CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000)

At Least 30g of Fish Oil Daily?

The Top 5 Supplements to Gain Muscle Mass
    by Charles Poliquin

In many seminars, I always get asked which supplements are best to gain mass. My answers will surprise many of you.

Here they are:

1. Fish Oil

What? Fish oil? That is not cool, avant-garde, sexy, or exotic. Fish oil?

Yes. Fish oil. You cannot be anabolic without enough Omega 3s. For example, I was once training a first-round pick for the NFL. He put on 29 lbs of lean body mass in one month once I jacked his fish oil intake to 45 grams a day. If you want to put muscle on and lose fat, take at least 30 grams of fish oil a day.

Additional reasons for using fish oil include:

It reduces inflammation.
    It improves insulin sensitivity: makes glucose and amino acids get better in your starved muscle cells.
    Taking fish oil in a liquid form is the most economical way of doing it. But taking them every meal works best. I always recommend a combination of liquid and capsules - Liquid for home meals, and capsules for away from home meals.

I received this article in a newsletter from another site, just interested to hear some opinions on this.

Registered User Cable Curling CincoUno's Avatar
    Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CAMPAIGN View Post
    by Charles Poliquin

In many seminars, I always get asked which supplements are best to gain mass. My answers will surprise many of you.

Here they are:

1. Fish Oil

Yes. Fish oil. You cannot be anabolic without enough Omega 3s. For example, I was once training a first-round pick for the NFL. He put on 29 lbs of lean body mass in one month once I jacked his fish oil intake to 45 grams a day. If you want to put muscle on and lose fat, take at least 30 grams of fish oil a day.

It reduces inflammation.
    It improves insulin sensitivity: makes glucose and amino acids get better in your starved muscle cells.
    Taking fish oil in a liquid form is the most economical way of doing it. But taking them every meal works best. I always recommend a combination of liquid and capsules - Liquid for home meals, and capsules for away from home meals.

I received this article in a newsletter from another site, just interested to hear some opinions on this.
    1. he sells fish oil
    2. the bolded statement above should make you stop reading anything immediately and junk it.

DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    by Charles Poliquin

Here they are:

1. Fish Oil

It reduces inflammation.

Whoever recommends 30g of fish oil on a daily basis is a moron.

CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000) CAMPAIGN is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cable Curling CincoUno View Post
    1. he sells fish oil
    2. the bolded statement above should make you stop reading anything immediately and junk it.
    Agreed. I read that line and was like wtf?

lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fish oil is a good supp but the claims and advice in this are plain stupid.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

"Never do an enemy a small injury" Niccolo Machiavelli

Live unapolagetically.

Its not that complicated, Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat.

Registered User Cable Curling CincoUno's Avatar
    Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Agreed. I read that line and was like wtf?
    if polliquin didn't turn into such a douchey marketer/supplement pusher he really could be an extremely valuable resource.

Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cable Curling CincoUno View Post
    if polliquin didn't turn into such a douchey marketer/supplement pusher he really could be an extremely valuable resource.
    Screw you!!1!!

I'm gonna do this AND take 50g glutamine post-workout. Someone call hugeville and let them know i'm on my way.
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Join DS on ******** and Twitter for EXCLUSIVE info and promotions!!

http://www.********.com/DrivenSports
    http://twitter.com/drivensports

Craze :: New & Improved Activate Xtreme :: Triazole :: Lean Xtreme

Craze: Performance Fuel -- The Uprising Has Begun

Registered User eddiegoodfellar's Avatar
    eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Screw you!!1!!

I'm gonna do this AND take 50g glutamine post-workout. Someone call hugeville and let them know i'm on my way.
    Post some before and after pics man your gonna be huge!

I have gone up to 10g a day and it seemed to improve my skin and helped out the joints.

theories has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    by Charles Poliquin

Here they are:

1. Fish Oil

It reduces inflammation.

You can take 30g of fish oil a day if you want to bleed to death from a papercut.

Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Robboe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    Post some before and after pics man your gonna be huge!

I have gone up to 10g a day and it seemed to improve my skin and helped out the joints.
    Can't, got too big for my camera. Need a new one with more megapixels.
    www.GetDS.com

Get DS in Europe!!:
    www.drivensports.co.uk

Join DS on ******** and Twitter for EXCLUSIVE info and promotions!!

http://www.********.com/DrivenSports
    http://twitter.com/drivensports

Craze :: New & Improved Activate Xtreme :: Triazole :: Lean Xtreme

Craze: Performance Fuel -- The Uprising Has Begun

frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why so? Some pro bodybuilders take 35-45g in a Day?

