drive them before you and hear the lamentations of the women"

"You son of a b*tch, I'm gonna rip you off my chest, I'm gonna throw you over my head, I don't care how much you weigh." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Make him an offer he don't refuse." - Vito Corleone

brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a small waist, and deadlifts are what gave me my V shape. I am not beast by any means, but I have packed on enough mass on my small frame to give a destinct V shape. So far I have experiences no size increase in my waist. I just wear a belt on anything except for warm ups. In addition military presses will help by widing your shoulders.

once again for the people who did not listen, I'm not saying don't do them, I'm saying don't do them heavy all the time.

Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by brandon194
    I have a small waist, and deadlifts are what gave me my V shape. I am not beast by any means, but I have packed on enough mass on my small frame to give a destinct V shape. So far I have experiences no size increase in my waist. I just wear a belt on anything except for warm ups. In addition military presses will help by widing your shoulders.
    why do u wear a belt??? you should allow your body to build up its own torso belt, which is miuch better than artificial aids
    Kill me You mut. For I will not stop.

Yeti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are doing pull-ups and Deadlifts then with good form and with enough weight then you will develope an awsome back
    Through in some type of row to really fry the thing if you want, try bent rows or dumbell rows but make sure deadlifts and pull-ups are always in your back routine
    "i eat ya children"-Mike Tyson

I agree you shouldn't wear a belt unless you need it, wearing the belt continuously tight can cause prostate problems, which makes sense I spose. I don't know many people who come across this though.

brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000)
    once again for the people who did not listen, I'm not saying don't do them, I'm saying don't do them heavy all the time.
    The more overload, the more growth, it s just that simple.

"why do u wear a belt??? you should allow your body to build up its own torso belt, which is miuch better than artificial aids"

Because I am a powerbuilder I want both strength and appearance. I have decided to keep my waist small by using the belt.

"I agree you shouldn't wear a belt unless you need it, wearing the belt continuously tight can cause prostate problems, which makes sense I spose. I don't know many people who come across this though."

Prostate problems from wearing a belt twice(squats and deadlifts) a week on and off for a total of
    maybe five minutes each day? That is just crazy.

tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: Re: This is going to be difficult

Originally posted by siggi84
    I have been working out 4 days per week.

Split:

Day 1: chest/triceps
    Day 2: shoulders/abs
    day 3: rest
    day 4: back/biceps
    day 5: rest
    day 6: legs/calves/forarms
    day 7: rest

I do 18-25 sets per day, and 3-4 sets per exercise, and 5-8 reps per set.

With thanks
    Siggi84

i dont think you should train shoulders and chest so closely together. chest exercise use the anterior deltoid.
    "I do not agree with a word you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire
    "Always be generous with other people's money."

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brandon194
    [B]

The more overload, the more growth, it s just that simple.

"why do u wear a belt??? you should allow your body to build up its own torso belt, which is miuch better than artificial aids"

Because I am a powerbuilder I want both strength and appearance. I have decided to keep my waist small by using the belt.

"I agree you shouldn't wear a belt unless you need it, wearing the belt continuously tight can cause prostate problems, which makes sense I spose. I don't know many people who come across this though."

I'm a power builder too I thought you wore the belt all the time, sorry. Thing is do the heavy **** for 2 weeks and then the high rep **** for 2 weeks, just to alternate the excercises and the way you do them. Works for me but do what works for you.