cosmikgrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The layer of fat that Mask's the muscles

Over the past year and a half i have went from a 33.5% body fat down to just under 22%...however my goal is to get to 18%...my frustration at this point is that i have about another 15 to 20lbs to go....and feel like i have hit a road block....
    i eat good about 6 times a day....

I really want to see the muscles that i have been working hard to build and know they are hiding under a layer of fat.....
    CoSMikGrl

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ok....so whats your question. Diet. Training. More diet. More training! We all gotta do it
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by cosmikgrl View Post
    Over the past year and a half i have went from a 33.5% body fat down to just under 22%...however my goal is to get to 18%...my frustration at this point is that i have about another 15 to 20lbs to go....and feel like i have hit a road block....

I really want to see the muscles that i have been working hard to build and know they are hiding under a layer of fat.....

Going from 33 to 22% is great and I don't want to take that away from you. But I'm going to be honest, it shouldn't have taken you over a year and a half to get to those numbers.

Eating good 6 times a day doesn't mean anything to me. You need to get your calories on point and if you want results, then you need to stay true to your plan.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well here's something to think about...last summer I was 122lbs and 23% bodyfat (hand held reader) and after a 12 week diet/workout plan I went to 16% bf at 117lbs.

Not a HUGE diff in weight as you see but a large diff in body fat.

vhc09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vhc09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you updated your calorie requirement? As you lose weight you require less calories.

alyeska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FitWish View Post
    Well here's something to think about...last summer I was 122lbs and 23% bodyfat (hand held reader) and after a 12 week diet/workout plan I went to 16% bf at 117lbs.

Not a HUGE diff in weight as you see but a large diff in body fat.
    Not to sound foolish but...how did you do that?
    (I have so much to learn!)

I am happy with my weight but I want to lose fat. So I'm looking for a way to do that without dropping lots of pounds.

metro0508 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cosmikgrl View Post

I don't really think you gave us enough information to really answer your question. What's your workout like? Are you just doing cardio? What about weights? What's your diet like? How long have you been on the same training plan? Give us a little more info and then we might be able to help.

hmcarter2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by alyeska View Post

I am happy with my weight but I want to lose fat. So I'm looking for a way to do that without dropping lots of pounds.
    By adding muscle. If you lose fat and add muscle, you will weigh close to the same as before with less body fat and more muscle...make sense? My question is how does one go about getting a body fat test done? My husband did the pinch test on me with one of those pinch thingys (sorry for the terminology lol) and I had a really low body fat percentage (like 16%). I find it hard to believe that test is accurate and I have that low of a body fat even though I am really vascular. I want the real deal test. Where do you get one and how do you get it?? Does anyone on here know?

CollegeGrlFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would also like to know where to get a real BF test done...any recommendations? Gotta get a starting point to work from...
    *** http://CollegeGirlFitness.com

*** Making Fitness and Nutrition Doable in College

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hmcarter2007 View Post
    My question is how does one go about getting a body fat test done? My husband did the pinch test on me with one of those pinch thingys (sorry for the terminology lol) and I had a really low body fat percentage (like 16%). I find it hard to believe that test is accurate and I have that low of a body fat even though I am really vascular. I want the real deal test. Where do you get one and how do you get it?? Does anyone on here know?
    Originally Posted by CollegeGrlFit View Post
    I would also like to know where to get a real BF test done...any recommendations? Gotta get a starting point to work from...
    the methods are in this sticky: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123726731

FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alyeska View Post

I ate 1,600 clean calories per day and lifted the CRAP out of the weights + 20 min High Intensity running 4x per week. the days I didn't run I ate 1,400 calories.