Page 58 of 122 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 3640
    Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is not a zero carb diet, it's low carb, and you should be eating lots of green veg. If you have half your plate piled with spinach and broccoli, you won't feel you are eating too much meat. Skip the orange, load up on green beans or avocado or cauliflower or cabbage or lettuce or celery etc.

Feeling crap the first few days is normal.

Your calories might be a little on the high side, unless you are sure about your maintenance. But your fat is high, so just ease up on the mayo and you'll be fine.

Try eating more real food and less protein powders. Eggs are a great breakfast/
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

kimokalihi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    This is not a zero carb diet, it's low carb, and you should be eating lots of green veg. If you have half your plate piled with spinach and broccoli, you won't feel you are eating too much meat. Skip the orange, load up on green beans or avocado or cauliflower or cabbage or lettuce or celery etc.

Feeling crap the first few days is normal.

Your calories might be a little on the high side, unless you are sure about your maintenance. But your fat is high, so just ease up on the mayo and you'll be fine.

Try eating more real food and less protein powders. Eggs are a great breakfast/
    Thanks. I didn't eat any mayo. I don't like mayo, it grosses me out unless in very small thinly spread quantities mainly just to keep the bread on my sandwhiches from being too dry.

I eat a lot of calories because I want to get big. The first 6 months I worked out I didn't gain 1 pound. Probably 2 or 3 months of it was with no supplements too. Then I started taking protein and still didn't gain weight. So I read a couple books and a lot online and figured out my diet was a joke. Not only was it terrible health wise but it was not nearly enough food which was why my body was refusing to spare any calories for muscle growth.

After I started eating like crazy til I got sick basically I quickly started to gain muscle and fat at about 2:1 ratio muscle to fat. Put on about 15 lbs in 3 months.

That's why I've been eating a lot of calories. I'm now at 178lbs and I still want to be a minimum of 200lbs if not 210 at 6ft tall.
    "Lieing is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off."

CaptainRon19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay I'd like some feedback on the Keto Diet that I recorded on paper today, all the important figures are enclosed:

Meal #1
    2 Eggs (fried)
    5 Bacon Strips

Calories: 315
    Fat: 24g
    Carbs: 2g
    Protein: 24.5g

Meal #2
    2 Cajun Sausages

Calories: 380
    Fat: 28g
    Carbs: 4g
    Protein: 26g

Meal #3
    1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
    Tuna (Can)
    Mayo (1 Tbsp)

Calories: 320
    Fat: 16.5g
    Carbs: 6g
    Protein: 38g

Meal #4
    Cheddar Cheese (1 Slice)
    BH Buffalo Chicken (2 Slices)

Calories: 240
    Fat: 8g
    Carbs: 0g
    Protein: 18g

Meal #5
    1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
    Cheddar Cheese (1 Slice)
    BH Roast Beef (2 Slices)

Calories: 360
    Fat: 11g
    Protein: 34g

Post Football Game Treat :-D
    1 Bud Light

Calories: 315
    Fat: 0g
    Carbs: 6.6g
    Protein: 0.9g haha, god bless beer, totally a sick source of protein!

Meal #6
    Natural Peanut Butter (2 Tbsp)

Calories: 200
    Fat: 16g
    Protein: 7g

Daily Total *Please let me know if I fudged my math! I rounded numbers up, no big deal*

Calories: 1,925
    Fat: 103.5g
    Carbs: 31g
    Protein: 149g
    How does this look as far as a Keto Diet is concerned? Is that too few/too many carbs? Keep in mind that this was my first official Keto Diet day. Please let me know if I am approaching it correctly.

My goal is ultimately to get cut, and there will be toning in the process as I'm really only doing cardio and going through the motions when I hit the weights, aka I'm not trying to bulk up.

I'm 5'10-11" and currently weigh 205 lbs (FAT!), over the next 6 months I plan on getting back to my ideal 160-165 lbs. The amount of protein I consumed should be right on the money because my lean body mass is somewhere in the range of 135-145.

So again I ask, are my carbs too high or too low, and keep in mind that once I get into the swing of my lifting routine I will be having a carb laden protein shake afterwards so please let me know how my diet will change/shift on lifting days with the addition of said shake. Also, how does my fat intake look? Too high or low? What about my calorie intake? Is it too low for weight loss at this point in time? Or should I be trimming it more?

