Thread: Free weights?

Zotud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Free weights?

Hey all,

I'll be going back to university in a few weeks, and the gym there is very small since it was built when there were far fewer students. I was wondering how effectivly I could continue to lift using only free weights (i.e. dumbell + barbell)?

Opinions / advice?

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very effectively, i hardly ever use machines.
    Peace

Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yep very effectively, also a preachers bench probably be nice or T-Bars if they dont have them

Bulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what more do you need ???

The MYTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    free weights own you!!!

billwillit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

Free weights are all you need, no matter how much there really are, a bar and a couple of bells are the basics to all, machines are overrated, free weights dominate the scene, there is not one bodybuilder who ever lived that strayed from basic free weights and just works with machines, or atleast not that i have ever tooken notice to.

GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I say free-weights are way much more better than machines, you have more options of doing different exercises....
    And there's no limit in weight on the free weights, unlike smith machines...
    ...Loved by many, hated by few...

Zotud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the response guys - free weights it is

BigLiTTlEJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    all ever use is free wieghts....what is a machine??

J/K but i really think they can't compare to free wieghts
    the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exsist
    --------------------------------------------
    If your giong to lift like a man eat like a man -Br
    ---------------------------------------------
    I came i saw i was humbl'ed

TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TshirtMan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    C'mon everybody - - FREE WEIGHTS... FREE WEIGHTS... FREE WEIGHTS...

Seriously though that's some of the best advice I got was to stick to free weights. Trust me - if you want to gain strength/mass it's a blessing in disguise that your school doesn't have machines.
    Make time to eat!

poohouze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Free weights VS Bench Bar

Originally Posted by TshirtMan View Post
    C'mon everybody - - FREE WEIGHTS... FREE WEIGHTS... FREE WEIGHTS...

Seriously though that's some of the best advice I got was to stick to free weights. Trust me - if you want to gain strength/mass it's a blessing in disguise that your school doesn't have machines.

I agree I am a free weight Junkie, but i recently started to hit the gym up again. On chest days (my fav) i usually start off Incline bench, incline dumbell, flat bench bar, flat bench dumbell. Now my questions is im not really a fan of flat bench (bar) for sume reason it has got boring and not really feeling not pump when i do the excersie. I feel weak when approach the sets on the bench bar. But when i do free wieghts i can do more heavier wieghts. Hsould i drop the flatbench bar and just stick with dumbell flat bench. just add 2 more sets to accomadate the loss of the flat bench bar......

Thanks

jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgrube will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    what more do you need ???
    this.