Thread: Can I do KETO?

jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Can I do KETO?

Ok, I am really close to starting this keto, but I HATE most vegetables. I like green beans, corn and potatoes, and salads. I cant stand broccoli, asparagus, those nasty lil balls of green things that look like the jolly green giants testicles. I do like leafy spinach, but cooked spinach makes me heave. So... My question is, with only liking those veggies, can I successfully be on KETO?? Another thing... There is something about eggs I can't get past, mainly the texture. I suppose I could choke them down (I eat them now but sandwich them between either pieces of bread, or a biscuit) If I dont include eggs ALOT, can I still do this diet?

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I answered this the first time I saw it.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I answered this the first time I saw it.
    Ha, I wasn't sure the best place to put it, so I thought I would try a few different places.... THANK YOU FOR THE ANSWER!! I repped you

LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LMG462 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am in the same boat as you. I don't like many vegetables, the ones I like most are not allowed on keto. I also hate eggs. However, this diet is still working for me. This website has helped a lot with ideas, genaw(dot com)/lowcarb/ good luck!

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    get over it and eat vegetables....
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    get over it and eat vegetables....
    constructive thanks....

If I did I would literally throw up. I have tried. Like I said, it isn't the taste. The texture is like nails on a chalkboard that I am trying to chew.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, I hear that crying every day from my wife. You get the same response. Does anyone think that a bodybuilder LIKES eating chicken 5 times a day?
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hated veggies growing up as a kid, but keto seriously made me begin loving them. When i did a standard moderate carb/high protein/low fat body builder diet I ate very little of them...I mean i would get full enough with the meat serving and brown rice, why spend extra time making broccoli if i wasn't even going to enjoy it that much...but with keto, meat is so lonely on my dish that to fill myself up I began filling my plate with veggies (more and more as i began to enjoy em). Now i seriously feel guilty if i don't have any for the day and my taste pallete begins to miss them if i go without for too long.

To get started, find what veggies (green leafy/low carb ones) you ejnoy and eat them as much as you can with your keto diet...eventually you'll get sick of the same veggies and might get daring at trying newer veggies to keeping it fresh (that's how i discovered Asparagus...never had it in my life coming from a mexican family lol).

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    spinach and romaine are good. I use the liquid egg whites with whey. yea you can do the diet if you want to bad enough....try it....it'll change your life.

Yeah, I hear that crying every day from my wife. You get the same response. Does anyone think that a bodybuilder LIKES eating chicken 5 times a day?
    wow, lucky woman!
    I was looking for something constructive, which you are obviously not able to offer. But thanks for you time

Originally Posted by schismatik View Post
    I hated veggies growing up as a kid, but keto seriously made me begin loving them. When i did a standard moderate carb/high protein/low fat body builder diet I ate very little of them...I mean i would get full enough with the meat serving and brown rice, why spend extra time making broccoli if i wasn't even going to enjoy it that much...but with keto, meat is so lonely on my dish that to fill myself up I began filling my plate with veggies (more and more as i began to enjoy em). Now i seriously feel guilty if i don't have any for the day and my taste pallete begins to miss them if i go without for too long.

To get started, find what veggies (green leafy/low carb ones) you ejnoy and eat them as much as you can with your keto diet...eventually you'll get sick of the same veggies and might get daring at trying newer veggies to keeping it fresh (that's how i discovered Asparagus...never had it in my life coming from a mexican family lol).
    thanks for the input, I really do appreciate it!!!

Originally Posted by jar_lou View Post
    wow, lucky woman!
    I was looking for something constructive, which you are obviously not able to offer. But thanks for you time
    Either your gonna eat or your not, its pretty hard to be constructive when the issue is so black and white

pwillems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Agree this may seem a little harsh... but tend to agree. I don't think you can become a successful dieter or bodybuilder until you stop thinking of food in terms of enjoyment and look at it simply as fuel. My dinner plates usually look a little odd, 'cause the last meal of the day is about getting my macros for the day spot on, not pleasing my palate. People on this forum commonly choke down a glass of olive oil just to get their macros right, couldn't do it myself, but kudos to those that can.

Damn, I just finished a couple weeks of egg fasting. Don't like eggs, never have... try eating nothing but eggs for days on end. and the simple thought of another one will make you dry reach... but the results are there, so I'll do it for as long as it is working for me.

pwillems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pwillems View Post
    Agree this may seem a little harsh... but tend to agree. I don't think you can become a successful dieter or bodybuilder until you stop thinking of food in terms of enjoyment and look at it simply as fuel. My dinner plates usually look a little odd, 'cause the last meal of the day is about getting my macros for the day spot on, not pleasing my palate. People on this forum commonly choke down a glass of olive oil just to get their macros right, couldn't do it myself, but kudos to those that can.

Damn, I just finished a couple weeks of egg fasting. Don't like eggs, never have... try eating nothing but eggs for days on end. and the simple thought of another one will make you dry reach... but the results are there, so I'll do it for as long as it is working for me.
    If you want to be successful in this, start thinking of yourself as an elite and do whatever it takes to achieve your goals. You can live a happy healthy life indulging in a bit of ice cream for desert each night and a bucket of hot chips once in a while, but you will be an average Joe, never a ripped body builder.

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jar_lou View Post
    Ok, I am really close to starting this keto, but I HATE most vegetables. I like green beans, corn and potatoes, and salads. I cant stand broccoli, asparagus, those nasty lil balls of green things that look like the jolly green giants testicles. I do like leafy spinach, but cooked spinach makes me heave. So... My question is, with only liking those veggies, can I successfully be on KETO?? Another thing... There is something about eggs I can't get past, mainly the texture. I suppose I could choke them down (I eat them now but sandwich them between either pieces of bread, or a biscuit) If I dont include eggs ALOT, can I still do this diet?
    I despise veggies too for the most part. But I manage to eat a lot of salads, many with spinach, so I still get fiber, plus I eat a lot of bell peppers. The more different colors you get in the better. As for the other veggies, you can fit in the corn and the peas but you have to keep the amounts really small so that they fit into your macros. And if you're going to cut way back on veggies, make sure you're taking a mulitivitamin.