Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Resonator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Resonator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Resonator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Resonator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Resonator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Resonator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Resonator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Resonator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Resonator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Resonator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Resonator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bryce.MacLaren View Post
    An electrician will know 10x more than an EE grad.
    Two completely different things.

big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    HHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

oh man I had a good laugh at that one

WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    electrician = the guy who wires up a house with electricity
    electrical engineer = the guy who designs electronics and telecommunications systems (satellite, radio, etc.)

Not even in the same categories, brah. Just sayin' ...

NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000) NeverGymLess is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    electrical engineer = the guy who designs electronics and telecommunications systems (satellite, radio, etc.)

meh. a plumber just spent 5 million on a penthouse , I worked on out here. Also , i helped on a electrician house in port moody , must of been at least 2 million...

Also my old boss, who had the contract for Olympic Village ( multi Billion dollar project ) Started out as a labour . Now hes the big boss , worth hundred of millions.
    Last edited by NeverGymLess; 12-12-2009 at 05:08 PM.

manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Im going into pharmacy school after completing my undergrad.
    For me, my degree in pharmacy and then my doctorate in degree will start earning me just over 100k per year after a bit of exp.
    Its all relative to the person.
    A lot of stuff that I will learn will be 100% useless for my job, but what can you do... go through the hard time and make 100k, or make 40k and be some random guy with little academic and financial achievement.

manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) manofhorror555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    my dad has a ph.D in electrical engineering
    you have no idea what you're talking about n you're a giant dumbass

WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NeverGymLess View Post
    meh. a plumber just spent 5 million on a penthouse , I worked on out here. Also , i helped on a electrician house in port moody , must of been at least 2 million...

Also my old boss, who had the contract for Olympic Village ( multi Billion dollar project ) Started out as a labour . Now hes the big boss , worth hundred of millions.
    Skilled labor such as plumbers or electricians can easily make mad amounts of bank, especially if they run their own business. There's no doubt about that.

But electricians and electrical engineers are two completely different things. An electrician wouldn't know how to design the CPU in your computer or a satellite communications system. Why would he?

repgmo is on a distinguished road. (+10) repgmo is on a distinguished road. (+10) repgmo is on a distinguished road. (+10) repgmo is on a distinguished road. (+10) repgmo is on a distinguished road. (+10) repgmo is on a distinguished road. (+10) repgmo is on a distinguished road. (+10) repgmo is on a distinguished road. (+10) repgmo is on a distinguished road. (+10) repgmo is on a distinguished road. (+10) repgmo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Obviously most arguing college being a scam have never held a job of much physical labor or had a parent who never got to see his family because he chose to not go to college and has to work off. Granted the pipeline work my dad does and I also labor in when not in school pays great money for someone without a degree: Labors(lowest paid) $18/hr + $45 per diem all the way to welders whom I'm not sure of hrly wages but avg $800 a day after wages, truck pay etc. Also these jobs are scarce that actually pay that good without education and you are almost guaranteed to never work within driving distance of home, much less in the same state you live in. Always traveling, never home.. Sure you can grad hs and not attend college but good luck doing much more than work... HARD work which some people do enjoy don't get me wrong. College gives opportunities for MOST graduates to have a steady job and be able to have a life of more than just work work work.

If you go and f*** off in college hell no you won't get anything out of it. Only the strong will survive anywhere you go no matter what you are doing. If you are good at what you do be it flipping patties with no education all the way to practicing surgery with a M.D. you will always have a job and an opportunity to do better. If you don't try to succeed and just take each day as it comes being lazy and unproductive no matter what degree of education you have/dont have you will fail at reaching any goals.
    08 La state championship track & field team
    100m pr: 10.8
    40 pr

Petroleum engineering student

PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PBateman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The idea that everyone should go to college and all colleges will get you a job is a scam. There's nothing wrong with working construction or something and working your way up to foreman or owning your own construction business, etc.

