Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation Sometimes it is more than just 'slow metabolism'...

I had gained 20 pounds in a 6 month period. My diet was IMPECCIBLE; our workouts intense, yet the weight kept adding on. I was very tired and started getting down about it. I even went so far as to go on a VERY limited calorie diet 800 kcal one day, 1200 kcal the next... and STILL the weight would not budge.

Trip to the physician... he switched my kidney meds (I have chronic renal failure). Get this... I lost 10 pounds in 10 days! I have been eating 'normal' and even had my cheat food of Habenero Doritos twice in that time. (I had been off them for MONTHS!)

I thought I was just getting old, the metabolism was slowing... I was really thinking I would have to live life starving until I die.

Now, I hope to see the other 10 pounds go and I can gain back some of the muscle that I lost from under eating.

Anyway, if you are struggling with your weight to the best of your efforts... get checked out!

/PSA.
    T.H.I.N.K before you speak. Ask yourself, is it TRUE, HELPFUL, INSPIRATIONAL, NECESSARY, and KIND? If not, then just keep it to yourself.

...think about what you write before you hit "Mr. Enter" button. ~Guy Jin 9.11.10 OV35Misc.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KimberleyRN View Post
    I had gained 20 pounds in a 6 month period. My diet was IMPECCIBLE; our workouts intense, yet the weight kept adding on. I was very tired and started getting down about it. I even went so far as to go on a VERY limited calorie diet 800 kcal one day, 1200 kcal the next... and STILL the weight would not budge.

Trip to the physician... he switched my kidney meds (I have chronic renal failure). Get this... I lost 10 pounds in 10 days! I have been eating 'normal' and even had my cheat food of Habenero Doritos twice in that time. (I had been off them for MONTHS!)

I thought I was just getting old, the metabolism was slowing... I was really thinking I would have to live life starving until I die.

Now, I hope to see the other 10 pounds go and I can gain back some of the muscle that I lost from under eating.

Anyway, if you are struggling with your weight to the best of your efforts... get checked out!

/PSA.
    Cool. Glad they caught that.

I gained almost 20 lbs of water weight in about 2.5 weeks from Actos (Diabetic meds) a few years ago. Doctor got a little freaked out because you are risking a heart attack with that kind of water retention. Took me off it that day. Two weeks later, it was gone.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Cool. Glad they caught that.

I gained almost 20 lbs of water weight in about 2.5 weeks from Actos (Diabetic meds) a few years ago. Doctor got a little freaked out because you are risking a heart attack with that kind of water retention. Took me off it that day. Two weeks later, it was gone.
    I am hopeful. I am wearing pants that I have not had on in MONTHS today.
    T.H.I.N.K before you speak. Ask yourself, is it TRUE, HELPFUL, INSPIRATIONAL, NECESSARY, and KIND? If not, then just keep it to yourself.

...think about what you write before you hit "Mr. Enter" button. ~Guy Jin 9.11.10 OV35Misc.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am hopeful. I am wearing pants that I have not had on in MONTHS today.

THAT is the best part (wearing smaller clothes). We (my wife and I) have donated 7 full size garbage bags of great clothes to Goodwill. They were huge clothes, but in great shape.

Fat guy in a little coat. jdmt37's Avatar
    jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Glad they got that under control.
    "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just keep in mind that it's very likely 90% of that 10lbs in a 10 day period was water. But yeah, it's a great start. I was taking some NSAID meds just a few weeks ago, at the same time I was ramping up cardio....and my weight kept rising, along with non-stop hunger. I Googled the med and sure enough, causes increase in appetite and weight gain. I dumped 4lbs within 48hrs of ceasing to use it.

Not trying to be discouraging, just trying to buffer any expectations you might have as to losing a similar amount in a similar time frame from here. Still, no doubt that you were burning off fat during that time period prior, and that it revealed itself after you shed the excess water.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

/PSA.
    Great find!!!! I often wonder how many in the over 35 sect actually get checked out b4 starting a program?? Meds can counteract all kinds of progress and the supps can conflict with meds.

very true DBX... I know this is water weight I am losing. I do not have a lot of expectations, I just am relieved to know that it was not all about my slowing metabolism.

