andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help: Squats leave scars/marks on back

So I started doing Rippetoe's a couple month ago. Recently my squat has been stalling because the weight has been gradually getting bigger. Now I am getting little marks/scars on my back from where the bars sits. One stretchy mark on each side of the back.

What should I do? Does anybody else get these?

Should I start woking out in t-shirts rather than wife-beaters? Should I lower the weight? Or does it even matter?

dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Deal with it. It wont scar.

Put a t shirt on. No one wants to see your skinny ass in a wife beater.

Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Its totally normal, some people find the 'puss' pad helps

andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andre.krec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dantheman999 View Post
    Deal with it. It wont scar.

Put a t shirt on. No one wants to see your skinny ass in a wife beater.
    appreciate the wife-beater advice but i couldn't care less what other people think. it is much more comfortable for me to work out in a wife-beater. plus i don't consider myself skinny. im 150 but on a 5'6 frame it does not look skinny. I was just wondering if a tshirt will actually help with the problem.

but thanks for the scaring advice.

it seems like its normal, i will just suck it up then.

dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by andre.krec View Post
    appreciate the wife-beater advice but i couldn't care less what other people think. it is much more comfortable for me to work out in a wife-beater. plus i don't consider myself skinny. im 150 but on a 5'6 frame it does not look skinny. I was just wondering if a tshirt will actually help with the problem.

Ok well other than me hating on wife beaters in the gym, wearing a normal shirt would probably solve your problem as well.

mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mikecart1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So I started doing Rippetoe's a couple month ago. Recently my squat has been stalling because the weight has been gradually getting bigger. Now I am getting little marks/scars on my back from where the bars sits. One stretchy mark on each side of the back.

Should I start woking out in t-shirts rather than wife-beaters? Should I lower the weight? Or does it even matter?
    Same thing happens when you go into the standing calf raise machine and have the pads rub against your shoulders. The marks aren't scars. They are broken blood vessels, pressure points that tear the inner epidermis, and marks from pressure. Work out in t-shirts with smoother stitching on the shoulder area. Do not lower the weight. WTF? Are we so worried about a few marks on our skin that go away in days that we will go backwards in our progress to success?!
    Deadlift 520lbs
    Squat 405lbs
    Bench 260lbs

Originally Posted by dantheman999 View Post
    Ok well other than me hating on wife beaters in the gym, wearing a normal shirt would probably solve your problem as well.
    might try that then, see how that works, thanks

THE HEAVY IRON SQUAD,CUZZ ygbodybuilder10's Avatar
    ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

post pic to prove u are not skinny

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)

Yes use t-shirts. You will get used to the feel. I remember the days when I'd have welts that would last for 2 days because of squats. You just have to deal with it. Nobody ever said squats were easy.

Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, I use a pad.
    Witness the Final Days of My Sanity: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144537581

drdre8424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you should try using this blue plastic thing that clips to the bar called a Mantaray, i would use one but this one store i went to wanted like $80, for a piece of plastic!