Please feel free to leave insightful feedback. I really don't know that much about Keto and I can't emphasize enough how badly I want to do it correctly and have it work for me.
    I like stuff.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Let's see, you have beer but absolutely no vegetables??? FAIL.

Come on. You know that keto is about eggs, meat, fish and lots of green veg. Post workout, you have a whey shake. NOT BEER.

31g of carbs would be fine if they were coming from broccoli, spinach, lettuce, celery and green beans. Coming from sausage, buffalo wings, peanut butter and beer, absolutely not.

You don't need a "carb laden" shake. 30g of whey and about 10g of dextrose is plenty.

CaptainRon19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Let's see, you have beer but absolutely no vegetables??? FAIL.

Come on. You know that keto is about eggs, meat, fish and lots of green veg. Post workout, you have a whey shake. NOT BEER.

31g of carbs would be fine if they were coming from broccoli, spinach, lettuce, celery and green beans. Coming from sausage, buffalo wings, peanut butter and beer, absolutely not.

You don't need a "carb laden" shake. 30g of whey and about 10g of dextrose is plenty.
    Don't sell me short Eileen, it wasn't buffalo wings, it was boars head buffalo chicken from the deli, hardly better but still. And of course you are right I should get more veggies, I just don't have any at the moment, I need to run to the store. And the beer was a post football game thing, me and some friends went to get a beer afterwards. I opted for a bud light because I know how light they actually are. I wasn't implying that it was a source of carbs, I was simply noting it.

Anyways, what are some good veggies to get to eat on the reg for this keto diet?
    I like stuff.

No shortage of good keto veg. Avocado, aubergine, asparagus, broccoli, bokchoy, brussel sprouts, beet greens, courgette, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, celery, dandelion, fennel, green beans, garlic, leeks, kale, lettuce, mangetout, mushrooms, spring onions, baby sweetcorn, radish, rhubarb, pumpkin, pepper, olives, nettles, turnip tops, watercress, spinach........

kimokalihi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Shouldn't you be eating more protein than 150g a day?

Alcohol kills testosterone levels, boosts cortisol levels (cortisol breaks down muscle) and messes up your sleeping patterns. I'd say avoid alcohol as much as possible if you want your workouts to mean anything.
    "Lieing is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off."

ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Blindfaith View Post
    that carb or protein drink could put u out of ketosis....which is a no no!
    I don't agree. The protein wouldn't do that. Only if you add carbs.
    I have done this now for two weeks blind and am halfway my first carb up.
    During the two weeks, I had a PWO, consisting of optimum Whey with water. Although I have no Ketostix yet, The taste in my mouth and confirmation by my mirror, calipers and scale suggest I have been doing well.

No milk, however in the normal PWO's... and definitely not the Dextrose blocks I use right before the PWO after the depletion workout.

ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kimokalihi View Post
    Shouldn't you be eating more protein than 150g a day?

Alcohol kills testosterone levels, boosts cortisol levels (cortisol breaks down muscle) and messes up your sleeping patterns. I'd say avoid alcohol as much as possible if you want your workouts to mean anything.
    Also, alcohol provides the body with 7 Calories per gram and will be processed FIRST by the liver and thus stalls fat-burning.
    During this period-->No ketosis

GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So how much fat? I always recommend starting out with a 500 calorie deficit from your maintenance calories. If you don’t know, it is usually 15 times body weight (full body weight here) depending on an individuals metabolic rate. So here, the example would need 3000 calories a day to maintain weight, and 2500 calories to begin fat loss.

2500 minus 640 (protein calories) is 1860 which works out to be around 206 fat grams a day. Now as you go deeper into the diet, and find the need to restrict calories more, you must cut fat calories, not protein.
    I must be missing something here. How did you come up with 206g of fat? I dont see an equation that explains how you came to that number.

Also...

"Your "carb-up" should begin Friday night and last until around midnight Saturday. Now the next important issue to address is how many carbs. Some lucky individuals find that they eat whatever they want for the 24-30 hour time interval and receive perfect glycogen compensation, while others rely on a better statistical number.

What has been recommended by other authors of the CKD is 10-12 grams of carbs per kilogram of lean mass. Again, time to do math. Our example had 160 pounds of lean mass, so divide that by the conversion factor of 2.2, and we get roughly 73 kg."

