Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by phigg View Post
    I have to disagree. *Some* ailments are brought on from diet, but not all. there are far too many factors in involved to simply pinpoint one cause, it's too black and white. Let's not overlook simple genetics, for one. Form is another.
    If all problems were caused simply by the modern overprocessing of food, then why is our life expectancy double what it was 2 or 3 hundred years ago, when food was not processed at all? Life was harder then, sure, but also, all the same diseases
    I don't know, I have been diagnosed by a Dr. to have arthritis. I take ACV and it gives me relief I don't know why, but it does. As far as people in the past being ill I would attribute that to hygiene and waste disposal (or lack there of). Why are we not plagued by diseases of the past? Many reasons but a lot can be attributed to indoor plumbing, modern sewer systems, and food preservation. Another reason which can also account for our longer life span is advances in medicine (keeping a sick person alive longer doesn't make them not sick). IMO I think processed foods are bad and that they make our bodies more prone to disease. I agree with you that there are other factors that contribute such as air pollution and the fact that we are surrounded by microwaves, radio waves, and emf's.
    "Before my father died, he said the worst thing about growing old was that other men stopped seeing you as dangerous. I've always remembered that, how being dangerous was sacred, a badge of honor." - Act Of Valor

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Suppliments: Glucosamine/Condroitin/Hyaluronic acid, vit C, Calcium/Magnesium/zinc
    NASAIDS: Aleve (Naprosin) but never for more than 10 days in a row...liver probs
    Relief: Icing
    Quick relief: swimming
    Gym: lighter weights, proper form, higher reps
    Sleep: drop 35 pounds and you will be amazed at how to will be able to adjust during the night to relieve those shoulders.

If this were easy you would have had to stand in line at the gym door and take a number.

Baldie

BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think Jellodirt makes some very valid points. As far as the G&C tabs, I personally found them to offer no relief or benefit... No surprise, searching Google found it to have little if any benefit.

I refuse to take NSAIS just to get temp pain relief if there are other options yet to be explored. ACV liquid by oral ingestion IS WORKING for me. There are claims both for and against it as far as benefits, so I am assuming not everyone extracts the same benefits from everything (point: Creatine), so it would be wise to examine all options.

There was a time that modern medicine was not so modern, such times as the Native American Indian... Im pretty sure they didnt have a special potion to cure Cancer but Im pretty sure they could deal with some more minor medical issues without modern pharmaceuticals. :-)

In the "gym" (I workout at home) I cant be tethered to one type of workout, lower weight and higher reps. I need the stimulation that higher weight and less reps give ALSO to stimulate growth. And form should never be a question, if it is not done right no one should even waste there time doing it.

Im actually thinking, hey... ice, thats pretty good for the RICE treatment of injuries. But my shoulder is not an injury, its either arthritis or bursitis so duct taping an ice bag to my shoulder every day doesn't seam to be practical. I do admit periodic ice would likely help thats more of an injury solution.

Also previously I mentioned that the lady said it was uratic acid build up when it should have said uric acid. (uratic acid is found in the urine).

Cheers all,
    Andrew
    Last edited by BUDTAO; 08-05-2009 at 09:45 AM.
    (Im surrounded by Enternet Ediots)

GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

Mate, you just let the best advise in here slip right by you.

phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000) phigg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jellodirt View Post
    I agree with you that there are other factors that contribute such as air pollution and the fact that we are surrounded by microwaves, radio waves, and emf's.
    That's cool, I was only saying that there are other factors, but wasn't discounting diet either- that too makes a difference, as do all the other things you and I listed.
    It all counts for something.

-
    Regarding ACV:
    I might try it a while just for giggles.. I'm part masochist anyway, I like hot/spicy/burning foods and drinks.
    But I think the main supplements for the OP should be Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, Flaxseed oil, and Hyaluronic acid. They've helped me so far. (I take Animal Flex).
    Calcium might not be a bad idea either, for strong muscles and connective tissue, you also need strong bones.
    Using dry rotted rubber bands for tendons..

BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It also helps eliminate Uric acid deposits which is why it would reduce general soreness.
    http://www.falconblanco.com/health/s...s/applevin.htm

Not that this is the truth to be truth about ACV, but its a decent read for the curious.

HTH,
    Andrew

I plan to get this next payday to research the claims deeper, however my shoulder is starting to feel better now, its been about 4 days back on the liquid (distilled) ACV.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Cider-Vi...9491467&sr=8-5

HTH,
    Andrew

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've read various claims over the years and I'm glad it's helping you with your shoulders. I have no idea if this is a placebo effect or there is a chemical interaction going on.

I did jump on pubmed and found 24 studies relating to apple cider vinegar....none of which substantiated anti inflammatory claims (or other health related claims) by various internet sites.

There was one study that was interesting...

Eso****eal injury by apple cider vinegar tablets and subsequent evaluation of products

"Apple cider vinegar products are advertised in the popular press and over the Internet for treatment of a variety of conditions. After an adverse event was reported to the authors, eight apple cider vinegar tablet products were tested for pH, component acid content, and microbial growth. Considerable variability was found between the brands in tablet size, pH, component acid content, and label claims. Doubt remains as to whether apple cider vinegar was in fact an ingredient in the evaluated products. The inconsistency and inaccuracy in labeling, recommended dosages, and unsubstantiated health claims make it easy to question the quality of the products."

--J Am Diet Assoc. 2005 Jul;105(7):1141-4

I guess its a good thing I buy my ACV from Kroger and not the Enternets. :-)

Andrew

Spiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I developed some nasty shoulder pain on my left side through the spring. I lived with it but it became unbearable. A friend of mine recommended Lakota Joint Care ( lakotaherbs.com?products/jc.html ) and I have to say it is working. It's taken that "firey" feeling away and made things much more bearable. I'm not sure if this is as good as it gets, I'm hoping for even more improvement over time.

I started with 2 pills twice daily for one month and am now on one pill twice daily.

Good luck what ever you do, arthritis is one nasty ailment.