mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

help training my lady friend.

hey i have a friend that has asked me to help her weight lift. She`s pretty athletic, and were both in the air force.

just wondering if there were any way i should train her since she`s a girl. Idk if she`s into the bodybuidling way or if its just like to get stronger and stuch and just stay in shape, so idk if the way i train personally would be better off for her or not, or if i should do it deifferently.

i mean i split up my workouts by muscle. Not sure if i should do total body workouts with her or not or something. Any tips or workout ideas would help greatly, i dont wanna lead her inthe wrong direction
    Last edited by mikeolyer; 02-25-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Beesting23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is no reason for a woman not to train the same way as a man, the only difference is that the weights will be lower but keeping reps 8-12 and 3 sets is fine. I would split the workout, one muscle group a session like you mentioned as a full body workout in one session is a bit much (depends on the number of sets) but it will obviously depend on her goals. Having her train most of the same exercises with you will benefit her as you will be able to monitor her form and guide her with the exercises. Once she's confident with the exercises, she might want to do her own thing

mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeolyer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Beesting23 View Post
    There is no reason for a woman not to train the same way as a man, the only difference is that the weights will be lower but keeping reps 8-12 and 3 sets is fine. I would split the workout, one muscle group a session like you mentioned as a full body workout in one session is a bit much (depends on the number of sets) but it will obviously depend on her goals. Having her train most of the same exercises with you will benefit her as you will be able to monitor her form and guide her with the exercises. Once she's confident with the exercises, she might want to do her own thing
    thanx that helps i guess next i`l lfind out her goals and then post them and seek advice on what exactly other women have seen results form for her goal, i mean i`m not all knowing haha and can use advice on how to steer her i nthe right direction

Beesting23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    She doesn't need to worry about growing big, women have so little testosterone that she wont grow like men do so she needn't worry, my guess is that she will just want to gain strength and tone up (or keep toned) and training the way I mentioned will do just that for her

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I guess you missed the sticky in this section that says "Men before you post, you have to read this"?

It addresses this very question in detail.
    -

Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    I guess you missed the sticky in this section that says "Men before you post, you have to read this"?

It addresses this very question in detail.
    hahaha im sorry i`m a little blind or just dont really look lol

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mikeolyer View Post
    hahaha im sorry i`m a little blind or just dont really look lol
    No worries, happens all the time.
    -

tedjohn09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Beesting23 View Post
    yeah,I agree with Beesting23. Good advice.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Men, same, women, same. Everybody same. What differs is what the individual person can do, and their goals. Where they are and where they want to go determines what route they'll take.

But if you have to ask the question, "how do I train a woman?" the only answer is that you should not train anyone. You're dealing with another person's health and safety. You should have the knowledge to do that properly.

If not, pass her onto someone who can train her. If she's truly your friend, you owe her the best training she can get. You're both in the airforce? Great, ask a PTI.