egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Natural test boosters great for 40+??

Hey, I have been hearing that test-boosters do not do much for younger folk such as myself, but I was wondering if they would be a good supplement for my Dad. He is 48 and having trouble keeping his energy level up in the gym the last year or so. He has tried NO Xplode and although these types of supplements help, I suggested he look for something more. Could a test booster help out or are they bogus? If you think they are good, please recommend a brand. Thanks.

Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500)
    of course!
    The Legion of Good Samaritans.

Brb cutting till fall

"There is no reason to recommend protein supplements per se because there is no evidence that supplements work better than foods." I am not anti-supplement, but I am anti-nonsense."-unknown

i rape back

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by egotti View Post
    Hey, I have been hearing that test-boosters do not do much for younger folk such as myself, but I was wondering if they would be a good supplement for my Dad. He is 48 and having trouble keeping his energy level up in the gym the last year or so.
    Hard to say without actually knowing what his test level is. He should go to a doc and get a blood test -- Then he'd know if he has a problem with low test. Personally, I don't think most test boosters do much....the few studies that have been done haven't shown them to be all that beneficial.

egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) egotti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    Hard to say without actually knowing what his test level is. He should go to a doc and get a blood test -- Then he'd know if he has a problem with low test. Personally, I don't think most test boosters do much....the few studies that have been done haven't shown them to be all that beneficial.
    I thought as you age testosterone production decreases. He is the type of guy that would refuse to get that kind of thing tested lol, hard headed and... I don't know the adjective to describe it, but he wouldn't lol. Thank you for the serious post, repped (although I dunno if my 3 reps do anything)

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by egotti View Post
    I thought as you age testosterone production decreases. He is the type of guy that would refuse to get that kind of thing tested lol, hard headed and... I don't know the adjective to describe it, but he wouldn't lol. Thank you for the serious post, repped (although I dunno if my 3 reps do anything)
    Testosterone does decrease as you age, but, the amount of decrease varies greatly among individuals. Your dad, at 48, may have lost a lot of test, or, he may have lost virtually none at all. If he doesn't like going to a doctor (completely understandable), you can order a saliva test for about $30 or so. They are actually quite accurate and measure bioavailable testosterone (which consists of free test + weakly bound test).

It couldn't hurt to try a test booster.....most of the studies done have been on eugonadal males (meaning with normal test already), which may be why they haven't shown much benefit. Someone with low test might benefit from them.

Here is a thread where people discuss which test boosters they like best....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=116740221

Thanks a lot man, that is all very appreciated! I will look into the home test and read the thread. Consider this thread now closed.