Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Squatting form?

signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squatting form?

i hate squatting. i'm doing it right so it's not that it hurts but im just not good at it. i struggle to get to parallel, even with lightweight on there. my legs have always been pretty strong but squatting is just not my thing. should i use a smith machine to work on my form or should i just stick with the squat rack?
    ISSA CFT

V1sual B1nary has a spectacular aura about. (+250) V1sual B1nary has a spectacular aura about. (+250) V1sual B1nary has a spectacular aura about. (+250) V1sual B1nary has a spectacular aura about. (+250) V1sual B1nary has a spectacular aura about. (+250) V1sual B1nary has a spectacular aura about. (+250) V1sual B1nary has a spectacular aura about. (+250) V1sual B1nary has a spectacular aura about. (+250) V1sual B1nary has a spectacular aura about. (+250) V1sual B1nary has a spectacular aura about. (+250) V1sual B1nary has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wouldnt use the smith, thats all i have and you cant get proper form on it
    Other goals:
    Close the COC #3
    Get up to 220 LBS

I rep good posts

1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Work on your felxibility with just the 45lb bar, correct technique before going heavy.
    Stick to the basics, heavy compund lifts, some isolation work and a hell of a lot of food and rest!

EatUnion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatUnion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatUnion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatUnion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatUnion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EatUnion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try BB hack squats.

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well obviously you have no understanding of form.

Legd have alwayt been pretty strong? Your legs will never be strong.

Bad enough you can squat, and you dont like it, but you even think of substituting the most basic fundamental lift with something on that piece of ****?

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just thought Id make public that this guy negged me with something along the lines of 'Im an excersise major'

When you dont understand something as basic as a squat, and when you are stupid enough to willingly substitute on such a silly machine like the smith. It really makes me question what the hell you are learning.

Ill take 2 million years of human evolution and natural biomechanics combined with real training over what ever the hell toning and firming excersises your doing.

Squats are the most important lift, hands down, no argument, not bench, not dead lift, not functional training on a ****ing bosuball doing woodchops to strengthen the core. SQUATS

Do you deadlift at least? Or did you find a machine for that to..

Dont call me child, little boy, it doesnt pay to be corrected by someone my age.

SHUT UP AND SQUAT
    Last edited by Big_fuzzy; 08-11-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Big_fuzzy View Post
    I just thought Id make public that this guy negged me with something along the lines of 'Im an excersise major'

WHen you dont understand something as basic as a squat, and when your stupid enough to willingly substitute on such a silly machine like the smith. It really makes me question what the hell you are learning.

Ill take 2 million years of human evolution and natural biomechanics combined with real traiing over what ever the hell toning and firming excersises your doing.

Do you deadlift at least? Or did you find a machine for that to

Dont call me child little boy, it doesnt pay to be corrected by someone my age.
    Haha.

Even though I prefer Single-Legged DBs over the typical BB Squats... Repped.

gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

WHen you dont understand something as basic as a squat, and when your stupid enough to willingly substitute on such a silly machine like the smith. It really makes me question what the hell you are learning.

Ill take 2 million years of human evolution and natural biomechanics combined with real traiing over what ever the hell toning and firming excersises your doing.

Do you deadlift at least? Or did you find a machine for that to

Dont call me child little boy, it doesnt pay to be corrected by someone my age.
    strong bump, while he may doubt you, your prob. one of the most knowledgable formwise on this board, I'll take someones experiance over age anyday
    There is no reason to live if you cannot do the deadlift

big fuzzy and tator squat to much..... not

___________________ teenage_guru's Avatar
    teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    stick with it man

you'l be the happiest man alive onece you can get your form down

EDIT: OP, just a hint, down f u @ k with Fuzz
    Solitude is a hard-one ally, faithful and patient; yeah, i think i know you.....

Thanks go to Thickmass for the festive avatar!

Thanks go to Carmen for the idea of thanking Thickmass in my sig!

