mentman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice on training

Hi Everyone,

Looking for some advice on the training im doing at the moment.

Ive been working out on and off for the last 2 years (got a hernia in my first year so had to take a break) so im not realy a begginer.
    My main goal is bulk up and muscle size, ive been doing a full body workout 3-4 days a week.
    Im not sure wether now to go on to a full 5 day split, or a kind of half split (work each group twice a week).Or stick to a full body, but tbh I would prefer split training.

What would you advise for somone at my level?

Thanks

Alex

abower86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mentman View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Looking for some advice on the training im doing at the moment.

Ive been working out on and off for the last 2 years (got a hernia in my first year so had to take a break) so im not realy a begginer.
    My main goal is bulk up and muscle size, ive been doing a full body workout 3-4 days a week.
    Im not sure wether now to go on to a full 5 day split, or a kind of half split (work each group twice a week).Or stick to a full body, but tbh I would prefer split training.

What would you advise for somone at my level?

Thanks

Alex
    Here is what I do, and trust me this will help you. I work out 5 days a week for 1hr. to 1hr. 15minutes. Only do one muscle group per day and you will achieve your goals. Here is what I recommend. Monday-Biceps. Tuesday-Chest. Wednesday-Legs. Thursday-Back. Friday-Triceps. Just do this routine and you will achieve.

MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50) MachMood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It seems like you are a beginner, thus the obvious place to start is Starting strength, with the option of adding Chins/dips and arms on fridays if you already have a good base. The reason "true" novices don't have the Aux work is it makes them to sore and hurts their main lifts. If you have lifting experience adding a few sets of skulls and curls shouldn't affect your main lifts at all, and may actually help. Many people show resistance to starting stength(myself included) because on paper it looks to easy, not enough exercises, and you squat 3x a week, WTF??? Fact is IT WORKS, its a GREAT workout and after the first week you will soon realize this. Also have you ever seen a small guy who can bench 315, squat 400 and dead 500, EXACTLY!!! good luck I hope you decide to chose starting strength. No one on this site profits from Starting strength, and it doesn't "help" anyone bye advising this program, the fact is IT WORKS and that's why it has become a staple and comes up so often.

Real quick how long have you been back to training and in the gym consitantly?? and what's your stats and lifts?

buzzin247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buzzin247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buzzin247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buzzin247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buzzin247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to add size, stick with the big lifts, squat deads and bench with some accessories added in.

Eat well and lots off it,

Dont go hitting split routines, you will only start to burn yourself out, train your body as a whole as its meant to be trained.

buzzin247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buzzin247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buzzin247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buzzin247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buzzin247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MachMood View Post
    It seems like you are a beginner, thus the obvious place to start is Starting strength, with the option of adding Chins/dips and arms on fridays if you already have a good base. The reason "true" novices don't have the Aux work is it makes them to sore and hurts their main lifts. If you have lifting experience adding a few sets of skulls and curls shouldn't affect your main lifts at all, and may actually help. Many people show resistance to starting stength(myself included) because on paper it looks to easy, not enough exercises, and you squat 3x a week, WTF??? Fact is IT WORKS, its a GREAT workout and after the first week you will soon realize this. Also have you ever seen a small guy who can bench 315, squat 400 and dead 500, EXACTLY!!! good luck I hope you decide to chose starting strength. No one on this site profits from Starting strength, and it doesn't "help" anyone bye advising this program, the fact is IT WORKS and that's why it has become a staple and comes up so often.

Real quick how long have you been back to training and in the gym consitantly?? and what's your stats and lifts?
    Ha ha you got there just before me, great advice!