20 pounds may not seem like a lot to some folks, but seeing 148 on the scale was very disheartening to me and made me frustrated.

At least now, I can know that it was not all 'my fault'.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At least now, I can know that it was not all 'my fault'.
    LOL, I hear you loud and clear! I felt the same way after I found the info. I was starting to get really pissed about it. I literally was on the scale one morning and said, "This is bull$hit!" and went straight down to my PC and googled the med . It was simply a factor I'd forgotten about. Was taking it after minor surgery to reduce inflammation.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    LOL, I hear you loud and clear! I felt the same way after I found the info. I was starting to get really pissed about it. I literally was on the scale one morning and said, "This is bull$hit!" and went straight down to my PC and googled the med . It was simply a factor I'd forgotten about. Was taking it after minor surgery to reduce inflammation.
    They do not tell us about those side effects and they should.

I am interested in a metabolism 'booster' but, have been using cinnamon and upping the cardio a bit, plus eating every 3-4 hours in small 200-300 kcal increments. I am hoping to get back on track. I still want to look better at 50 than I did at 30. I only have 3.5 years to accomplish this. (I looked pretty good at 30).

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I take a med that causes metabolic resistance and insulin sensitivity. The keto diet helped me lose 35 pounds. Yeah...meds can do that.

EDIT: I meant metabolic syndrome...whoops!
    Last edited by redheadlaw7; 07-07-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Originally Posted by redheadlaw7 View Post
    I take a med that causes metabolic resistance and insulin sensitivity. The keto diet helped me lose 35 pounds. Yeah...meds can do that.
    I wish I could do Keto. With my CRF I am not really supposed to.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wish I could do Keto. With my CRF I am not really supposed to.
    maybe paleo would be better for you.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    maybe paleo would be better for you.
    I will have to research it. I have to be careful about spilling ketones, my kidneys can not tolerate it.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    They do not tell us about those side effects and they should.

I am interested in a metabolism 'booster' but, have been using cinnamon and upping the cardio a bit, plus eating every 3-4 hours in small 200-300 kcal increments. I am hoping to get back on track. I still want to look better at 50 than I did at 30. I only have 3.5 years to accomplish this. (I looked pretty good at 30).
    The best metabolic booster is more muscle and proper food intake. Cardio does not affect your metabolism. It may however make you hungry and thus think it does. I'd go up to maintenance cals for a couple of weeks since you have been dieting for awhile. Then bring the cals down.

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Thumbs up

Glad you got yourself squared away Kim!
    Was friends with Methuselah

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    The best metabolic booster is more muscle and proper food intake. Cardio does not affect your metabolism.
    Say what?

First, the fact that your body will burn more cals if it has more LBM is technically true, but it's also a myth, in that the amount of cals burned is negligible. This is commonly misunderstood, and is almost akin to suggesting someone eat celery because it has negative calories. Also, eating multiple meals (5-8) per day does not affect your total BMR in a 24hr period, as many believe it does. Another BBing myth.

I'm not even sure how to respond to the second, emboldened sentence . Since metabolic rate is basically the rate or speed at which your body burns calories, cardio is damn sure a metabolism booster, as well as weight lifting is.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Say what?

First, the fact that your body will burn more cals if it has more LBM is technically true, but it's also a myth, in that the amount of cals burned is negligible. This is commonly misunderstood, and is almost akin to suggesting someone eat celery because it has negative calories. Also, eating multiple meals (5-8) per day does not affect your total BMR in a 24hr period, as many believe it does. Another BBing myth.

I'm not even sure how to respond to the second, emboldened sentence . Since metabolic rate is basically the rate or speed at which your body burns calories, cardio is damn sure a metabolism booster, as well as weight lifting is.
    I think we have a semantic thing going on here. There's burning calories during exercise (temporary metabolic boost) and there's burning more calories when not exercising (what I by default refer to as increasing/boosting metabolism). Yep. Muscle gains only get you a bit of the later. The best results come with newbie gains. Proper food intake can do much more (looking at dieting for months without breaks and very low cal diets). Cardio and weight lifting both get you the former.

