Bobcat75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whats a good size and strength fo a Tight End

OK i want to play tight end for my team next year but my coach told me i need to get bigger and stronger. right now im 6'4 195lb, I bench 225lbs, power clean 205lbs,and dead lift 335lbs. Also right now i run a 4.69 in the 40 is that a fast enough time for a tight end. So I need to know what i should be at size strength, and speed

frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sup, well you got GREAT speed for a tight end. What's your squat? You also need to be strong because tight end's also block. You have great height but you probably need to bulk up to about 220-240 right now.

I squat about 315lbs. Blocking is not rely a problem because last year i started at OT on varcity. since i wasnt strong i had to be meaner and have great technique. But hopin next season i can be stronger also.

frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What grade are you in and how big is your high school? (A, AA, AAA, AAAA, etc.)

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    oh great...another one of these "how big should I be?" threads

no one can tell you how big you should be....no one here knows what type of offense your team runs, what level of competiton you play against, or even if your frame can handle any extra weight.

That said, you're speed and height are fine, if you're wanting to play college ball at the same position you're going to need to add between 30 - 60lbs and retain at least a 4.8 time.
    Last edited by Jhawk Fitness; 03-13-2005 at 05:43 PM.
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runjumpthrow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree with J-Hawk.

There is no "perfect" size for a TE. With that being said, I would love to get a 6-3, 250 lbs junior transfer for this next season who can run a 4.6 forty, VJ 35", and have the attitude to match those stats!

If you are a high school athlete, don't worry about your weight. Right now, be focused on getting stronger and increasing lean body mass and not just "scale" weight. The stronger and leaner you are, the faster you will run and the higher you will jump.

For the person who wanted know what grade im in and school class. Im a sophmore and my school is 4A in florida.

BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGPHILL1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I played TE in HS at 240 and 6-3. However, what scouts would want is speed rather than strength at TE. I am the type of Eric Winston type of frame( starting LT for Miami) and I could gain muscle and strength much easier than speed. It seems you are the opposite. I would just focus on being really athletic and have good hands. Your speed is decent, but I see TE's in college who run that at 230 pounds. Just eat lean, and bust your ass in the weight room. Your weight might come slow but it will be good since you are probably going to be a receiving TE.
    eat right
    train right
    Do It Right

JH83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JH83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JH83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JH83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JH83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JH83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JH83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JH83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bobcat75
    I squat about 315lbs. Blocking is not rely a problem because last year i started at OT on varcity. since i wasnt strong i had to be meaner and have great technique. But hopin next season i can be stronger also.
    how could you be too small for TE but you were the starting OT last year? I think you are a graet size and speed to be a TE. How good are your hands cuz that matters a whole lot.

Originally Posted by JH83
    how could you be too small for TE but you were the starting OT last year? I think you are a graet size and speed to be a TE. How good are your hands cuz that matters a whole lot.
    Last year are JV line was biger than our varcity. But this upcoming season they are all moving up so i lost the spot and the person im cometing with for the TE spot is about 45lbs heavyer than me. But not as strong. My hand are good. the other kids are beter though. My coach just get biger and stronger and i'll probably have the spot.