LAclippers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

i give up with bench press

this is seriously the most annoying thing i've ever had to deal with.

my bench press never increases! i try all sorts of ways to get it to go up but it never does.

i'm 5'10, 185 lbs. i deadlift 335 X 2 and squat 295 X4, yet i freakin bench press 165 for 2 struggling reps! what's wrong with me? my diet is in check and im sleeping 7-8 hours. i do my sets as: 95X6 , 135X4, 155X4, 165X2, and finally 135X10.

i *try* to increase the weight but I can never lift it up. i give up

StefanDozier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StefanDozier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StefanDozier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StefanDozier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StefanDozier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StefanDozier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StefanDozier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StefanDozier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StefanDozier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StefanDozier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StefanDozier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    how many cals you getting in a day?
    http://soundcloud.com/doctadoz

ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ahsballa_81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lay off of it for a while...do db bench press, or some other chest exercises... and u may also need to work ur shoulder/tri's/lats better, since those are other muscles involved in benching...

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try varying your sets and reps. If you're doing 3 x 10, for example, try switching to 4 x 6. Also, work on other exercises, like dumbbell bench, incline bench, dips, flys, etc. Benching uses mostly pecs and triceps, but also shoulders and some lats. Strong support muscles will help core lifts like bench.

LAclippers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by StefanDozier
    how many cals you getting in a day?
    i am cutting now so i'm getting 2500-ish in.

Originally Posted by ahsballa_81
    lay off of it for a while...do db bench press, or some other chest exercises... and u may also need to work ur shoulder/tri's/lats better, since those are other muscles involved in benching...
    yea, thats the thing, im making gains (albeit minimal) in those areas

FlexrRtTn8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    seems like you may be doing to many reps. Find your one rep max and work around it.Say your max now is around 170-175. Subtract 20 lbs and work on a rep system (12.8.6) or (5.5.5). And every 2 months or so max out. in the mean time warn up with 50 or 60% of your 165 with only a few reps then hit 165 and see how many more times your can do it. hope this helps any

Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Johnny2Swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    U need to work your tri's more

Skeetking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skeetking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skeetking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skeetking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skeetking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skeetking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skeetking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skeetking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skeetking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skeetking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skeetking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    go get the book beyond brawn it will be the best investment you ever make in your bodybuilding life
    Chest: 41"
    Waist: 30"
    Shoulders: 47"
    Arms: 14"
    Quads: 24"

Max Squat: 350 Max Deadlift: 365 Max Bench: 215

shab4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LAclippers
    this is seriously the most annoying thing i've ever had to deal with.

my bench press never increases! i try all sorts of ways to get it to go up but it never does.

i'm 5'10, 185 lbs. i deadlift 335 X 2 and squat 295 X4, yet i freakin bench press 165 for 2 struggling reps! what's wrong with me? my diet is in check and im sleeping 7-8 hours. i do my sets as: 95X6 , 135X4, 155X4, 165X2, and finally 135X10.

i *try* to increase the weight but I can never lift it up. i give up
    Your reps dont seem right to me. Lower the weight, check your technique. Start off with 95lbs for 8 reps, 115lbs x2 sets for 8 reps again (more then 6), then 135lbs x 5-8 reps. If you cant do this then lower the weight but keep the sets and reps around there. I also recommend dumbell benchpress. I stoped barbell benchpress for 2-3 months easy and came back to it after going from 60lb dumbells to 95lb dumbells and my benchpress is now going up like crazy. 2 plates is nothing. Your chest needs to get use to the heavy weight along with your arms. Keep in mind that deltoids and lats help with your benchpress also. Theres something called shock something you add crazy amount of weight on the bar and do like 10 reps but lower it only a few inches. It works.

Keep it up... youll get there.
    Stats:

Height: 5"10
    Weight: 187lbs
    Bicep - 15.4inches
    Chest - 49 inch

Bench - 1rM = 245lbs
    Squat - 1rM = 315lbs
    Deadlift - 1rM = 315lbs (goal was 3 plates and got there)

total = 815 (goal for next christmas is 1100)

No pain, no gain

ill Rich has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    seems like u do too much

keep it simple

6-8 reps

4 sets

try and use the most u can rep

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    My BB bench press pleauted so I switched over to DBs for 4-5 weeks. I started out using 65lb DBs and now I am using 80s. I went back to BB bench press and it went up a lot. Sometimes you just need to hit the muscle differently to get results.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

AD!$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AD!$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AD!$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AD!$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AD!$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AD!$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AD!$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AD!$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AD!$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AD!$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AD!$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well if your cutting it's gona be hard to get the weight up but when you start bulking try this: flat bench set 1 20 reps, set 2 10 reps, set 3 5reps, set 4 3 reps, set 5 1 rep, do last set twice. alwasy put the weight up so that on the 2nd set you fail at ten and 3rd at 5 so on. Its from the encycolopedia. worked very good from me.

Underground Lifter KempsterZero's Avatar
    KempsterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KempsterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KempsterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KempsterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KempsterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KempsterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KempsterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KempsterZero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking ask here

Can't Never Did Anything

There are costs and risks to a program of action, but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.
    ~John F. Kennedy

Do or do not. There is no try.
    ~Yoda

TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheUntouchable is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i have found out that lifting weights also involves ur mind. try getting focused before benching, visualize urself lifting the desired weight. concentrate and u will do it. i know i sound philisophical but just give it a try. mind over matter.