Where did the conversion factor come from? Is that a set number or is this determined by some other factor?
    Last edited by GaresTaylan; 10-14-2009 at 09:29 AM.
    *Biotivia Bioforge V2
    *CL Green Magnitude
    *CL Orange Triad
    *CL OxiMega
    *EC-EGCG Stack
    *MT Phase 8
    *Prototype 7/11

Originally Posted by GaresTaylan View Post
    I must be missing something here. How did you come up with 206g of fat? I dont see an equation that explains how you came to that number.

Also...

"Your "carb-up" should begin Friday night and last until around midnight Saturday. Now the next important issue to address is how many carbs. Some lucky individuals find that they eat whatever they want for the 24-30 hour time interval and receive perfect glycogen compensation, while others rely on a better statistical number.

What has been recommended by other authors of the CKD is 10-12 grams of carbs per kilogram of lean mass. Again, time to do math. Our example had 160 pounds of lean mass, so divide that by the conversion factor of 2.2, and we get roughly 73 kg."

Where did the conversion factor come from? Is that a set number or is this determined by some other factor?
    2.2lbs = 1kg (approximately) This is a "set" number

GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50) GaresTaylan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ProTec View Post
    2.2lbs = 1kg (approximately) This is a "set" number
    Good to know. Thank you!
    *Biotivia Bioforge V2
    *CL Green Magnitude
    *CL Orange Triad
    *CL OxiMega
    *EC-EGCG Stack
    *MT Phase 8
    *Prototype 7/11

sable4_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sable4_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fitnessman View Post
    chrisg that is correct.

I am a big fan of protein Power Lifesplan by the Eades doctors...A must read I feel.
    Hey fitnessman,
    What do you recommend for macros for myself? I have been doing 60%fat,35% protein and 5% carb. Is this ratio ok for me? I'm 5'5" 22yrs and 130lbs(female). My bf% is about 18-20%. I would like to get to about 120lbs without losing muscle.

Friday afternoon, around two hours before your last workout of the week, eat two to three pieces of fruit. This will get your body/liver ready to start the carb loading and give you some energy for that final, dreadful workout (trust me, during the first few weeks, you will not want to do that final workout, but you must). Then from Friday night until Saturday at midnight or until bed, eat those carbs!
    What types of fruit should I eat after this diet? Will anything work? And are we talking 2-3 orange slices or 2-3 whole oranges (example)?
    *Biotivia Bioforge V2
    *CL Green Magnitude
    *CL Orange Triad
    *CL OxiMega
    *EC-EGCG Stack
    *MT Phase 8
    *Prototype 7/11

A couple of apples or pears or oranges or something similar.

A couple of apples or pears or oranges or something similar.
    Thanks!!
    *Biotivia Bioforge V2
    *CL Green Magnitude
    *CL Orange Triad
    *CL OxiMega
    *EC-EGCG Stack
    *MT Phase 8
    *Prototype 7/11

jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok, I am really close to starting this keto, but I HATE most vegetables. I like green beans, corn and potatoes, and salads. I cant stand broccoli, asparagus, those nasty lil balls of green things that look like the jolly green giants testicles. I do like leafy spinach, but cooked spinach makes me heave. So... My question is, with only liking those veggies, can I successfully be on KETO??

Green beans are a great keto veg, and any sort of spinach is fine. It doesn't have to be cooked. You can experiement with different veg, you are bound to find some you like. Aubergine is a good keto veg, even though it's not green, and it's a great way to get in extra fats. Also avocado, or courgette, or fennell, or peppers, or baby sweetcorn (not the corn on cobs). Rhubarb is technically a vegetable, although it thinks it's a fruit.

Cauliflower is good too. Cook and mash it and eat it with butter or cheese and you won't know it's not spuds.

jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50) jar_lou will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hmmmm.... SO could I just eat a boatload of green beans? The texture of food is what gets me. I find that if I can somehow get it to the point of not being able to FEEL it when I chew i can eat *I know that is strange*

And just to be clear.. Basically stay away from bread and grains right?? Except after a workout at which point carbs are "ok'... My main goal is to cut down about 10 more pounds (I have lost 6 already in about 10 days with my current diet) And bring by BF down, I am not very high now just not where I want to be. I have been lifting/exercising for a solid 2 months now 5 days a week minimum (sporadically for the last 5 years, kids will do that haha), but just recently started to change my diet, like I said about 2 weeks ago at most.

