jonah300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are they just calories?

I am eating super clean and super low calories (around 1200 or lower) and working out almost every day...but at night its almost impossible to me not to eat something sweet,so i have a diet ice cream that has around 200-300 calories...is this what is stoping my weight lost or it doesnt matter as long as the calories in are lower than the calories out?

thanks a lot

jonah

BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jonah300 View Post
    I am eating super clean and super low calories (around 1200 or lower) and working out almost every day...but at night its almost impossible to me not to eat something sweet,so i have a diet ice cream that has around 200-300 calories...is this what is stoping my weight lost or it doesnt matter as long as the calories in are lower than the calories out?

thanks a lot

jonah
    You'll get a lot of calories = calories responses.

With that aside...

How much sodium is in that serving size of the ice cream? You could be holding water weight from eating that at the end of the day.
    "In order to survive you, I must first survive myself. I can sink no further and I cannot forgive you. There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you."

fat now phat later Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid's Avatar
    Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i useto PREACH

cals in = cals out.

it's not that easy i've found for myself.

(NOTE IM SAYING FOR MYSELF)

i've gone from DIRTY diets of say 1500 to cut down......got nowere.

tried what i thogujht was CLEAN diet of say 1500.......stalled to quick.

now i've found that with my body type when i diet down for summer etc i stick to about 4 types of carbs only.......brown rice......oats......sweet potatoe and if need be a gatorade post workout.
    if i die..i die.

Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use the cals in cals out theory for the most part but still try and have a healthy diet but I won't limit myself things I can calculate in.

I eat all types of carbs but I try to stick to oats and veggies but I eat a lot of potatoes and pasta.

I am down from 220 to 180 and steadily dropping.

Different stuff works for different people, experiment with it.

HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Someone posted a good article a while back that discussed the bio-availability of clean foods versus processed garbage. I wish I saved it.

Basically its argument was that the calories listed in a food are calculated from food burned in a machine where the energy released is measured and calories are calculated.

Obviously the human body does not burn food to ash and extract every bit of energy. So for example, if you eat almonds, although very calorie dense, you body can not access as much as 40% of those calories (if I remember correctly) as opposed to eating say white bread which it can get 95% of them.

So to answer you question, not all calories are created equal, but they are the only guidelines we have for the energy in food, so the debate is mostly academic. The trick is to take the information we do have, and see how it applies to your body. You may find that you can cut at the same rate with 2,200 calories of clean food as 1,900 of dirty. Or it may make not difference.

I personally don't worry about it. I count calories, try and eat clean, but definitely don't sweat having ice cream every now and again.
    “The Misc. is a stone-faced Uncle Sam with Popeye’s forearms and a cocked pistol in each hand. It’s a screeching bald eagle with a foreign Bad Thing in its talons. It’s everything that defines America’s bro culture, magnified and weaponized. But it’s deeper than that.“

garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i wouldnt think that one thing per day would make a huge difference, but you never know. I heard about this meeting in my area that is coming up soon talking about eating for your blood type, and wonder if that has any good info to eating in such a way that makes it easy for your body to drop weight with no stalling.

hollowaytyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thanks a lot

jonah
    My two cents is that you might not be getting enough carbs or fat in your diet. I would add some baked sweet potatoe and some almonds to your diet(spread out throughout the day) and see if the cravings go away..

GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    op

I've cut clean, mixed, and ultra dirty

heres what I found

when I cut ultra dirty, I fasted 2 days and ate 1 on this one day I would eat ice cream, snickers bars, w/e the f I wanted.

when I cut mixed, I just ate below maintenance every day but if I wanted fast food I'd just put it into the caloric equation

cutting clean, was just that, only ultra clean foods, basically vegan w/ lean meat.

what did I find?

The cleaner you eat the less hungry you are, and it's noticeable. Theres a theory that your body is hungry when you eat junk because It's still searching for vitamins. So what you do is gorge until finally your stuffed and your body gives up.

