TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help, how to eat..

It's not a difficult question and the typical results from these forums are obvious; 'Lean meats, oats and veggies". BAM! Done.

Not quite.

The reality of my career makes such a simple question somewhat difficult to answer. I travel constantly for work (upwards of 20-25 days a month), as such virtually everything I eat is ordered out from a restaurant of some kind. This in it self wouldn't be so terrible until you add on the usual 15 hours a day I work while traveling. In most cases it is simply not possible to leave to get food and come back; etc, etc.

After some research I have decided to give Intermittent Fasting (under the guise of the 'Warrior Diet') a go. The basic principle of eating mostly raw during the day and a satisfying meal at night fits in with my schedule. This is a departure from the tried and tested method of eating every 3 hours. It's simply not possible for me anymore..

Enter the dilemma, be it as I spend the majority of my time on site/in a hotel room I don't have means to cook with. Quite lucky to have a microwave most of the time.. As such, food is somewhat difficult to devise.

I don't want to rely on protein shakes/bars as my main food staple. It's really not healthy and I don't care to be ****ting constantly.

The Problem: What to eat during the day?

Raw veggies of course! Simple enough, but I spent the vast majority of my life avoiding raw vegetables, or veggies of any cooked nature. I am at this point willing to try any veggies recommended. I do enjoy raw broccoli with hummus which is fantastic, but the burps can be lethal..

So my question to you out there, how do you eat your veggies (raw)? What do you like and how do you like to put them together? Do you dress them up and if so, how?

For my purposes, there can be no cooking involved and should be easy enough to throw in a container to eat. Also, nothing frozen.

The only other problem I face is exercising, which I will attempt to do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach or at most a protein shake and lifting (where possible, most hotels are quite lack luster for gyms..) at night. The lifting may have to happen after eating, versus prior to the main meal as recommended by IF/WD.

Thanks for the input.

RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobOH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, with a job it is not always easy for me to get in meals. I have learned to include snacks like unsalted almonds, low fat cheese, natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread, fruit, veggies, beef jerky, and I'll take two days a week to cook chicken breasts, oatmeal, etc and take them with me for snacks. As far as veggies, I love red and green peppers, cucumber, and broc. Not always fun to eat them raw but I can stomach it.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Excuses.

If you want it to happen, you'll make it happen.

I travel for work all the time. Hotels and restaurants are easy once you decide you are going to order what you want, not what is on the menu.

Breakfast.... Every place I've ever been has eggs... an omelet...boiled...scrambled...skip all the other crap that comes with it. Add a banana and/or apple.. coffee...done.

Snack....apple or banana..that you brought with you from breakfast.

Lunch.... Whole wheat sandwich...no chips...no fries...no trash...and that's what I'll tell the waitress too.

Snack....see above.... or how about a protein bar? You carry some of those, right?

Dinner....what restaurant doesn't have steak or chicken with a dark green veggie? Typical for me would be to order a steak and a side of broccoli...skip EVERYTHING else....even if it costs the same. I will tell waitresses that too.... "If you need to call it a #5, then before bringing it to me stop by the garbage can and throw away everything but the steak and veggies. I don't want to see it on my plate."

Once you get used to ordering what you want and ignoring the menu... It's easy and very rarely a problem.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^ I agree he can make it happen why can't u?
    1k+ 100% of the time

TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    [..]
    While I can appreciate that you also travel for work, don't automatically assume we are in the same situation.

As I stated, I quite literally work 15 hours or more on average. In the case of this last trip, we quite literally worked 40 hours over the course of two days. In my profession, there is no simply leaving at noon to grab a bite to eat and in the case of data centers, no food is allowed.

And while most hotels do have a breakfast bar, most are complete garbage. I've seen eggs made from powered egg, or cooked with so much butter thats mostly all you can taste. Fruit is hit or miss. Not all hotels are created equal.

In the typical day, there is limited chance for food. Once that day is over its dinner and that's it.

It is my intention to switch to a mostly raw diet with a meal at the end of the day. That's what works best with my common schedule.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TanTheMan View Post

.......In the case of this last trip, we quite literally worked 40 hours over the course of two days.....no food is allowed....

.........Once that day is over its dinner and that's it......

It is my intention to switch to a mostly raw diet with a meal at the end of the day. That's what works best with my common schedule.
    I would suggest Myoplex meal substitutes then.... Raw veggies are going to get old real quick.

Celery, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, cabbage...its all good... but after a day or two, I can't stand the stuff.

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you looking to build muscle or loss some fat? What are your stats?
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.