Thread: 24 Hour Gyms

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)

24 Hour Gyms

Due to an increase in job responsibilities and more hours at work, I recently had to stop splitting my cardio ( morning) and weight training (evening) sessions.

What I have done is change my weekday schedule so that I do weights and then cardio two mornings a week in the wee hours before I go back home, take a quick nap, eat, shower and then go to work.

This is possible because my gym is open 24 hours.

Under my old schedule, if something came up where I could not train on my normal Sunday mornings, I always had the option to go in later in the day or even on Sunday night. The gym was open.

I'm finding that I really like training at an odd hour. No waiting for or sharing equipment. No distractions. None of the crowds or pettiness and drama that can occur on weeknights.

The flexibility of being able to train at any time is a big benefit of working out at a gym that is open all hours.

Who else here belongs to a 24 hour gym and trains at odd hours?
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

monstermalibu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a member at anytime fitness which is open 24/7 and I think it's a great place, I also like to be able to workout at different hours, no pressure to change my schedule to get to the gym before it closes is awesome.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The hours of my gym were driving me nuts. I would usually get pushed out the door when they closed on weeknights, cutting my workouts short. It would have been really convenient to train Sunday nights, but tough **** because they close early on Sunday. I was constantly inconvenienced by it.

I'll never go back to a gym that's not 24 hour now that I'm used to the good life. The latest I've left the new gym is 2am () but usually I workout anywhere from 10:30pm to midnight. Like you said, I love not having to deal with the crowds.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm at 24 Hr Fitness . . . I'm pretty consistent with 5am workouts during the week. But there have been times where I have to go at a weird hour, sometimes late at night when a typical gym is closed (or close to closing). So I really like the flexibility, even if I rarely have to resort to off hours training.

Plus . . . there are a ton of them within 20 minutes of my house and work, so I have my choice and can mix it up. And when I travel for work, there is almost always one I can hit.
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by egoatdoor View Post
    I'm finding that I really like training at an odd hour. No waiting for or sharing equipment. No distractions. None of the crowds or pettiness and drama that can occur on weeknights.

The flexibility of being able to train at any time is a big benefit of working out at a gym that is open all hours.

Me! I don't always train at odd hours, but I like being able to do so. Summertime I want to spend outside with my family, nobody wants to get dragged to the gym while mom trains. I also sometimes don't want to get up at the crack of dawn, so lately I have been training late at night. I LOVE the empty gym, only prob is that it is often in disarray from the after work crowd and they don't re-rerack and clean until just before the am rush.

Looking good, btw OP! (No hetero, lol).
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I love it. Work until 10:30pm---get home at 11. Hit up the gym around 1 or 2am after resting. maybe 2 or 3 others there. Do what I want. Superset anything anywhere in the gym. No rush.

After all, don't have to be at work the next day until 2:30 in the afternoon.
    Time To Re-Schedule

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I work nights 2:30 - 11 but often stay late until 1 or 2 am for overtime. One of the gyms I belong to is open 24 hours and it's nice to have the flexibility to be able to train after work if I am unable to train in the afternoon for some reason. Last week I did shoulders at 2 in the morning. There was one other guy in the gym and he left shortly after I got there. Very nice. I also really dig the vibe of training in the middle of the night while the world is asleep.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I also go to 24 hr Fitness. I love the flexibility. I had the option of going to Golds for less money but I don't like the restrictions on my time. I work nights so I usually go before I go in. But on the nights that I have off I usually go in at midnight or so.I

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by egoatdoor View Post

My gym is open 24 hours during the week only. It opens at 5am monday morning and closes Friday night at 11 and I think then its open Sat and Sun until 7pm I believe.

I train at 5:30am Mon-Fri , and Saturday afternoon whenever I get my lazy arse out of the house.

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000) TattooLou is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    My gym is open 24 hours during the week only. It opens at 5am monday morning and closes Friday night at 11 and I think then its open Sat and Sun until 7pm I believe.

I train at 5:30am Mon-Fri , and Saturday afternoon whenever I get my lazy arse out of the house.

-=FLEX=-
    Sounds exactly like my gym. I usually go in the middle of the afternoon so I usually don't have to wait for anything, but if something I need is tied up I move onto something else in the meantime.
    I have been there at 2am and it was real nice, only one other person.