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    the op got put down hard by big fuzz

___________________ teenage_guru's Avatar
    teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ThatArmyKid View Post
    the op got put down hard by big fuzz
    looks like he's dissapeared!
    Solitude is a hard-one ally, faithful and patient; yeah, i think i know you.....

Thanks go to Thickmass for the festive avatar!

Thanks go to Carmen for the idea of thanking Thickmass in my sig!

Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shoo Head will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by teenage_guru View Post
    stick with it man

you'l be the happiest man alive onece you can get your form down

EDIT: OP, just a hint, down f u @ k with Fuzz
    What does that mean?

I understand shoo, thts just a preference thing wich I can deal with *twich*

I like squats because of the sheer whole body brutality, single leg DB squats are more of a focused leg excersise.

and i did a little edit boys... i have shocking grammer.

FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey bigfuzzy, why do you think squats > dl?

gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FROGGBUSTER View Post
    hey bigfuzzy, why do you think squats > dl?
    Deadlifts are #1 one to me, but squats are a close 2nd, oh wait, I'm not Big Fuzzy

Forgot to ask, hows the olifting going?

5 months ago I would have been the other way around.

but doing some study of human anatomy and doing nothing but squats over and over as an oly lifter has awoken me.

Squats activate more muscles. and just the very motion itself, its such a better thing overall.

Perfect deadlift form, regardless, is not really that natural, if anything a sumo deadlift/squat would be the best lift. with the ass down in thw squat, but the load carried in between the legs, as if you were picking up something.

papasandbeer is not very helpful. (-500) papasandbeer is not very helpful. (-500) papasandbeer is not very helpful. (-500) papasandbeer is not very helpful. (-500) papasandbeer is not very helpful. (-500) papasandbeer is not very helpful. (-500) papasandbeer is not very helpful. (-500) papasandbeer is not very helpful. (-500) papasandbeer is not very helpful. (-500) papasandbeer is not very helpful. (-500) papasandbeer is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by signals View Post
    i hate squatting. i'm doing it right so it's not that it hurts but im just not good at it. i struggle to get to parallel, even with lightweight on there. my legs have always been pretty strong but squatting is just not my thing. should i use a smith machine to work on my form or should i just stick with the squat rack?

WORK on your form, do wall squats and just practise with weight thats ALOT lower (as long as u can get parralel). what it was for me was my body wasnt used to getting that low but after a couple weeks of wall squats, power pulls, bar squatting and such my body got used to it.

James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000)

When you dont understand something as basic as a squat, and when you are stupid enough to willingly substitute on such a silly machine like the smith. It really makes me question what the hell you are learning.

Ill take 2 million years of human evolution and natural biomechanics combined with real training over what ever the hell toning and firming excersises your doing.

Squats are the most important lift, hands down, no argument, not bench, not dead lift, not functional training on a ****ing bosuball doing woodchops to strengthen the core. SQUATS

Do you deadlift at least? Or did you find a machine for that to..

Dont call me child, little boy, it doesnt pay to be corrected by someone my age.

SHUT UP AND SQUAT

Put that bloke in his fken place man! Will rep u on recharge.

It's hard enough having people bag out squats in real life, but I thought that everyone on this forum would have a basic level of knowledge and know that you should do ur squats!! (and leave the smith machine alone haha)

Originally Posted by gobbles View Post
    Deadlifts are #1 one to me, but squats are a close 2nd, oh wait, I'm not Big Fuzzy

Forgot to ask, hows the olifting going?
    O lifting is humbling. I managed a 200pound OH squats but god these lifts are humbling.
    Technique is coming along really well and Im feeling much better under the bar.

jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Shut Up And ****ing Squat!!!

