KKelso10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for Advice

I hope I posted this thread in the right forum...but here we go.

So I recently moved in with my friend of 10 years. Now that I have someone as excited as me, we're going to start working out because we both want to get into more serious shape than we have ever been. So we were planning on doing the Beachbody Insanity routine. I don't want anyone telling me I shouldn't jump right into it or anything, the only way you get anything done is by work, I think my body can handle it and if it can't, it will work up to it.

What I do want to know is, it seems like all the Beachbody routines focus mainly on burning fat and toning muscle giving that lean, ripped look. This is great because it's what we're aiming for. Though, would Insanity take care of raising the strength of our muscles? Or should we do the two month program and then do a two month bulking phase where we do something like the 5x5 Stronglifts program? Also known as Madcow I think. Then back to Insanity?

It seems like if we do Insanity to get rid of a lot of our fat and tone our muscles we'll get that lean look and prep our bodies, then we go through two months of the Stronglifts / Madcow program we'll increase the size and strength of our muscles. Then we go back through Insanity to cut down and give us a bigger ripped look. Is this a good idea? The whole time we'll use the Insanity nutrition diet because it's 5 meals throughout the day, just like Madcow / Stronglifts. Just let me know what you guys think.

hotdog12345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by KKelso10 View Post
    I hope I posted this thread in the right forum...but here we go.

So I recently moved in with my friend of 10 years. Now that I have someone as excited as me, we're going to start working out because we both want to get into more serious shape than we have ever been. So we were planning on doing the Beachbody Insanity routine. I don't want anyone telling me I shouldn't jump right into it or anything, the only way you get anything done is by work, I think my body can handle it and if it can't, it will work up to it.

What I do want to know is, it seems like all the Beachbody routines focus mainly on burning fat and toning muscle giving that lean, ripped look. This is great because it's what we're aiming for. Though, would Insanity take care of raising the strength of our muscles? Or should we do the two month program and then do a two month bulking phase where we do something like the 5x5 Stronglifts program? Also known as Madcow I think. Then back to Insanity?

It seems like if we do Insanity to get rid of a lot of our fat and tone our muscles we'll get that lean look and prep our bodies, then we go through two months of the Stronglifts / Madcow program we'll increase the size and strength of our muscles. Then we go back through Insanity to cut down and give us a bigger ripped look. Is this a good idea? The whole time we'll use the Insanity nutrition diet because it's 5 meals throughout the day, just like Madcow / Stronglifts. Just let me know what you guys think.
    The whole point in working out is trainng smart and that involves allowing the body to get use to the workouts before doing too much advance moments and heavy lifts which can lead to shoulder injuries and such. Once you do a couple months of training slow and smart then the program of what you are doing is good. Do a bulk phase first to build a foundation and from that foundation when you are satisfied do high reps not to tone which is a myth. High reps do not tone it only builds muscular endurance which in turn if you are eating right can burn the fat leading to the tone ripped look. You must eat right and less if you desire to look ripped and shredded.

hotdog12345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

answer to your question.

The whole point in working out is trainng smart and that involves allowing the body to get use to the workouts before doing too much advance moments and heavy lifts which can lead to shoulder injuries and such. Once you do a couple months of training slow and smart then the program of what you are doing is good. Do a bulk phase first to build a foundation and from that foundation when you are satisfied do high reps not to tone which is a myth. High reps do not tone it only builds muscular endurance which in turn if you are eating right can burn the fat leading to the tone ripped look. You must eat right and less if you desire to look ripped and shredded.

pogen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pogen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pogen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pogen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pogen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pogen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pogen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pogen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pogen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pogen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pogen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KKelso10 View Post
    Just let me know what you guys think.
    It sounds to me like you are looking for this:
    http://www.abercrombieworkout.com/ab...-overview.html

I know it sounds a bit silly (Abercrombie, and all) but if you just read through the phases, you will see that it's actually a serious and demanding program aimed at getting the shredded look. I have no idea who wrote it but its well written and seems effective.