You can lose just as much weight eating dirty, and as far as protein and retaining mass, it's all about lifting now what you eat. Catabolism is WAAAAAY overblown, as long as your lifting heavy still.

This is all from my personal experience. Just my .02

datum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datum has a spectacular aura about. (+250) datum has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My 2 cents
    1200 is extremely low and i recall a study that if your calories go bellow this your body will actually go into survival mode and instead of burning fat it will actually start to store it because it thinks that your are starving.
    Second point is what are your calories made up of? ( i know for myself as soon as i cut out carbs i will drop wieght: easier said than done but).
    Depending how long you have been eating clean your body may need a re-feed to kick your metabolism back into gear.
    All these things are only guesses untill we know what you are eating.

Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jdog64 View Post
    My 2 cents
    1200 is extremely low and i recall a study that if your calories go bellow this your body will actually go into survival mode and instead of burning fat it will actually start to store it because it thinks that your are starving.
    Second point is what are your calories made up of? ( i know for myself as soon as i cut out carbs i will drop wieght: easier said than done but).
    Depending how long you have been eating clean your body may need a re-feed to kick your metabolism back into gear.
    All these things are only guesses untill we know what you are eating.
    Most people on the fat loss board will never see starvation mode simply because it requires 2 things.

Long caloric deficit
    Very low BF%

mdovner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdovner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i stop eating everything about 3-4 hours before bed, works wonder for me...i cant see how eating ice cream before bed would be helping you at all bro....unless you are an ectomorph then your not gonna be able to get away with that....no sacrifice, no victory!!!

michael223414 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmm supplement sugar??

Undermine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thanks a lot

jonah
    Just this. Don't eat that diet/reduced calorie crap. As someone who works on the inside...I can tell you that the math and methods used for calorie counting that stuff is bogus. Don't trust those numbers...ever.

HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYDRAE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Undermine View Post
    Just this. Don't eat that diet/reduced calorie crap. As someone who works on the inside...I can tell you that the math and methods used for calorie counting that stuff is bogus. Don't trust those numbers...ever.
    elaborate nao
    “The Misc. is a stone-faced Uncle Sam with Popeye’s forearms and a cocked pistol in each hand. It’s a screeching bald eagle with a foreign Bad Thing in its talons. It’s everything that defines America’s bro culture, magnified and weaponized. But it’s deeper than that.“

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you eating 1200 cals a day or is that your net intake?

Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zandria is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ice cream is good and satisfying, but have you thought about maybe eating some fruit? Fruit has a sweet sugary tasta but the carbs and sugars are natrual not processed. Its better for you, and your body will burn it easier the next day.

when im craving sugar i tend to eat strawberrys or cantelope.

Or have a greek yogurt, high in protein still getting the sweet taste?

drapstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) drapstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) drapstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) drapstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) drapstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) drapstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) drapstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) drapstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) drapstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) drapstar is on a distinguished road. (+10) drapstar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The problem isn't the calories, the problem is the rapid digestion of the sugars that will spike your insulin levels causing you to store the calories.

I have a sweet tooth and get hungry at about 8 pm. I make a protien shake with Vanilla Whey, 3 strawberries, 1/2 cup low fat plain yougart, ice, and crystal lite that is absolutly delicious and very low in calories.

GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Undermine View Post
    how are you going to post this and not elaborate? F'ed UP my man

Right now a normal day for me looks like this

10 am- 2 slices of wheat bred (80 cals)
    turkey (40 cals)
    cottage chesse (30 cals)----150 cals-------

1.30 pm- Workout on gym (mostly lifting as heavy as possible 50 minutes)

3 pm- 2 slices of wheat bred (80 cals)
    turkey (40 cals)

7 pm- 90 minutes of cardio (mostly spinning)

10 pm-Meat or Fish or chicken or eggs with brocoli (250 cals)

11.30 pm-Diet dessert (250 cals)

That something about 800 cals...before u guys told me that i am crazy working out almost 3 hours a day with 800 cals ,i know u are right,i am not planning of doing this as a lifestyle,i bowl on the national team of my country and in order to get "money" form the olimpic comitee of my country i need to be on 231 pounds by March 20th.