I hate it everytime I see another thread saying how so and so hates squats,or squats hurt,or what the hell ever else.Look unless you have some prolonging injury that keep you from doing so ****IN SQUAT!If you just cant handle the work of getting your form down and pushing yourself to do it then this aint for you.Take up chess or something,join the debate team,hell I don't know.The title says it all you pussy, SHUT UP AND ****ING SQUAT!!!

p.s.-there is no full substitute for barbell squats.
    We the type of crew, to get fresh just to sit in the living room.-Bill O'Reilly

Kuchi Kopi Alliance

signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jmt_5993hd View Post
    I hate it everytime I see another thread saying how so and so hates squats,or squats hurt,or what the hell ever else.Look unless you have some prolonging injury that keep you from doing so ****IN SQUAT!If you just cant handle the work of getting your form down and pushing yourself to do it then this aint for you.Take up chess or something,join the debate team,hell I don't know.The title says it all you pussy, SHUT UP AND ****ING SQUAT!!!

p.s.-there is no full substitute for barbell squats.
    Wanna grow up anytime soon? you f*ckin kids these days are mouthy a$$holes. Actually i do have a bad back from riding motocross. Maybe your parents should have taught you, "If you have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all." Construcitive criticism is one thing but you're just downright rude. Where do you get off calling someone years older than you a pussy? Whatever, you'll get what you have coming... Maybe as you get a little older you'll learn some respect kid...
    ISSA CFT

To the rest of you who have something to say, don't waste your time because it means nothing to me. Just so everyone knows, I have deadlifted and squatted for years and no longer can because i hurt my back riding motocross. For those of you who read this thread and get so mad that you feel like you have to make an immature and negative post, find something better to do with your time, perhaps SQUATTING!
    ISSA CFT

Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    damn fuzzy knows his sh!t! I didnt know he had such strong word skills, and at 15 too. And anyways to the OP, stop bitching and learn to squat, and then SQUAT edit: no excuses, my back is bad from dirt bike riding and such. Wahhhh do it anyways
    Last edited by Thaigga; 08-12-2007 at 08:39 AM.
    275lb atg front squat / 235lb paused bench (in comp) / 445lb Conventional Deadlift using mixed grip/chalk/belt (in comp) / Deadlift-425x3 using a hook grip + chalk / BP low-bar back squat 335x2 & 315x4 & 350x1 (in comp)

A tree with a thin trunk can only make branches so big -me

Won 1st place at my first powerlifting comp!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!1

this thread is over 2 months old, it had its time, its moments that made us laugh, learn, love, and cry, but it had its time, its time for it to die

*plays bagpipe song*

cr0nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr0nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr0nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr0nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr0nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr0nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr0nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr0nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like how you're telling a 15 year old that hes a kid, and seem to be upset about all these "kids" talking **** about you. Yet you post in the Teen forum...

Back on topic

I would just stick with the rack, even if its low.

Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by signals View Post
    To the rest of you who have something to say, don't waste your time because it means nothing to me. Just so everyone knows, I have deadlifted and squatted for years and no longer can because i hurt my back riding motocross. For those of you who read this thread and get so mad that you feel like you have to make an immature and negative post, find something better to do with your time, perhaps SQUATTING!
    Your original post says otherwise...you're just trying to get out of it because you got owned by fuzzy...

Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i still think deadlift is the number 1 exercise. Only because im really good at them
    275lb atg front squat / 235lb paused bench (in comp) / 445lb Conventional Deadlift using mixed grip/chalk/belt (in comp) / Deadlift-425x3 using a hook grip + chalk / BP low-bar back squat 335x2 & 315x4 & 350x1 (in comp)

CAE2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    squat > All other excercises

end thread.

Originally Posted by CAE2008 View Post
    squat > All other excercises

end thread.
    says the guy whos been here for 1 day... squats come in as a close second for me, but who knows i can only front and zercher squats

Originally Posted by Chris_1990 View Post
    Your original post says otherwise...you're just trying to get out of it because you got owned by fuzzy...
    It actually doesn't; and no smart mouth, disrespectful person will ever own me!
    ISSA CFT