I got a job lined up for when I graduate, though. Wasn't a scam for me.

big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) big stud steve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by manofhorror555 View Post
    thats why i negged him and had to bump the thread so the rest of the misk can see his dumbass post

UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UniBoy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You get a lot more than just an education by going to college/university. When I graduated form HS I had an excellent average but next to no social skills. After two years in uni I can actually hold meaningful conversations with people. Not just that but college forces you to be improve time management skills, and it teaches you how to learn in ways you never thought of. This is why the tuition you pay is indirectly paying for far more than the classes you attend. But yeah, I must say that science/engineering degrees have more value than anything artsy.

jeff00z28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeff00z28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeff00z28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeff00z28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeff00z28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeff00z28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeff00z28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeff00z28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeff00z28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeff00z28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeff00z28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i remember looking at schools and they had an 'IT' major where u do a lot of bull**** programming and they tried to pull off "even if you dont want to be a programmer, it is important to learn these concepts to work in an IT field" such bull****

Talking

bump

Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Most of the people here are taking a position based off getting a job but in actuality a job has very little to do with the benefits of education. Getting a job comes as a byproduct of what education really is. In other words it's secondary and actually it's pretty minuscule when contrasted against it's true value . The true value of education lies within your thought process. Education is changing your ability to interpret situations based off what you know and then taking well rounded actions. In anything you do, your education is going to be reflected. I don't know how else to explain because the impact education has on your life is profound. I can't emphasize enough the importance of education and what it can do for you.

Now, you're probably saying that this is a crock of ****. Sounds like a brochure you would read doesn't it? But it's the truth. The people that disagree are probably the people that are either 1. not educated and as a result are therefore unaware or 2. people that don't apply themselves.

Bryce.MacLaren is a name known to all. (+5000) Bryce.MacLaren is a name known to all. (+5000) Bryce.MacLaren is a name known to all. (+5000) Bryce.MacLaren is a name known to all. (+5000) Bryce.MacLaren is a name known to all. (+5000) Bryce.MacLaren is a name known to all. (+5000) Bryce.MacLaren is a name known to all. (+5000) Bryce.MacLaren is a name known to all. (+5000) Bryce.MacLaren is a name known to all. (+5000) Bryce.MacLaren is a name known to all. (+5000) Bryce.MacLaren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Resonator View Post
    Two completely different things.
    Originally Posted by big stud steve View Post
    HHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

oh man I had a good laugh at that one
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post

electrician/ electrical technician = household, substation, power plant, hardware

Originally Posted by manofhorror555 View Post
    Lol what does having a phd have to do with this? And how do you know what you're talking about? My dad has 2 PhD's and has been teaching for 20 years, he published books and sh/t. Even he says to go easy on picking up textbooks, only a very few matter.

thats why i negged him and had to bump the thread so the rest of the misk can see his dumbass post
    bump
    Lol at you whinny kids. Its like doctors and nurses. Would you rather get your stitches done from a pre med grad or a nurse with 10 years training.

I work with a team of technicians training EE grads's on how the systems work inside out. EE's fresh out of college know squat, a technician has spent his years training with the equipment we'll soon be designing.

Can one Engr grad tell me you used a shred of crap you learned in college in daily work. 3 years in the industry for in the top power engineering company in the world - i've yet to use anything.

I admit you need the degree to get your foot in the door - but don't worry if you don't remember anything, they'll train you in what really matters.
    Last edited by Bryce.MacLaren; 12-14-2009 at 04:01 AM.
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most. - Me

RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000) RipedRX is just really nice. (+1000)
    for right now unless you have a key member somewhere up the ranks in corprate world, yes its a scam! you'll be in debt, and be working jobs you could have done without college. Agian unless your degree is very specific...but then agian i have a freind who has a masters degree in computer science and for over 2 years he still cant find a job...
    Partizan BG
    EX YUG MAFIA #3 Dr. Cannabis here to help!
    ■■■Misc Masculinist Crew■■■º
    =♖♘♗♕ Official Misc Chess Crew ♔♗♘♖=

THIS IS//////// S E R B I A//////RUSSIA///////

Originally Posted by RipedRX View Post
    for right now unless you have a key member somewhere up the ranks in corprate world, yes its a scam! you'll be in debt, and be working jobs you could have done without college. Agian unless your degree is very specific...but then agian i have a freind who has a masters degree in computer science and for over 2 years he still cant find a job...

Curious ... did he find a job in his field after graduating with the B.S. or did he go straight into the masters?

My undergraduate degree was a B.S. in computer science too. I've been working at the same company now for 8 years ... considering doing my masters in computer science too which is why I ask.