ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

gelatin/collagen?.....experts?

ok, we all know gelatin and collagen are incomplete proteins(lacking an essential amino acid) with a very low PDCAA's score. my question, is how big of an impact does it make when it is present in a blended protein with all the EAA, as is often found in protein bars. that wouldnt necessarily make the gelatin protein useless, would it? i'm having a helluva time figuring this one out. and i dont want any "protein bars suck" responses. we all know protein bars should be a last resort, but how inferior are the protein blends, in reality.
    The goal of bodybuilding is not to be in competition with others, rather, to be in competition with oneself. We are all dealt a different set of circumstances and the true test of a champion is making the most of the situation you are faced with.

Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000)
    It could make a big differeance so why chance it?
    The only protein bars that do NOT have gelatin/collagen/"hydrolyzed" elephant ass that I've seen are Power Bar Power Plus (explicitly lists all 3 sources of protein)and Real Protein bars,which are obviously collagen free.

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Biotest's GROW! bars are also ****protein-free. So looks like Biotest did somethin right

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sportpharma Promax Bars are collagen free, as are lean body and Designer bars.

All of the above contain only whey or cassien, or soy, and any number of blends.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    actually, take a look at lean body and designer whey bars again
    The goal of bodybuilding is not to be in competition with others, rather, to be in competition with oneself. We are all dealt a different set of circumstances and the true test of a champion is making the most of the situation you are faced with.

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by ntrlmuscle
    actually, take a look at lean body and designer whey bars again
    Here, i just took a look at labrada

What's in it?
    Lean Body Dutch Chocolate Bars:
    290 calories, 30g protein, 6g fat, 17g carbohydrates Ingredients: Lean Pro [Unique Blend Of Proplete (Cross Flow Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate, Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate, Cross Flow Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate Peptides), Milk Protein Isolate, Caseinate], Glycerine, Chocolate Coating (Contains: Turbinado, Sugar, Fractionated Vegetable Oils, Non-Fat Dry Milk, Cocoa, Soy Lecithin, Salt), Cocoa Powder, Maltitol, Honey, Chocolate Creme (Contains: Natural And Dutched Processed Cocoas, Chocolate Liquor, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean And Cottonseed Oil, , Soybean Oil, Lecithin) Natural Flavors, Vitamin & Mineral Blend (Contains: Dicalcium Phosphate, Magesium Oxide, Vitamin A Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Acetate, Niacinamide, Ferrous Fumarate, Zinc Oxide, Pantothenic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Copper Gluconate, Cholecalciferol, Riboflavin, Thiamin Monoitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodine, Cyanocobalamin), Potassium Sorbate.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

i have seen some of the lean body bars with hydrolyzed collagen as an ingredient.....it may vary with the flavor

anyhow, this thread was not meant to find out which bars have collagen or not.......it was meant to see if anyone knew of any protein scores(PDCAA's, PER, NPU, or BV) that have been done on bars.

AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    the designer bars i have say gelatin at the end of the ingredients, it is not part of the "designer protein blend" at the top. could they be counting a couple grams of gelatin as protein? it doesnt say hydrolyzed gelatin, or collagen, or gelatin protein. just gelatin. and is hydrolyzed whey protein a bad source also?
    "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000) Colin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by AimHighUSAF
    the designer bars i have say gelatin at the end of the ingredients, it is not part of the "designer protein blend" at the top. could they be counting a couple grams of gelatin as protein? it doesnt say hydrolyzed gelatin, or collagen, or gelatin protein. just gelatin. and is hydrolyzed whey protein a bad source also?
    Gelatin(when listed at the end of the ingrediants and not anywhere close to the protein breakdowm)is *probably* not counted as any protein but I doubt anyone canm give a 100% definitely right answer on that.
    Yes,hydrolyzed whey is a bad source...any sort of protein that has "hydrolyzed" before it is just collagen.

AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ahhhhhh, bummer.
    "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Colin
    Yes,hydrolyzed whey is a bad source...any sort of protein that has "hydrolyzed" before it is just collagen.
    This is totally incorrect.   Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Concentrate or Isolate is produced when the protein chains are broken down into smaller, more easily digestible components called peptides.
    Hydrolyzed whey protein isolate (WPI) is a highly purified ingredient, hydrolyzed under controlled conditions to obtain unique functional and nutritional properties. The enzymatic hydrolysis process produces protein ingredients designed for nutritional, dietetic and medical foods.
    The only hydrolyzed protein that is collagen is hydrolyzed collagen. Hydrolyzed whey protein isolate is the very fastest absorbed and most completely utilized of all proteins, and is found only in the highest quality and most expensive protein mixes, like Beverly Muscle Provider.

P.S. Met-Rx Protein Plus and ISS Pro 42 bars are also good.

Originally posted by John Benz

This is totally incorrect.   Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Concentrate or Isolate is produced when the protein chains are broken down into smaller, more easily digestible components called peptides.
    Hydrolyzed whey protein isolate (WPI) is a highly purified ingredient, hydrolyzed under controlled conditions to obtain unique functional and nutritional properties. The enzymatic hydrolysis process produces protein ingredients designed for nutritional, dietetic and medical foods.
    The only hydrolyzed protein that is collagen is hydrolyzed collagen. Hydrolyzed whey protein isolate is the very fastest absorbed and most completely utilized of all proteins, and is found only in the highest quality and most expensive protein mixes, like Beverly Muscle Provider.

Thanks for clearing that up,the Real protein ads are a bit misleading then.

wolveroonie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolveroonie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolveroonie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolveroonie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolveroonie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wolveroonie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

"Super Whey Protein Shots"

I just started doing these after my workouts. I can say they do rejuvenate me (not as a placebo). I am concerned about the whole collagen mess, though, the source of which I've read are COW HOOVES! Will I get hoof and mouth disease if I continue to down these?
    LOL
    If the concern is that they are missing an amino then this is something I can live with. I do other protein sources such as egg whites. Lots.
    Originally Posted by John Benz View Post
    This is totally incorrect. **Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Concentrate or Isolate is produced when the protein chains are broken down into smaller, more easily digestible components called peptides.

JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100) JonnyDarko is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ntrlmuscle View Post
    ok, we all know gelatin and collagen are incomplete proteins(lacking an essential amino acid) with a very low PDCAA's score. my question, is how big of an impact does it make when it is present in a blended protein with all the EAA, as is often found in protein bars. that wouldnt necessarily make the gelatin protein useless, would it? i'm having a helluva time figuring this one out. and i dont want any "protein bars suck" responses. we all know protein bars should be a last resort, but how inferior are the protein blends, in reality.
    FYI gelatin IS hydrolised collagen. Incomplete proteins are by no means useless, merely need additional bonds added.
    Gelatin has been one of the better bulking proteins I've taken. Whey is nothing but marketing hype and overdrives all hormonal secretions, a very bad thing.
    Nothing beats egg whites.