Green beans are fine. You can make soup out of your veggies if you have a problem with the texture. Your little green balls that you hate make an amazing soup when boiled in chicken stock and blitzed in the blender. Sprinkle with a little blue cheese and you won't even know there are vegetables in there.

No bread, no grains, no oatmeal, no fruit, no milk, no sugar, no junk or processed food, no root veg. No tranfats. Bread, grains, root veg, fruit, low fat dairy etc are fine on carb-up, but not on keto days.

Typical keto meals are eggs for breakfast, fish and salad for lunch, steak and veg for dinner, nuts or cheese for snacks, whey after lifting.

Eileen you rock!!!! Thank you!!!

fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thinking of trying this, But I have a limited budget.

This is my usual weekly grocery list, because It is cheap and I like it:

2 3lb bags of frozen chicken breast
    giant bag of frozen broccoli
    3 tubs of cottage cheese
    64 eggs
    oatmeal
    I use whey after workouts

meals usually go:

meal 1
    8 egg whites
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1/2 cup of oatmeal

meal 2
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup broccoli

meal 3(post workout)
    scoop of whey
    1 cup broccoli

meal 5
    6 oz chicken breast
    2 cups broccoli

meal 5
    2 scoops of whey
    1 cup broccoli
    1 tbsp peanut butter

meal 6
    1 cup cottage cheese
    2 cups broccoli

It has been working well alright, but i do a lot of cycling and minor lifting because of a few medical issues that hinder me from lifting heavy and I have had to eliminate doing leg work altogether.

Can I fashion what i already buy into a keto plan? Cut out the oatmeal and eat a ****ton more peanut butter? I have other condiments around that are full fat, I just don't use them.

Losing the oatmeal and eating whole eggs will help a lot. You'll save a fortune on eggs if you are eating 3 whole eggs instead of 8 whites.

Also, don't buy chicken breast unless you get an amazing deal on it. It's the most expensive and least fatty part of the chicken. Thighs are a fraction of the price, and much better for keto. Same with drumsticks. Or even buy a couple of whole chickens and roast them yourself.

Post workout, take whey only, no broccoli, it will slow digestion.

In general, try taking peanut butter with your cottage cheese, to balance the fat and protein.

Cycling on keto should not be a problem unless you are in race training. On a bike, it's very easy to adjust intensity to whatever you need.

Registered User RomanianNatural's Avatar
    RomanianNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) RomanianNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) RomanianNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) RomanianNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) RomanianNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) RomanianNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) RomanianNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) RomanianNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) RomanianNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) RomanianNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) RomanianNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Losing the oatmeal and eating whole eggs will help a lot. You'll save a fortune on eggs if you are eating 3 whole eggs instead of 8 whites.

Also, don't buy chicken breast unless you get an amazing deal on it. It's the most expensive and least fatty part of the chicken. Thighs are a fraction of the price, and much better for keto. Same with drumsticks. Or even buy a couple of whole chickens and roast them yourself.

In general, try taking peanut butter with your cottage cheese, to balance the fat and protein.

Cycling on keto should not be a problem unless you are in race training. On a bike, it's very easy to adjust intensity to whatever you need.
    wow people i had a read on this subject,
    i got to tell you i am new to this type of diet, i been eating clean high protein medium carbs and low fat, little or none saturated,
    now this diet its something else sounds like a pleasure diet
    all my foods taste like ****, cus i cant use fat food without fat taste ****,
    you people sure this works?
    makes ma think ill be a fat b....ard if i start it,
    I was Born with Beast Mode ON

fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fabregas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I hard boil all my eggs and eat the 8 egg whites because its more food and makes me think I'm getting more than I am and don't feel like I need more food. And I get the bags of chicken breasts for $2 each.

Even if i took out the oatmeal I feel that my carb count would still be more than it should be. The cc is 5 g carbs for 1/2 cup that's 20g a day plus the 4g from each cup of broccoli for 24. And 2 tbsp serving of pb is 7g. As is now without the oatmeal I'm over 50. I weigh 150g so I cant go over 68. After the calculation I would need 193g of fat. I have no idea where I would get all that. so far if I kept things the same I would have 18 from the cc, 24 from the pb, if i did 8 whole eggs a day that would be 40. Which all adds up to 82, well over 100g short. HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO THIS without crazy shooting over 500 less than maintenance?

This makes my head hurt.