Originally Posted by DR_P View Post
    Whoever recommends 30g of fish oil on a daily basis is a moron.

Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by frankie7 View Post
    Why so? Some pro bodybuilders take 35-45g in a Day?
    like who?

and btw even if they did do it, it doesn't make them smart.

frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ben Pakulski

Originally Posted by Adjusting View Post
    like who?

DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ben Pakulski
    Is this that guy here?

If yes, then his caloric intake is perhaps in the range of 7-8.000 kcal per day, with 30 I.U. of insulin, 1 g of testosterone and 100 mug of levothyronin for dessert.

I think that 30 g of omega 3 fatty acids in a guy who may consume 500g of pure protein per day is a different thing than in a guy who eats 2500 kcal/d and 200 g protein per day, and doesn't have a dessert.

The problem is that Pro-bodybuilders' diets can never be used as reference for guys like you and me because we don't drink that special multi-juice.
    Last edited by DR_P; 11-18-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ben Pakulski
    his body could probably handle that much considering his caloric intake. but what a pro-bodybuilder does shouldn't always transfer over to "normal" people.

Ben :

Its does seem like a lot, but honestly as long as youre not dieting for a contest, and the heavy minerals have been removed from the oils(always read the labels!) its not too much at all.
    It will actually help youre training and recovery bigtime. Natually occuring sources that contain high omega 3s are salmon,trout, walnuts, and sea algae. WHich I also eat in plentitude.
    Soace it out. I take about 8-10grams 4times a day

Ben :

Its does seem like a lot, but honestly as long as youre not dieting for a contest, and the heavy minerals have been removed from the oils(always read the labels!) its not too much at all.
    It will actually help youre training and recovery bigtime. Natually occuring sources that contain high omega 3s are salmon,trout, walnuts, and sea algae. WHich I also eat in plentitude.
    i'd like to know how much fat he eats in a day. besides he's just one example - that doesn't mean we should all be running out to copy him just because it works for him.

Ben :

omega 3 fatty acids are extremely prone to oxidation and very high dietary levels of them may introduce some lipid peroxidation which in turn will stress your endogenous anti-oxidative systems.

CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptMcClain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    unless I'm having severe joint issues I dont go over 6g a day spaced out

at least in supplmental form that is

my eggs and peanut butter have been enhanced with omega 3's as well but I think only the peanut butter's is sourced from fish oil

So how can we know our max levels of omega-3 by supplementation intake for naturals and drugged bodybuilders? What are some of the factors

Originally Posted by DR_P View Post
    omega 3 fatty acids are extremely prone to oxidation and very high dietary levels of them may introduce some lipid peroxidation which in turn will stress your endogenous anti-oxidative systems.

ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting that fish oil might help with building body mass. My thoughts, I wondered how much omega 3 was being consumed? Fish oil comes in different concentrations.

For heart health I take 2000 mgs of EPA/ DHA a day plus 6 capsules of krill oil. I also avoid eating inflammatory omega 6 oils. And with that over time I was able to achieve an omega 3 index testing level above 10% and a 1 to 1 Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio - which is an ideal level for preventing heart disease. Hopfully it will be good for building muscle also.

sctp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ParsleyTea View Post
    Interesting that fish oil might help with building body mass. My thoughts, I wondered how much omega 3 was being consumed? Fish oil comes in different concentrations.

For heart health I take 2000 mgs of EPA/ DHA a day plus 6 capsules of krill oil. I also avoid eating inflammatory omega 6 oils. And with that over time I was able to achieve an omega 3 index testing level above 10% and a 1 to 1 Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio - which is an ideal level for preventing heart disease. Hopfully it will be good for building muscle also.
    I think you should get a blood test done,suspecting your red blood cell count will be low,if you do what you have been saying and i don't think you should be worrying so much for heart disease if you dont eat junk food and trans fat,omega6-9 are good and they are there for a reason,hence why they suggest 4:1 ratio for omega6:3.

ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sctp View Post
    I think you should get a blood test done,suspecting your red blood cell count will be low,if you do what you have been saying and i don't think you should be worrying so much for heart disease if you dont eat junk food and trans fat,omega6-9 are good and they are there for a reason,hence why they suggest 4:1 ratio for omega6:3.
    Nah, I'm quite happy where my testing Omega 6 to 3 ratio is at. I'll give you that the ideal Omega 6 to 3 ratio is debatable, but from the heart health studies I've seen I'm happy having a ratio that is less than 2 to 1 or in my case 1 to 1.