...XIII... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First encounter with HIIT

hey guys I had my first encounter with HIIT thismorning and I have no doubt in my mind that I did it properly.

its raining like hell so i decided in doors on the spot would work and goddamn. took about 10 mins stretching and warming up and then proceeded with 1 min of light jogging then 30 seconds of all out sprinting on the spot lifting my knees right up and goin as fast as possible. by god!

I had planned to go for 15 mins(10 intervals) but had to fail at just six intervals because I was so gassed.

basically just wondering if any of you guys had to build up tamina and endurance to be able to do like 20-30 mins of hiit?

or am I that out of shape?

Shittygeneticsomorph BBing_Addict's Avatar
    BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nah mate, 6 mins is good for the first time. The first time i did i only lasted 4 mins, and my legs were so pumped and in pain, took me like 10mins of active recovery to be able to walk properly again... so yea lets just say i was fncked, as i finished the 4mins all i could think was "****, how am i gonna be able to drive home now" lol... it was fun

mauiwaaui will become famous soon enough. (+50) mauiwaaui will become famous soon enough. (+50) mauiwaaui will become famous soon enough. (+50) mauiwaaui will become famous soon enough. (+50) mauiwaaui will become famous soon enough. (+50) mauiwaaui will become famous soon enough. (+50) mauiwaaui will become famous soon enough. (+50) mauiwaaui will become famous soon enough. (+50) mauiwaaui will become famous soon enough. (+50) mauiwaaui will become famous soon enough. (+50) mauiwaaui will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Of course you have to build up brother.
    I started at 6 mins and am now at 22 mins a session and this is ready to puke afterwards type sessions (which they should be if you're doing them right!). Took me two and a half weeks to get to that. Now I am adjusting my "easy" part of the interval to 40 secs and will continue until I get to 30 secs high intensity, 30 secs "easy.

I do mine right now on the stair climber.......30 secs. on level 20, 60 secs on level 7 or 8, etc. for a total of 22 minutes.
    Once I get home for good next week from the Litterbox, I will try these on a killer hill at a park near the house. Sprint the hill , jog down, etc.
    "You will NOT be the bellyflop in my sea of tranquility." (me)

...XIII... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BBing_Addict View Post
    Nah mate, 6 mins is good for the first time. The first time i did i only lasted 4 mins, and my legs were so pumped and in pain, took me like 10mins of active recovery to be able to walk properly again... so yea lets just say i was fncked, as i finished the 4mins all i could think was "****, how am i gonna be able to drive home now" lol... it was fun
    yeh I felt it tooI had to cross the room to open the window which is over my bed, and just lifting my leg to get onto the bed was ****ing hard, felt like i had heavy ankle weights on.

Originally Posted by mauiwaaui View Post
    Of course you have to build up brother.
    I started at 6 mins and am now at 22 mins a session and this is ready to puke afterwards type sessions (which they should be if you're doing them right!). Took me two and a half weeks to get to that. Now I am adjusting my "easy" part of the interval to 40 secs and will continue until I get to 30 secs high intensity, 30 secs "easy.

I do mine right now on the stair climber.......30 secs. on level 20, 60 secs on level 7 or 8, etc. for a total of 22 minutes.
    Once I get home for good next week from the Litterbox, I will try these on a killer hill at a park near the house. Sprint the hill , jog down, etc.
    I've also been doin a bit of interval swimming, basically goin down the pool at full speed, stopping for 30 seconds, then going back up. last tuesday I did 8 intervals, and 10 on thursday. hopefully I'll get up to 12 2morro as I'm aiming for that, and 2morro will probably be my last pool time for a few weeks cause I start work on tuesday this week, but its all good, it's all heavy lifting . My only grimace is that in the pool I get to use every muscle during the intervals, so I'll have to try and get there after work

gonna have to try the hill thing too, theres a stretch of grass just outside my house thats about 200 ft long and in the other direction theres a cycle track and a huge sloping hill so I can alternate my sprints from day to day.
    Last edited by ...XIII...; 06-24-2007 at 06:28 AM.

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ...XIII... View Post

basically just wondering if any of you guys had to build up tamina and endurance to be able to do like 20-30 mins of hiit?

or am I that out of shape?
    No, you're good. If you can do 20-30 minutes of it then you're not doing it right. Even as you progress try to keep it around, or under 10 minutes - just try to pack more work into that same time frame. HIIT should leave you completely wiped out every time.
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503