It's diet, then lifting, then cardio. I cringe at the idea of bumping up cardio for fat loss when diet isn't straight or manipulated properly.

I think we have a semantic thing going on here. There's burning calories during exercise (temporary metabolic boost) and there's burning more calories when not exercising (what I by default refer to as increasing/boosting metabolism). Yep. Muscle gains only get you a bit of the later. The best results come with newbie gains. Proper food intake can do much more (looking at dieting for months without breaks and very low cal diets). Cardio and weight lifting both get you the former.
    LOL OK. Yes, but the former is also a faster path to weight loss than diet alone (but always best in conjunction, of course), and that was part of my point. Obviously, only if diet is controlled as well. But to say cardio doesn't increase metabolism is just...crazy, not matter which way you regard it .

I cringe at the idea of bumping up cardio for fat loss when diet isn't straight or manipulated properly.
    I don't think anyone would argue with that comment .

But to say cardio doesn't increase metabolism is just...crazy, not matter which way you regard it .
    Maybe it's from hanging out in the female forum where complaints about not losing weight while doing cardio aplenty abound

Most also refer to calories burned when talking about cardio. Which is better in my mind. The whole metabolic thing gets misconstrued as there's short term and long term. Tell someone they get an increase in their metabolism and they're thinking long term. Well after they leave the gym.

BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by redheadlaw7 View Post

EDIT: I meant metabolic syndrome...whoops!
    do you mean insulin insensitivity?
    "The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work."-T. Edison-

"Governments should also decrease the role of economists - they're no more reliable than astrologers, and they do more damage."-N. Taleb-

"A fundamental characteristic of our economy is that the financial system swings between robustness and fragility, and these swings are an integral part of the process that generates business cycles."-H. Minsky-

It's diet, then lifting, then cardio. I cringe at the idea of bumping up cardio for fat loss when diet isn't straight or manipulated properly.
    I agree completely!

I

Go to my gym (or any gym). This IS the popular school of thought. Treadmill for a while, eat like a pig. Hell, I tried it for years. Took me longer than the average person to finally "get it."

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

^^This^^

In the Female forum, its a constant battle cry that newbies really need to focus on lifting and their diet versus the cardio bunny thing. They just run their ability to build muscle right into the ground.

Sorry Kim, off topic, but here was a good article on this subject (cardio and fat loss) on Lyle's site today that I saw on a "too much cardio?" thread

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wow glad you figured it out!
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dungeonmistress View Post
    wow glad you figured it out!
    Same here!

Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    ^^This^^

In the Female forum, its a constant battle cry that newbies really need to focus on lifting and their diet versus the cardio bunny thing. They just run their ability to build muscle right into the ground.

Sorry Kim, off topic, but here was a good article on this subject (cardio and fat loss) on Lyle's site today that I saw on a "too much cardio?" thread

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    No worries, I am grateful for you link... THANKS!

rojamay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rojamay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rojamay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rojamay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rojamay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rojamay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rojamay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rojamay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rojamay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rojamay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rojamay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I always joked about my metabolism being slow, but recently I had to go on thyroid meds. Glad I got it checked out. Guess we'll wait and see if it has any effect.

kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000) kennylo is just really nice. (+1000)

/PSA.
    is nice to hear good new glad u got it worked out

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

/PSA.

you know i AM struggling but not sure i bottomed out my own metabolic rate (never had a good one from dieting since i was 11, eating disorder etc.). the amount i eat v. all the working out i do doesn't equate in my mind for how crappy i'm looking. i don't feel sick or tired or anything. i just fitday'd my daily calories and i'm barely breaking 800. the weight won't budge. yet a year ago i upassed my eating and was doing very low carb, moderate fat and high protein. energy thru the roof, dropping weight. then for some weird reason, it just stopped and reversed itself. this is what happens to me each and every damn time i get around 120 lbs. my body HATES it.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501