nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50)

critique my diet

I am a 49 year old female 5'7 130 lbs who has been working out about 3 times a week for a couple years now and although I have toned up and lost some fat I am ready to bump it up a notch. I want to gain more muscle mass and get rid of this last bit of fat around my waist. I tend to lose easily so I don't do alot of cardio, 1o or 15 mins. before workouts and 1 day a week I go for about 40 mins. I work out with weights 3 to 4 days a week.

day 1- legs, reverse squats,sldl,standing leg curls,leg extensions,leg press

day 2- shoulders, biceps, chest,

day 3- back, triceps, calfs

day 4: I do cardio and a light leg workout I rest days 5 and 6

recently I started paying closer attention to my diet and this is what i have been doing for the past week.

breakfast: 1/2 c oatmeal
    w/ 1/2 c mixed berries
    1 scoop protein powder mixed in
    1 c coffee

meal 2rotein shake
    1/2 apple

meal 3: meatballs
    1/2 can green beans
    1/2 c cottage cheese

meal 4: protein shake

meal 5: 6 0z. chicken
    1/2 c cottage cheese
    1/2 can green beans

meal 6: protein shake

I usaully have a small snack late at night also.

fat grams are approx. 70 give or take 10
    carbs a round 180 sometimes a little more
    protein abt. 220 to 250
    calories between 2000 and 2100

I have noticed my belly going down some which is great but I need to know if I'm eating enough or the right way to gain lean muscle?

my measutrements are
    chest: 36
    waist 28
    hips 35 1/2
    thighs: 19 1/2 (biggest part up top)
    Really want my legs bigger

I have always been slim but easliy gain weight in the stomache area.anyway any help would truley be appreciated!

this is really hard I feel like all I do is eat!!!

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How long have you been on this plan? Are you seeing results?

I think you need to add more complex carbs overall. You should also consider adding carbs to Meal 4 and a fat source to Meal 6.

Good luck!
    Genshai

nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakima will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tifflex View Post
    How long have you been on this plan? Are you seeing results?

I think you need to add more complex carbs overall. You should also consider adding carbs to Meal 4 and a fat source to Meal 6.

Good luck!
    I have been on this plan almost a week and so far believe it or not my stomache has gotten a little flatter. I haven't lost inches just not as bloated. I guess from eating cleaner and I have also been drinking about a gallon of water every day as well. I will take your advise and add more complex carbs and more fat to meal 6. Just trying to figure this all out. Thanks for responding.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Must you really eat canned string beans??? that is for hospitals and nursing homes.. passes right through no nutrients(or flavor)
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    Must you really eat canned string beans??? that is for hospitals and nursing homes.. passes right through no nutrients(or flavor)
    what would you suggest to someone living in a small alaskan village?

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nakima View Post
    what would you suggest to someone living in a small alaskan village?
    And how was I supposed to know

PS
    how about frozen veggies, they are much better than canned

Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do the protein shakes have sugary carbs in them? It doesn't look like as many carbs as you are stating in the diet. I agree with Tiff. More complex carbs needed.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And how was I supposed to know

PS
    how about frozen veggies, they are much better than canned
    X2 on the frozen veggies. Can you get frozen spinach or brocolli? You can't get much more nutritious veggies than those two.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

JSK0703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSK0703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSK0703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSK0703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSK0703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSK0703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSK0703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSK0703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSK0703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSK0703 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JSK0703 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Aren't veggies like $5 per pound in Alaska?

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have been on this plan almost a week and so far believe it or not my stomache has gotten a little flatter. I haven't lost inches just not as bloated. I guess from eating cleaner and I have also been drinking about a gallon of water every day as well. I will take your advise and add more complex carbs and more fat to meal 6. Just trying to figure this all out. Thanks for responding.

An entire "almost a week" and you didn't see any change... At least have realistic expectations. Be patient.

Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
    Do the protein shakes have sugary carbs in them? It doesn't look like as many carbs as you are stating in the diet. I agree with Tiff. More complex carbs needed.
    ok maybe I'm not doing this right,have been trying to figure things out on my own and thats why I came here to get answers from people who know. I appreciate all the feedback. I know it's only been a week and not really expecting a change just yet. Takeing into consideration my age, weight, etc. how many calories, grams of protein,carbs,fat should I be consumeing? the meal plan I posted was just one day and the food and calories etc. change a little each day, it's not perfect still adjusting while I'm learning. I do eat a lot of frozen veggies and fresh veggies as well ( the fresh ones don't have a lot of nutrients by the time they get to alsaka, picked to early yadda yadda yadda) we eat lots of moose meat and salmon. anyway, I will just keep doing what I'm doing and see how it turns out here in a few weeks... I will take all the advise I can get and I do appreciate your time and patience. thanks all!
    p.s the protein I am takeing is eas premium protein and it has 2 grams of sugar per serving

we eat lots of moose meat and salmon
    Those are the kind of proteins and food you want to eat most of the times
    I would start by not worrying too much about your diet as long that you eat plenty of moose and salmon , veggies, berries and more moose and salmon ...
    forget about chicken I would eat moose 5 times a day if I had a choice

Get a free account at fitday.com or calorieking.com
    start tracking your calories, the website will help you to figure out a ballpark calorie need..

If you want to gain muscle you will need to eat in excess of a few hundreds calories per day

Forget about whey protein and stick to moose you can easily meet your daily protein intake by eating only meat and fish ..

rice , oatmeal, pasta, fruit and berries all good source of carbs

Those are the kind of proteins and food you want to eat most of the times
    I would start by not worrying too much about your diet as long that you eat plenty of moose and salmon , veggies, berries and more moose and salmon ...
    forget about chicken I would eat moose 5 times a day if I had a choice

Get a free account at fitday.com or calorieking.com
    start tracking your calories, the website will help you to figure out a ballpark calorie need..

If you want to gain muscle you will need to eat in excess of a few hundreds calories per day

Forget about whey protein and stick to moose you can easily meet your daily protein intake by eating only meat and fish ..

rice , oatmeal, pasta, fruit and berries all good source of carbs
    Thanks so much thats what I needed to hear, at least I'm on the right track. I do soooo love my moose but I really like chicken to

Thanks so much thats what I needed to hear, at least I'm on the right track. I do soooo love my moose but I really like chicken to
    I would trade you fresh veggies for moose .. I wish I could get moose as easily as chicken

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i would do do back and bi's and chest and tri's and shoulders on your light leg day. cardio after weights. add more complex carbs before w/o after w/o. protein seems high for your weight. carbs is a matter of if you tend to gain fat or not.

Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds like you are all set for now. Good advice given.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would trade you fresh veggies for moose .. I wish I could get moose as easily as chicken
    Wanna go hunting this fall?
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Jumping on the complex carb band wagon here. Protein does seem high as well. When are you working out in the day? I would swap a meal replacement shake for one of the straight protein shakes as a post workout. Be sure your dairy is low fat/no fat and maybe add some nuts (both good for that late night snack).
    You don't mention abs in your routine so I would definitely add some and I would boost the cardio an extra 5-10 minutes.
    Good luck and I am looking forward to hearing how you progress!
    The only easy day was yesterday. Navy SEALs

Originally Posted by HeloRugger View Post
    Jumping on the complex carb band wagon here. Protein does seem high as well. When are you working out in the day? I would swap a meal replacement shake for one of the straight protein shakes as a post workout. Be sure your dairy is low fat/no fat and maybe add some nuts (both good for that late night snack).
    You don't mention abs in your routine so I would definitely add some and I would boost the cardio an extra 5-10 minutes.
    Good luck and I am looking forward to hearing how you progress!
    Thank you all for the great advise. I will change up a few things and see what happens, Like adding more cardio, swaping the protein shake for a meal replacement and I will definitley keep more nuts on hand for those late night craveings lol. I think my protein is to high as well and I am haveing a hard time getting it down. I'll get it though. There have been a few changes already this week just paying closer attention to my nutrition plan and sticking with it ( with a few minor adjustments) but I can see where I have been lacking all along and I am happy with the results so far, feel like I'm moveing forward! More energy and feeling stronger. Thank you all so much for your support.