Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

been stuck at 145 lb for a month now.. please advise!

I'm not counting calories as I'm just eyeballing all my meals. I eat four whole meals a day around 20-25g of protein, I know that much. Plus I have two protein shakes with 24g of protein each. Here's a breakdown of my diet:

Meal #1 (breakfast) - 1 whole egg, 4 egg whites scrambled with broccoli, and bowl of oatmeal

Meal #2 - First shake down the hatch!

Meal #3 - If I'm at school Subway foot long turkey sandwich with no cheese or mayo OR turkey patty with brown rice and asparagus

Meal #4 - turkey patty/brown rice/asparagus (I make these in bulk and store them in Tupperware)

Meal #5 - Second shake down the hatch!

Meal #6 (last meal) - This meal varies the most, sometimes its a ham sandwich on whole wheat and a slice of cheese/avocado OR a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat with a banana/almonds/soy milk (basically a large snack)

I wish I could just breath in calories. Is there something I could eat throughout the entire day between meals to add calories aside from shakes? I'm not taking any other supplements besides fish oil, multi-vit, whey, and a stash of free samples.

All advice appreciated!!

Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000) Chadillac2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Barkwood View Post
    I'm not counting calories as I'm just eyeballing all my meals. I eat four whole meals a day around 20-25g of protein, I know that much. Plus I have two protein shakes with 24g of protein each. Here's a breakdown of my diet:

Meal #1 (breakfast) - 1 whole egg, 4 egg whites scrambled with broccoli, and bowl of oatmeal

Meal #2 - First shake down the hatch!

Meal #3 - If I'm at school Subway foot long turkey sandwich with no cheese or mayo OR turkey patty with brown rice and asparagus

Meal #4 - turkey patty/brown rice/asparagus (I make these in bulk and store them in Tupperware)

Meal #5 - Second shake down the hatch!

Meal #6 (last meal) - This meal varies the most, sometimes its a ham sandwich on whole wheat and a slice of cheese/avocado OR a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat with a banana/almonds/soy milk (basically a large snack)

I wish I could just breath in calories. Is there something I could eat throughout the entire day between meals to add calories aside from shakes? I'm not taking any other supplements besides fish oil, multi-vit, whey, and a stash of free samples.

All advice appreciated!!
    Ditch the egg whites for whole eggs, throw peanut butter in your oats, get cheese on mayo on your sandwiches. Just keep adding things in to your diet, and keep your protein intake up until you start growing.
    Check out my Ice Cream Review Blog: www.theicecreaminformant.com (Twitter: @CreamInformant)
    or my Fast Food/Takeout Review Blog: www.thefastfoodinformant.com (Twitter: @FFInformant)
    Come join the Ice Cream Discussion at ICI Forum! http://theicecreaminformant.freeforums.net/

WHOLE PINT KILL CREW

TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Stop eating like a bich, seriously, 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites? Wtf?
    Subway sandwich with no cheese?
    If you really want to gain weight then eat like someone who does.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    [QUOTE=Barkwood;478758151]I'm not counting calories as I'm just eyeballing all my meals. I eat four whole meals a day around 20-25g of protein, I know that much. Plus I have two protein shakes with 24g of protein each. Here's a breakdown of my diet:

Meal #1 (breakfast) - 4 whole eggs,scrambled with broccoli and cheese, and bowl of oatmeal

Meal #2 - First shake down the hatch!+ PB

Meal #3 - If I'm at school Subway foot long turkey sandwich with oil and veggies, milk

Meal #4 - turkey patty/brown rice/asparagus (I make these in bulk and store them in Tupperware), milk

Meal #5 - Second shake down the hatch + PB

Meal #6 (last meal) - This meal varies the most, sometimes its a ham sandwich on whole wheat and a slice of cheese/avocado OR a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat with a banana/almonds/soy milk (basically a large snack) + Cottage cheese
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Barkwood has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Chadillac2000 View Post
    Ditch the egg whites for whole eggs, throw peanut butter in your oats, get cheese on mayo on your sandwiches. Just keep adding things in to your diet, and keep your protein intake up until you start growing.
    Egg whites so my cholesterol doesn't spike. You've got a valid point though, I shouldn't be SO careful.

Originally Posted by mmbenani View Post
    Stop eating like a bich, seriously, 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites? Wtf?
    Subway sandwich with no cheese?
    If you really want to gain weight then eat like someone who does.
    Aww don't hurt my feelings!

biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Diet doesn't look bad, but if it's constant your body just gets used to it and won't grow. You're gonna have to add more calories to your meals. Have more brown rice or oats with each meal than you currently do, i like throwin in some almonds with my meals as well. If you're still havin trouble then you should really consider replacing some of your protein shakes with weight gain shakes. Real Gains by universal nutrition is a great product. By replacing a normal protein shake with one of these you will add 500 Cal. per shake right there. Replace two of your daily protein shakes with the weight gainer and you will def. see some gains in size (Assuming your workout routine is in check as well).

