Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    After getting a spot from a trainerand doing a typical powerlifting style bench:
    Him-"Why do you tuck your shoulders back? I like to make mine go forward so I get my shoulders worked too"
    Me- Uh huh
    Him- You need to be careful with breathing, if you don't do it you'll engage in the valsalva maneuver and thats bad
    Me- Uggghghh where did you read thats bad exactly?
    Him- In my personal training book
    Me- Facepalm
    Me: Rep out 225 for 20+ (forget exact number)
    Him- Thats my 1 rep max
    Me: Purely in thought, "O'RLY?"

On a side-note. I heard of this trainer before, and one time in a nutrition class people were listing sugars, fructose lactose maltose whatever. Teacher points at him and he says CUPCAKES
    I rarely get advice though, almost always I get things like, yeah I used to bench 405 yeah my kidneys are shot I used to squat real heavy blah blah.
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000) Norse1308 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Protein = Steroids, and that going below parallel ruins your knees on squats. I think if I didn't go below parallel my knee would be a lot worse off than it is.
    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142268221&welcome=true

mikeatnscc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeatnscc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeatnscc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeatnscc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeatnscc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeatnscc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeatnscc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeatnscc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeatnscc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeatnscc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikeatnscc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EinMassengrab. View Post
    hahaha. yeah. my mom doesn't get the meaning of a word SUPPLEMENT... something to supplement the nutrients of normal food when you're pressed for time. they act like it's something crazy
    And trying to explain the purpose of supplementing is a whole lot harder then just saying no it's not bad for you mom.
    I rep back

Current lifts

515/325/555 - gym lifts

bench with a pause

deep squat

shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    powerlifting made my arms blow up from 13" to 16" so i got stretchmarks. my mother told me the 1 scoop of whey protein i take everyday was the cause of the stretchmarks. she told me it was making me get big too fast.... this was a years progress that she was talking about.
    best gym lifts best competition lifts
    squat 405 390
    bench 265 240
    deadlift 475 475

Dysfunctional Strength Entkommen115's Avatar
    Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Retardo-pex View Post
    Your blood pressure does rise a considerable amount when lifting heavy, and can actually lead to the bad type of left ventricle hypertrophy but if you are not some guy who basically is in a chair/on the couch for 23 hours a day and then maxes on bench/squat/dead the other hour its not really something you would need to worry about.
    I've never heard this before and everything I have studied about says that this isn't true. Aside from genetic disorders there are 3 types of left ventricular hypertrophy that I am aware of:

1. Increased via volume. This would be typical of a runner or someone who frequently engages in cardiovascular types of activity. The heart wall will thicken slightly, but the hypertrophy occurs mostly from expansion of the chambers to increase stroke volume.

2. Increased via pressure. This would be typical of someone who frequently engages in resistance types of activities. The heart wall will thicken mostly here. Muscles of the left ventricle become larger in order to maintain blood flow against high end muscle contractions. One of the benefits of this is decreased diastolic blood pressure.

3. Increased via stressors. This would be typical of an obese individual who lacks a healthy lifestyle and/or never engages in any kind of physical activity. Heart will enlarge by increasing the size of the chambers BUT the walls seem to become thinner and almost appear to be deteriorated. This can also be accompanied with right ventricular hypertrophy (an indication of pulmonary hypertension).

Hearts 1 & 2 would be called "Athletic Hearts" and look exactly how you think they would in a cadaver. The walls look hearty and healthy and look like slabs of beef (this is especially true for the heart that increased via pressure). Heart 3 looks nothing like the first two hearts when seen in a cadaver. The walls look almost like a plastic and appear to be flimsy.

Not trying to call you out just trying to see if you know something I don't know.
    "Clit stimulation if your fingers are dry is not a good idea. The clit is more sensitive than the underside of a guy's penis, apparently.

Good rule of thumb: make sure you're fingers aren't dry before they go anywhere NEAR her clit/pussy.

Also, besides myself, maybe 2-3 of you have actually done anything like this before..."

-Daniel Beauchamp

behind the bamboo curtain RAGS_21's Avatar
    RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

ridiculous advice..

