l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ever since I started working out, my back has been feeling stiffer.

I've been working out for about 2 months now, I'm 15, and I have slight scoliosis but my doctor said it's not a big deal if I lift weights, as long as I be careful.

Everytime I work out, I feel like my posture improves. I'll come home and see myself walking straighter than usual, since I usually slouch with my curved spine.

But occasionally, my back stiffens up and I have to crack it. I hope I'm not stunting my growth by twisting my spine, or cocking my back back on my chair to crack it. I'm just curious as to why my back has been stiffening up ever since I started working out. I hope I'm not doing something wrong. I don't really deadlift or squat, not much weight goes on my back.

Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol, i do this all the time.
    "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

-Rocky Balboa

l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just think it's weird that once I started working out, my back is stiffening up a lot more.

Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    maybe you should try stretching it out after you lift? i'm not sure though. my legs were feeling stiff and i started stretching them and i feel better.
    "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

-Rocky Balboa

Is weight lifting supposed to fix your posture? I think that may be why it stiffens up, because I've been slouching my whole life... lol

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by l3ulls3y3 View Post
    I just think it's weird that once I started working out, my back is stiffening up a lot more.
    because you are working out and the muscles will get stiff and sore sometimes. cracking your back does not seem to me to be a muscular problem though. if it bothers you or you just want to be safe visit the doc and reevaluate any potential problem your scoliosis might cause. like you said though your posture is getting better so you may just need to give your body time to adjust

Real World Boxing Advice djartek's Avatar
    djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by l3ulls3y3 View Post
    I've been working out for about 2 months now, I'm 15, and I have slight scoliosis but my doctor said it's not a big deal if I lift weights, as long as I be careful.

Everytime I work out, I feel like my posture improves. I'll come home and see myself walking straighter than usual, since I usually slouch with my curved spine.

But occasionally, my back stiffens up and I have to crack it. I hope I'm not stunting my growth by twisting my spine, or cocking my back back on my chair to crack it. I'm just curious as to why my back has been stiffening up ever since I started working out. I hope I'm not doing something wrong. I don't really deadlift or squat, not much weight goes on my back.
    Basically your are starting to lose some of you flexibility and or mobility!
    Now read this thread and your prayers will be answered: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?p=466956291
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing
    I'll answer your boxing and combat questions. Just PM me
    "Patience, persistence, determination, and an unstoppable drive to be better than yesterday."