[QUOTE=determined4000;478761731]

Meal #1 (breakfast) - 4 whole eggs,scrambled with broccoli and cheese, and bowl of oatmeal

Meal #2 - First shake down the hatch!+ PB

Meal #3 - If I'm at school Subway foot long turkey sandwich with oil and veggies, milk

Meal #4 - turkey patty/brown rice/asparagus (I make these in bulk and store them in Tupperware), milk

Meal #5 - Second shake down the hatch + PB

Meal #6 (last meal) - This meal varies the most, sometimes its a ham sandwich on whole wheat and a slice of cheese/avocado OR a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat with a banana/almonds/soy milk (basically a large snack) + Cottage cheese
    I don't own a blender.. yet. I'm afraid to buy one because my roommates will most likely break it (like they did to my xbox 360, ps2, magic bullet) but once I do I'll make a weight gainer. But for now, I guess I could try add some creamy PB into my blender bottle.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    [QUOTE=Barkwood;478764381]
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post

I don't own a blender.. yet. I'm afraid to buy one because my roommates will most likely break it (like they did to my xbox 360, ps2, magic bullet) but once I do I'll make a weight gainer. But for now, I guess I could try add some creamy PB into my blender bottle.
    try some dried fruit, nuts, and granola
    1c is 450-500 calories
    carry a couple cups around in your pocket all day and munch
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by biglen18 View Post
    Diet doesn't look bad, but if it's constant your body just gets used to it and won't grow. You're gonna have to add more calories to your meals. Have more brown rice or oats with each meal than you currently do, i like throwin in some almonds with my meals as well. If you're still havin trouble then you should really consider replacing some of your protein shakes with weight gain shakes. Real Gains by universal nutrition is a great product. By replacing a normal protein shake with one of these you will add 500 Cal. per shake right there. Replace two of your daily protein shakes with the weight gainer and you will def. see some gains in size (Assuming your workout routine is in check as well).
    In terms of weight gainers, how do you discern whether the carbs or "fillers" as some say, are good ones or bad? I drink Myofusion (banana perfection) and just recently read about there Real Mass (weight gainer). I just don't have the luxury of making my own atm.

VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Meal #1 (breakfast) - 1 whole egg, 4 egg whites scrambled with broccoli, and bowl of oatmeal + 1 cup of whole milk

Meal #2 - First shake down the hatch! with whole milk

Meal #3 - If I'm at school Subway foot long turkey sandwich [B]with olive oil[B]

Meal #5 - Second shake down the hatch! with whole milk

Adding calories is pretty simple really. Add some olive oil to your sanduiche or peanut butter and whole milk to your shakes. You will be gaining again in no time.
    "No man has the right to be an amatuer in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." (Socrates 470-399bc)

My run of Ultimate Diet 2.0 (by Lyle Mcdonald) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121261251

liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) liftNfish is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    whole milk, peanut butter, burgers, pizza, pastas are your friends. eat up. I was 145lbs a year and a half ago. i went from 145 to 170 in 6 months. im currently around 175.
    meet force with force

Originally Posted by VulcanFlame View Post
    Meal #1 (breakfast) - 1 whole egg, 4 egg whites scrambled with broccoli, and bowl of oatmeal + 1 cup of whole milk

Meal #2 - First shake down the hatch! with whole milk

Meal #3 - If I'm at school Subway foot long turkey sandwich [B]with olive oil[B]

Meal #5 - Second shake down the hatch! with whole milk

Adding calories is pretty simple really. Add some olive oil to your sanduiche or peanut butter and whole milk to your shakes. You will be gaining again in no time.
    Ahh your right, I should use milk in my shakes instead of water. I just got in the habit of mixing water with them post workout. I'm not lactose, but would using soy milk be a good substitute?

Originally Posted by liftNfish View Post
    whole milk, peanut butter, burgers, pizza, pastas are your friends. eat up. I was 145lbs a year and a half ago. i went from 145 to 170 in 6 months. im currently around 175.
    Every time I read "in the zone" I'm reminded of that scene in "Eastern Promises" when Viggo Mortensen gets initiated for a higher rank in the Russian mob, f*cking bad ass! Anyways thanks for the tip!

Registered User username-newbie's Avatar
    username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) username-newbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat the whole egg, your body can produce more cholesterol and has mechanisms in place to regulate the amount being produced. your body can produce way more cholesterol then you can eat from eggs.

eggs and red meat provide the best sources of protein and natural fats that your body needs. the only thing missing is omega 3 so get that too 6 caps.

fill the rest with whatever till you get your calories higher then maintenance. eat a big mac, whatever just eat cause you're clearly not eating enough.

if you wanna go crazy give the GOMAD principle a go and see if you can smash a gallon of milk a day (you'll need to work up to it and don't use soy).

another trick is full cream (not that diet ****) and ginger ale.
    Last edited by username-newbie; 04-18-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Any other suggestions?

strugz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any other suggestions?
    simply gotta eat alot more. It might be hard at first cuz you'll feel freakin bloated all the time. But slowly as you increase ur intake with each meal, you'll feel the need to consume more carbs and protein all the time as time goes buy.
    Progressively increase ur diet
    progressively lift heavier and heavier
    get adequate amounts of rest and sleep
    and that's all there really is to growing bigger.
    if 2 and 3 aren't your problems.
    then your simply not eating enough, even if you think you are.

if you aren't going to eat whole eggs, i'm afraid u'll have to increase your egg whites to something like 6-8 a day instead of just 4.
    A bowl of cooked oatmeal is only about 1/2 cup of uncooked oats. try to increase that to at least 2 bowls. And ya add some peanut butter.
    Shakes, should be made wiht milk , try to add some frozen fruits or something in there.
    There's barely any meat in the turkey sandwiches. try to get the oven roasted chicken breast. don't be stingy on the cheese. always DOUBLE layer ur subways from now on.
    1 cup of uncooked rice will get you at least 2 huge bowls of rice. If your eating that much a day, you shoudl be somewhat ok.
    Try to get a least a can of tuna in a day. Especially near the end of the day if you want to limit your carbs before bedtime
    End the day with cottage cheese.

by double layer i meant douible layer the meat