Just the other day I was doing sets of triples on CGBP, and some guy asked me if he could bench with me. I said, "sure" and we started benching. I benched and when I got off the bench he told me, "Hey when you're about to push the weight up, you should really breathe out because it will make you stronger."

I was breathing out.

The last three sets I was doing 210x3 on close grip. He couldn't get 2 reps with a regular bench grip with the bar set at 185...
    "The next time someone tells you that you can't be lean and big and strong, all simultaneously, slap them dead in the mouth, rape their girlfriend, and then go lift something heavy."

workout journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127041211

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RAGS_21 View Post
    Just the other day I was doing sets of triples on CGBP, and some guy asked me if he could bench with me. I said, "sure" and we started benching. I benched and when I got off the bench he told me, "Hey when you're about to push the weight up, you should really breathe out because it will make you stronger."

I was breathing out.

The last three sets I was doing 210x3 on close grip. He couldn't get 2 reps with a regular bench grip with the bar set at 185...
    could be honest mistake, also shouldn't bash someone just for lifting less weight.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by theduffman View Post
    My friend Patrick that's on the powerlifting team at LSU Baton Rouge** said this happened

"coach, I think I hurt my trap"

random guy in the gym that's old so he thinks he can substitute for the coach's opinion

"you don't really need a trap, just let it tear completely off and work around it"
    You say it like its weird to let a muscle tear off and just work around it.

Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Entkommen115 View Post
    I've never heard this before and everything I have studied about says that this isn't true. Aside from genetic disorders there are 3 types of left ventricular hypertrophy that I am aware of:

1. Increased via volume. This would be typical of a runner or someone who frequently engages in cardiovascular types of activity. The heart wall will thicken slightly, but the hypertrophy occurs mostly from expansion of the chambers to increase stroke volume.

2. Increased via pressure. This would be typical of someone who frequently engages in resistance types of activities. The heart wall will thicken mostly here. Muscles of the left ventricle become larger in order to maintain blood flow against high end muscle contractions. One of the benefits of this is decreased diastolic blood pressure.

3. Increased via stressors. This would be typical of an obese individual who lacks a healthy lifestyle and/or never engages in any kind of physical activity. Heart will enlarge by increasing the size of the chambers BUT the walls seem to become thinner and almost appear to be deteriorated. This can also be accompanied with right ventricular hypertrophy (an indication of pulmonary hypertension).

Hearts 1 & 2 would be called "Athletic Hearts" and look exactly how you think they would in a cadaver. The walls look hearty and healthy and look like slabs of beef (this is especially true for the heart that increased via pressure). Heart 3 looks nothing like the first two hearts when seen in a cadaver. The walls look almost like a plastic and appear to be flimsy.

Not trying to call you out just trying to see if you know something I don't know.
    I'm glad you did actually, it was number 2 which I was referring to. The difference between 1 and 2 is that while the heart walls hypertrophy in type 2, the total volume of the ventricle decreases. It probably wasn't anything lethal just a jot under the negative side effects column.

Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000) Entkommen115 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Retardo-pex View Post
    I'm glad you did actually, it was number 2 which I was referring to. The difference between 1 and 2 is that while the heart walls hypertrophy in type 2, the total volume of the ventricle decreases. It probably wasn't anything lethal just a jot under the negative side effects column.
    Maybe only a little, but the benefits by far outweigh the possible negative. Resistance training benefits the cardiovascular system in a few ways the main one being its effect on the ejection strength that the heart gains. Because of it the diastolic pressure will decrease because the myocardium can enter a much deeper stage of relaxation after contraction (running will increase stoke volume while resistance training is the best way to actually strengthen the heart).

Overall muscle mass also benefits the entire vascular system by allowing a relax able tissue to surround the vessels. This will decrease overall blood pressure. Adipose tissue will constantly compress vessel walls especially when body fat percentages start to get out of control.

Resistance training is also one of the best ways to improve blood lipid profiles.

In my opinion weight training is one of the best things you can do for your cardiovascular system and I do not believe I have ever heard a health practitioner or physiologist say that left ventricular hypertrophy (brought on by any kind of exercise) could ever really have a downside to it.