Don't even bother counting the carbs in green veg. They are so low they are negligible. Cottage cheese does have carbs, but it's low, so unless you eat a ton, it's not a problem. Peanut butter can be a problem from some people. It's delicious, but it's a lot of calories for very little food. Try eating raw almonds instead. Better quality nuts, and lower carbs.

I think i got confused with the myriad of numbers in the first post about the calculations. Does this look right?

I weigh 150lb and 15% bf

maintenance about 2250 so 1750 for the start.

Lean mass = 127lbs
    Calories per day = 1750
    Protein calories per day = 540
    Fat calories per day= 1210
    Protein g per day = 135g(just to go a little higher)
    Fat g per day = 134g

134 is much more manageable than the 193 i had originally calculated. I could easily just add stick of butter into my daily routine and be on my merry way(theoretically).

Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fabregas View Post
    The cc is 5 g carbs for 1/2 cup that's 20g a day plus the 4g from each cup of broccoli for 24. And 2 tbsp serving of pb is 7g. As is now without the oatmeal I'm over 50. I weigh 150g so I cant go over 68. After the calculation I would need 193g of fat. I have no idea where I would get all that. so far if I kept things the same I would have 18 from the cc, 24 from the pb, if i did 8 whole eggs a day that would be 40. Which all adds up to 82, well over 100g short. HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO THIS without crazy shooting over 500 less than maintenance?

This makes my head hurt.
    I had the same question - I looove Cottage cheese and have one cup, or even 1 1/2, that's 10 or 15g of carbs a day. I simply am not ready to give up something that is not unhealthy and not even really that fattening, just to be far under 30g carbs a day. Thanks to Eileen I was encouraged to eat more greens (which I loved anyway) and I realized that this really helped me in body recomposition, because when I was restricting veggies, I automatically binged on high fat foods, because what else is left when you have to limit your carbs and your protein.... FAT ! And I'd end up drenching turkey ham in olive oil, binging on butter, cheese.... well, it made me gain back some of the belly fat I had lost the previous week. All for nothing. I hadn't even enjoyed it as much as the CC and the result was also bad.
    So go ahead, eat your veggies and watch only the carbs in cottage cheese.
    Another tip I can give you:
    Sprinkle fibre like Psyllium over the cottage cheese -this slows down absorption.

PS: I get about 25g of carb/day (if I was to count the veggies ~10g for a huge amount, even including broccoli)
    Last edited by Psyfactor312; 10-30-2009 at 06:03 AM.

Also, don't forget that full fat cottage cheese is lot lower carb than the low fat stuff. Shop around, there are differences. For anyone on this side of the Pond, Lidl full fat cottage cheese has 2g of carbs per 100g. And you can get similar amounts in some of the Polish shops.

jwblack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jwblack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Question

my stats
    180lbs
    dead lifting 300
    bench with dumb bells 100
    leg press 250 (i havent started heavy legs yet)
    row 150 a arm

i have been lifting for 3 months now with 200 grams a day of protein i just started keto 2 days ago no like 100-150 grams protein a day and all my vitamins my bf is like 9-12 percent but i do have a 6 pack in the right light ha

i started my keto two days ago.

i dont think i am getting enough calories cuz i have been just craving food.

i ate

3 scrambled eggs with bacon in it.
    maybe 4 oz steak
    my multi vitamin and zinc, mag, fish oil, BCAA
    and 8oz skim milk

lunch i had a double cheese burger no bun with ranch on it and broccoli

snack i had a whey shake

dinner i had 3 4 oz chicken with cheese and ranch a ton of green beans with butter
    i think 2 small romaine lettuce salads each with one hard boiled full egg or 2

then i had another 6-10 oz skim milk and more lettuce chicken ranch

some almonds and peanuts but not even a full serving

i also had a 220 cal muscle milk

i eat my protein, just about 150 or more grams

my water intake was 1.9 gallons

i had the rest of my vitamins and i only had 30-35 grams of crabs including the liquid protein shakes and the nuts

could someone just LET ME KNOW IF I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG ? THANKS

or is it just my body reacting to the new diet ha

i plan on doing my 1st carb up a day after my brain fog happens. i am only 2 days into the new diet and have already seen me lose maybe a pound but i already and more vascular than before.
    I am going to stick to it for at least 3 weeks and it really is harder than i thought it would be but i want to do it bad
    Last edited by jwblack; 10-30-2009 at 09:25 PM.