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My gym is open 24/7/365. I don't have to put away plates if I don't want to. I can play what ever music I want, as loud as I want it and can even lift in my skivies if I want. It is great training at home!
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am a member of Toe2toe Fitness and it's also a 24hr fitness center. It is staffed from 9 am to 7 pm Mon-Fri, and 8 am to noon on Saturdays. I like going when it's not staffed. Less people there due to a lot of people with kids go during staffed times so they can put their kids in child care.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I turn on the lights at the top of my stairs and my gym is open. Before I got outfitted I would work out at 3 am in an empty 24hr gym and to be honest is was a little to desolate for me. I really liked it at first and my family liked it because I was home more but it got to be too much. Even if I workout in my basement at 3am I can just get it over with quick.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I trained at a gym with similar hours when I was on vacation. I found the hours completely baffling.

Here's our gym where you can go anytime you want! (except if it's a weekend)
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    Me! I don't always train at odd hours, but I like being able to do so. Summertime I want to spend outside with my family, nobody wants to get dragged to the gym while mom trains. I also sometimes don't want to get up at the crack of dawn, so lately I have been training late at night. I LOVE the empty gym, only prob is that it is often in disarray from the after work crowd and they don't re-rerack and clean until just before the am rush.

Looking good, btw OP! (No hetero, lol).
    My gym is the same way. The overnight crew sits on their behinds all night and then do a half a** clean up just before dawn.

Thanks for the compliment!
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

-=FLEX=-
    Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    I trained at a gym with similar hours when I was on vacation. I found the hours completely baffling.

Here's our gym where you can go anytime you want! (except if it's a weekend)
    Mine actually does close on Friday and Saturday nights. Close at 10 PM Friday, open Saturday 7 AM to 8 PM and then re open Sunday at 7 AM until all the way the next Friday.
    I couldn't see myself training overnight on weekends, so its not a big deal, but I would like to get in earlier on Sundays especially in the summer.

They claim they close those nights because of security issues as there are several bars and clubs nearby. But I also hear they have private parties there on Saturday nights, which I think make them more money than staying open to the public and paying staff with few people working out.

When I lived in Houston, the 24 Hour Fitness was 24/7 365 except for Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving.

RedOwl is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedOwl is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedOwl is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedOwl is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedOwl is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedOwl is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedOwl is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedOwl is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedOwl is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedOwl is on a distinguished road. (+10) RedOwl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    >>>>When I lived in Houston, the 24 Hour Fitness was 24/7 365 except for Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

I still live in Houston and MOST of the 24 hr fitness locations are open 24 hrs. I love the signs on the ones that aren't - "24 Hour Fitness. Hours are..." Ha ha....OK. I'm easily amused.

I get insomnia once or twice a month and love going to the gym at 2 in the morning. For some reason I get great workouts when I can't sleep.
    Last edited by RedOwl; 08-10-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Clearly delineate original text & fix spelling

Injured, but pushing hard chopper1192's Avatar
    chopper1192 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopper1192 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopper1192 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopper1192 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopper1192 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopper1192 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopper1192 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopper1192 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopper1192 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopper1192 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chopper1192 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm lucky as we have a small but very well equipped gym at work which is open 24/7. I tend to work out at home, but sometimes pop in to the work gym at lunchtime if I'm on late shift, or early evening if I've been on days.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I remember back in the day when 24-Hour Fitness was just 10-Hour Fitness

They sure have grown.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000)

Lifetime Fitness

Great gym pool gym etc have 24hour access, works great for me. As a nurse i sometimes work 10 and 1 hour shift, therefore a 24hour gym works perfect for me

djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just joined Anytime Fitness due to moving and I'm loving it! I start my workout at around 4:45am and go for about an hour I just went for my 2nd time today and NO ONE has even touched the free weights besides myself...it's a total win for me.

paul77035 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work a true night shift 6-6am, five or seven nights a week, sometimes go after work nobody in there just a couple stragglers on cardio, and grocery shopping is quiet too!
    Otherwise it's straight after waking up at 2:30pm no explode and go.

icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Way to go bro! Bump a two year old post!!!