Once again not arguing because I see where you are coming from, but I don't think it places any legitimate worry in the health field.

Reps for the convo though I looked up some things that had slipped my mind for a little while.
    "Clit stimulation if your fingers are dry is not a good idea. The clit is more sensitive than the underside of a guy's penis, apparently.

Good rule of thumb: make sure you're fingers aren't dry before they go anywhere NEAR her clit/pussy.

Also, besides myself, maybe 2-3 of you have actually done anything like this before..."

-Daniel Beauchamp

FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000)
    "you shouldn't go so low" - skinny old guy who half-squats 185lbs with a belt and knee wraps

Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chokenpuke is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Resistance training is also one of the best ways to improve blood lipid profiles.
    Would you cite a source for this, please? This is relevant to my interests.

Maybe only a little, but the benefits by far outweigh the possible negative. Resistance training benefits the cardiovascular system in a few ways the main one being its effect on the ejection strength that the heart gains. Because of it the diastolic pressure will decrease because the myocardium can enter a much deeper stage of relaxation after contraction (running will increase stoke volume while resistance training is the best way to actually strengthen the heart).

Overall muscle mass also benefits the entire vascular system by allowing a relax able tissue to surround the vessels. This will decrease overall blood pressure. Adipose tissue will constantly compress vessel walls especially when body fat percentages start to get out of control.

In my opinion weight training is one of the best things you can do for your cardiovascular system and I do not believe I have ever heard a health practitioner or physiologist say that left ventricular hypertrophy (brought on by any kind of exercise) could ever really have a downside to it.

Once again not arguing because I see where you are coming from, but I don't think it places any legitimate worry in the health field.

Reps for the convo though I looked up some things that had slipped my mind for a little while.
    Yeah I agree with you on it not being a big concern just a side note as there are plenty of strength athletes who toss around ridiculous weights every day with perfectly healthy hearts. It was just something I remembered from an exercise phys class. In point one the actual size of the ventricle increases allowing for more total volume where in point 2 the heart wall thickens while the inside of the ventricle itself isn't expanding so the wall increase leads to a volume decrease but its probably counteracted by the increase in stroke volume from the stronger heart wall.

Originally Posted by Chokenpuke View Post

I can try to find a legit source online, but most everything I have been referring to has been in my textbooks. When the body is in a resting state (which is most of the time) then fats are going to be the primary body fuel and one of the main fuels is blood triglycerides. The more muscle one possesses the more energy it will need at rest. This in turn can supposedly help improve blood lipid profiles. Please don't take my word for this yet as I am just going off the top of my head and trying to remember what the book said (do not have it with me at the moment). Even I have to say this looks somewhat brosciencey right now so I will try to find the legit explanation later.

I will talk to my professor later and see if there are any good online sources I can post.

Edit: Arlecchino is a bookworm/nerd on this topic. Maybe he can help me out
    Last edited by Entkommen115; 11-12-2009 at 08:31 AM.

-Daniel Beauchamp

KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Blenderate View Post
    I just remembered this from a long time ago. I was deadlifting, and some kid came up to me, about 17 years old. He said, "I don't deadlift because I don't want to become sterile. Aren't you worried about that?"

W. T. F.
    Epic.

Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Chokenpuke View Post
    I have also heard that resistance training, and also things such as interval work at a high intensity (like sprinting) have a positive effect on blood lipids. I also don't have a source.
    My workout log as I progress towards a world-class raw powerlifting total:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118490371

Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "You don't don't want to get hemorrhoids do you?"

"At the top of the deadlift, shug your shoulders and that will increase your strength" I am not sure if this is useful in Olympic weightlifting but I doubt it is of any use to a Powerlifter.

"You should have your legs closer or your hips will break in half" ...using a comparison to a building as anecdotal evidence.

All these golden tips from a guy who used to be a wrestler who used to know a guy who used to be an Olympic weightlifter way back when.

Roniman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=ShutUpAndSquat;408348311]i rarely get advice from anyone at my gym...and when i do, it's actually good stuff that i didn't think about before.