I was 287 on December 1st...eating around 1500 cals per day ,i am right now 257...but i am in a plateau and the last 2 weeks i only lose 2.5 pounds each week,thtas why i make it more drastically the last 45 days.

When this is over i will start to increase slowly the calories until i hit 2500 thats is 500 below my maintenance.

Sory for my english i am from argentina

thanks for all the replies and all the advices wiil be more than appreciated.

Jonah

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dude if you are eating 800 cals a day you need to be on psmf. you are just gonna **** up your body otherwise

and i hope you arent doing any cardio
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

Originally Posted by drapstar View Post
    The problem isn't the calories, the problem is the rapid digestion of the sugars that will spike your insulin levels causing you to store the calories.
    Wrong

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Right now a normal day for me looks like this

turkey (40 cals)

1.30 pm- Workout on gym (mostly lifting as heavy as possible 50 minutes)

3 pm- 2 slices of wheat bred (80 cals)
    turkey (40 cals)

7 pm- 90 minutes of cardio (mostly spinning)

10 pm-Meat or Fish or chicken or eggs with brocoli (250 cals)

11.30 pm-Diet dessert (250 cals)

That something about 800 cals...before u guys told me that i am crazy working out almost 3 hours a day with 800 cals ,i know u are right,i am not planning of doing this as a lifestyle,i bowl on the national team of my country and in order to get "money" form the olimpic comitee of my country i need to be on 231 pounds by March 20th.

I was 287 on December 1st...eating around 1500 cals per day ,i am right now 257...but i am in a plateau and the last 2 weeks i only lose 2.5 pounds each week,thtas why i make it more drastically the last 45 days.

When this is over i will start to increase slowly the calories until i hit 2500 thats is 500 below my maintenance.

Sory for my english i am from argentina

thanks for all the replies and all the advices wiil be more than appreciated.

Jonah
    Your problem is too few calories.

MKrausova22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Too few

Hey there,

I think the problem is that you are not spreading your calories throughout the day properly. You are starving yourself on 1200 calories and than eat junk at night and end up at 1500 anyway.

Why not add some healthy carbs through out the day so you hit 1500 by dinner time. That way you will be able to skip the junk and see results ....

Plus, if you hit too low on the calories, your metabolism slows down and you are self-defeating yourself....
    Ferdinka

andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just curious but, what is the brand of wheat bread that allows 80 cals per 2 slices?? The best i've ever found is Orewheat Double Fiber for 70 calories per slice!

boss89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boss89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boss89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boss89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boss89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boss89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boss89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boss89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boss89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boss89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) boss89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by andre1002 View Post

Just curious but, what is the brand of wheat bread that allows 80 cals per 2 slices?? The best i've ever found is Orewheat Double Fiber for 70 calories per slice!
    Sara Lee has a wheat bread that's 45 calories a slice, but it contains high fructose corn syrup.

Nature's Own also has a 100% wheat bread that's 50 calories a slice, but it does not contain any sugars or high fructose corn syrup.

As for 80 calories for 2 slices, I have yet to see a brand that has this. But I prefer the Nature's Own.

adam.schw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    also...who eats 30 calories of cottage cheese? That's like 3 teaspoons full of cottage cheese...
    I'm gonna say check portions.
    Sounds like malnutrition. where are you getting your vitamins and minerals? A little bit of broccoli isn't going to come close to getting the vitamins you need for your day.

Originally Posted by andre1002 View Post

I am from argentina,the brands name here is "Fargo" wheat thin slices...3 slices has 117 cals,20grs carbs,4.7 protein,2.0 fat.

As far as the cheese ,it says...50 cals 2 tablespoons and i use just one