(sorry if i'm cramping this thread's style)[/QUOTE)

I get the old "your going to break your back" when I do deadlifts, usually form jealous popele who I call the "chest back and arm" dudes. "That'll **** your back dude", "thats too hard on your knees...chest time again." But I always listen to what people have to say and consider everything carefully. Advice led me to everyhting I know!

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "don't touch you're chest when benching because all that does is hyperextend your pecs"
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dunno if it qulifies as advice, but random middle-aged guys used to come up to me when deadlifting to tell me the y could deadlift xlbs back in the day
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110608191

"But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle ? victorious" - Vince Lombardi

iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No one has actually given me advice in the gym. And I would probably walk out if someone would. Only 14 year old teen and old men, that ask me for advice.

But the dumbest thing I see is soccer players squatting and only going 1/4 or 1/3 the way down and people that only move there back on cable rows.

Scha4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scha4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scha4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scha4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scha4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scha4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scha4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scha4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scha4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scha4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Scha4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Roniman View Post
    Advice led me to everyhting I know!
    Outstanding, repped.
    365x5/345/495 at 198

Cutting to 180 now

Originally Posted by allergic2rice View Post
    "don't touch you're chest when benching because all that does is hyperextend your pecs"
    Those are my favorite quotes. When people toss in random anatomical terminology to PROVE they know exactly what they are talking about.

Oh bent rows? Those are really good for proximal abduction of the uhh distal scapula, its also a muscle LENGTHENING exercise so you know its good.

(not a real quote but I wouldn't be surprised if it has been uttered before)

Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yesterday I was told to AT LEAST max out once a week. (talking about deadlifts)
    All Time WR Squat: 785 @ 220 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GtHNRdHeM
    Powerlifting Coach At Complete Human Performance (www.completehumanperformance.com)
    WongStwongTraining@gmail.com

swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000)
    My mom is constantly trying to convince me that protien powder is what makes me fat.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one most responsive to change.

K11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) K11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Recently some guy at the gym told me that I shouldn't squat with a belt, as it injured his back twice and would ruin mine as well. I told him I would take my chances, but what I SHOULD have said was, "oh, I was under the impression that attempting to squat more weight than you are capable of doing with proper form led to injuries", as he had the bar loaded with 315 and struggled with a ROM of about 3-4".
    The only thing worse than having a bad plan, is having no plan.

If you're doing it right, it never gets any easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9rZwNGU

behind the bamboo curtain RAGS_21's Avatar
    RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by someonefat View Post
    could be honest mistake, also shouldn't bash someone just for lifting less weight.
    I'm not bashing, just saying that sometimes critiquing can be more annoying than intended.
    "The next time someone tells you that you can't be lean and big and strong, all simultaneously, slap them dead in the mouth, rape their girlfriend, and then go lift something heavy."

workout journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127041211

dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RAGS_21 View Post
    I'm not bashing, just saying that sometimes critiquing can be more annoying than intended.
    He was dead wrong either way. His weakness just reinforced that.

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was doing Pendlay Rows with perfect form. Some do gooder comes up and tells me that I'm doing it wrong and I was going to injure my back because I was doing it incorrectly. He then preceded to demonstrate a regular row, then went off to the cable/resistance row equipment and preceded to do those.

Now I welcome all advice related to form, but I had good form and he just didn't know what kind of lift I was doing.

Originally Posted by guest89 View Post
    I was doing Pendlay Rows with perfect form. Some do gooder comes up and tells me that I'm doing it wrong and I was going to injure my back because I was doing it incorrectly. He then preceded to demonstrate a regular row, then went off to the cable/resistance row equipment and preceded to do those.

Now I welcome all advice related to form, but I had good form and he just didn't know what kind of lift I was doing.
    That's when you say woah woah woah what exercise do you think I'm doing right now? When they say exactly what you think they are thinking you go no that's not it at all, thanks but I'll continue doing the exercise I was intending to do today. Some one told me I was deadlifting wrong when I was doing rack pulls. He tells me all about back injuries and why greater rom is always better. so I ask him what federation he competes in. I told him I was doing them to get my back stronger so when I do max deadlifts I don't fold up like a lawn chair, and that any half assed search will have 1 million hits for the phrase rack pull.