Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: P90X reviews??

Beautiful_gurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Purchased P-90x Today

I was awake at 5:00 am and saw another infomercial for P-90x. . . but this time I went ahead and purchased it. Why? Because I've been complaining about my body for far too long.

I'm a mother and still have a few extra lbs (more like 10) I've been carrying around since my daughter was born . . . she turned nine this year!!! UGH!! I am determined to get these lbs off - once and for all. In addition, to the weight loss I need to get lean and toned. P-90x coupled with a good diet and determination sounds like it'll do the trick!!!!!!

TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) TanTheMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Beautiful_gurl View Post
    I was awake at 5:00 am and saw another infomercial for P-90x. . . but this time I went ahead and purchased it. Why? Because I've been complaining about my body for far too long.

I'm a mother and still have a few extra lbs (more like 10) I've been carrying around since my daughter was born . . . she turned nine this year!!! UGH!! I am determined to get these lbs off - once and for all. In addition, to the weight loss I need to get lean and toned. P-90x coupled with a good diet and determination sounds like it'll do the trick!!!!!!
    Best of luck to you! After about 3 years out of the game, I'm getting ready to start and try out the P90X program as well.

throtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a question for those that have/are doing p90x. I won't go into a long backstory here, just a short version. I used to be in great shape in high school(was #1 seat on the tennis team) and now 2 and 1/2 years into college I am completely out of shape. I started p90x on Monday(2 days ago) and I can really feel it today...

However... I'm in college which basically means I have 0 extra dollars to spend, so I didn't buy p90x, I just downloaded it. I have the workout guide, but I don't have the nutrition guide and a lot of people are saying that is 75% or more of the whole deal. My question is about my diet really, all I generally eat is sandwhiches(ham + cheese + mustard) and sometimes carrots + ranch dressing; and all I drink is bottled water. Will that be suitable for the program... like will I still see pretty good results? I don't really have funds to buy protein shakes/bars/multivitamins, how neccessary are they?

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Difficult question! Of course with any workout routine the most important aspect of your training is the diet. You will reep the benefits of your hard work 10x if you are eating/sleeping correctly. Being in college, I can almost garauntee you that regardless of how hard you try this will be impossible unless you are extremely dedicated. For short, I picked up the nutritional guide on eBay and it was just okay. But for a college student some of the meals would probably be pretty extravagent and the ingredients would likely cost your more money than you can afford.

Based on your age you should be able to get away with just splitting up your meals (6 a day) and trying to eat your best. Things like chicken, tuna, salads, peanuts, fresh vegatables, rice, ect. Any detailed meal plan like P90X's or other bb routines will likely not fit into your schedule and would be too costly. As far as supplements, just stick to a good multivitamin and get most of your nutritional needs through good eating habits. If there is money left over you could supplement with some protein powder/bars and MAYBE the occasional pre-workout/Nitric Oxide/Creatine boost to keep you motivated.

From how difficult the program is alone you will certainly see good results. Just try to stay away from as much beer and wings as possible! Or at least limit it to one cheat day a week.
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 07-29-2009 at 09:53 AM.

Harley1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been doing p90x since the beginning of May (using only Whey Protein).

My routine is simple:

Monday - Chest / back / triceps
    Tuesday - Plyometrics
    Wednesday - Biceps / shoulders
    Thursday - Legs and back
    Sunday - 1.5hr jog

The rest from Friday - Sunday I drink like a fish and party till I drop!

Overall, I actually have noticed a difference on all my body parts except for my legs (muscle wise). I started at 165lbs and I still weight the same, but I've also shrunk my beer belly by a good 2-3 inches.

I could only imagine the difference if I stuck to the complete plan + nutrition guide! But,. I like the finer things in life and I'm happy just being active and looking better then I did in May!
    Last edited by Harley1977; 07-29-2009 at 10:05 AM.

throtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Difficult question! Of course with any workout routine the most important aspect of your training is the diet. You will reep the benefits of your hard work 10x if you are eating/sleeping correctly. Being in college, I can almost garauntee you that regardless of how hard you try this will be impossible unless you are extremely dedicated. For short, I picked up the nutritional guide on eBay and it was just okay. But for a college student some of the meals would probably be pretty extravagent and the ingredients would likely cost your more money than you can afford.

Based on your age you should be able to get away with just splitting up your meals (6 a day) and trying to eat your best. Things like chicken, tuna, salads, peanuts, fresh vegatables, rice, ect. Any detailed meal plan like P90X's or other bb routines will likely not fit into your schedule and would be too costly. As far as supplements, just stick to a good multivitamin and get most of your nutritional needs through good eating habits. If there is money left over you could supplement with some protein powder/bars and MAYBE the occasional pre-workout/Nitric Oxide/Creatine boost to keep you motivated.

Thanks a lot for the advice, most of the stuff you listed is pretty cheap so I think I'll stick to that.

From how difficult the program is alone you will certainly see good results. Just try to stay away from as much beer and wings as possible! Or at least limit it to one cheat day a week.

Haha it will be tough, but I will give it a shot. I love my wings + beer + UFC

Registered User synister_intent's Avatar
    synister_intent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, I just got the program and I'm planning on starting this in a couple weeks. Currently I am looking for a chin up bar that will fit in my doorway, the only problem is that I'm renting an older apartment and the molding above my door is rather large, 7" tall to be exact, does anyone know a chin up bar that will fit this kind of door frame?

DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im 5'9 and about 260 i worked out in high school for football and wrestling but i got lazy and put on about 50 pounds i want to cut off the flab then iwant to worry about gettin bigger muscle wise would p90x be good for me
    GAMERTAG- ANGRYBLKMAN702 lets play sometime

BOOMER SOONER

STL RAMS

log------> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137879233

Lames catch feelings we catch flights JET LIFE JET LIFE

J.E.T.S stand for Just.Enjoy.This $h!t just in case you didnt know

the only thing wrong with your logic is its lacks logic

YujiroHanma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YujiroHanma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YujiroHanma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    DaviMack, yes, it is perfect for you and what you are looking to do.
    I Only Care about 2 Things...My Freaks and My Peaks!

YujiroHanma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YujiroHanma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YujiroHanma has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    synister_intent, the iron gym should work for you, you can pick it up at Wal-Mart fairly cheap.
    I Only Care about 2 Things...My Freaks and My Peaks!

DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaviMack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    my goal is to drop about 60 pounds and i figure following p90x and some lipo 6 should do the trick then once im back into shape i might get bigger just to get leaner but im not trying to get huge ronnie coleman style

BOOMER SOONER

STL RAMS

Bump come on I need help on this 1

BOOMER SOONER

STL RAMS

Harley1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DaviMack View Post
    my goal is to drop about 60 pounds and i figure following p90x and some lipo 6 should do the trick then once im back into shape i might get bigger just to get leaner but im not trying to get huge ronnie coleman style
    p90x is an amazing work out regime to get into shape and slim down.. But the most important part of the program is the diet.. If you do not follow the diet do not expect to see the results you're hoping for.

If you do follow the diet and work extremely hard (follow the program as best you can) you will see the results!

yea ima go with this program for sure i plan to follow it 100% the diet and everything

BOOMER SOONER

STL RAMS

fletch30002000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I ordered this today, and I'm looking forward to trying it for 90 days. I'm in good shape now, although I hope I don't lose too much muscle mass or strength. I was wondering, and I saw someone else ask this with no response, do you think I could use my Bowflex instead of going out and getting the chinup bar and dumbbells? Thanks!

bump

BOOMER SOONER

STL RAMS

thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10) thelemac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ive been using p90x for about a month I am not a small guy. For the past 12+ years I have been lifting big and eating big. I focused on heavy benching,shrugs, deads, squats. I found myself at 304 pounds and looking like someone that has never been to a gym much less frequent one. So time for a change. I am getting old and 304 lbs just hurts, everything is harder.

I use P90x mainly for the aerobic/cardio. When it is chest and back day I do my workout P90 style, just not the same as they do it. An example would be they do regular push-ups followed by pull-ups. I will throw 225 on the flat bench and go until failure. I will then do pull-ups or pull downs until failure. Close grip-push-ups=close grip bench.etc For me the key to the program is doing supersets from a variety of different angles. I have the tape on just to kinda keep track of time and when to switch. I definately get crazy pumps from this. Also get some good bands like bodylastics they can offer some serious resistance as well. For leg day all I do is the treadmill followed by 20-rep squats and stiff-leg deads. Totally different workout than my body is used to. I don't do the Yoga thing-never even watched it. It might work-just not my thing. I will sometimes do the Kempo workout with a heavy bag. High volume and very little rest. Scale is not moving as fast I would like it too but oh well. I am following the P90x diet to a T. First month-16lbs. Hoping to lose at least 10lbs on the second month.

hhagiwara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sorry for reviving this thread, but i had a question regarding the nutrition. Has anyone actually not used the nutrition and gotten good results? i'm not saying i'll be eating mcD's all day.. in fact, ive gotten really good information from the forums on a pretty decent eating regiment and was wondering if i can use that instead? i've lost 20+lbs over the past 6 months thru sprint training and light lifting 3 days a week. i don't want to lose anymore weight and was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on that? if i use p90x, would i be able to keep my weight by eating more but still have decent results not following the nutrition plan?

mrnick8889 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone,
    I'm interested in buying the P90X system, but im not sure if my body will see any results. I have always been very thin, currently 5'10 150 lbs. I'm worried that if I do the p90x challange that i will lose weight which I do not want. If anything I want to end around 160-165lbs. Do you think p90x is right for me?

delicious dogg crapp buddymander's Avatar
    buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You know what? i would really like to come out and say that P90X is nothing but a butch of hype and is stupid and only stupid people use it.

But the fact is that its a damn good program.

Its not perfect, lots of unnecessary **** in it and there are better programs.

But even with those concerns it still beats the living **** out of cardio for fat loss.

I guess it just pisses me off that the people that made and sell the program don't understand scientifically why it works and just blabber about muscle confusion.

But it works and works well and that's all that matters.
    my body is an army and my minds a general. I keep the body in shape and it does what I tell it to do. An army needs discipline, just like a man does. Herschel Walker

p90xmanalive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mrnick8889 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I'm interested in buying the P90X system, but im not sure if my body will see any results. I have always been very thin, currently 5'10 150 lbs. I'm worried that if I do the p90x challange that i will lose weight which I do not want. If anything I want to end around 160-165lbs. Do you think p90x is right for me?
    This will all depend on your diet and eating for size vs. weight loss. This work out is definitely not for everyone, but just because your skinny doesn't mean you can't do it. I would say consider the workouts based on Strength, flexibility, and mindset and ask an expert in nutrition how you can put on pounds while working out this much. Just remember you will need to eat a lot.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Swifty13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which program do I choose

Hi all,

Just purchased P90X the other day and will be starting this Monday (Oct 5th). I'm trying to figure out which program would be the best for me: Classic or Lean.

I'm 35, 5' 10", between 207-212 depending on the day and no idea what my BF% is but wouldn't think it is very good right now.

What I want is to trim down and become more athletic, I don't play football or rugby anymore so I don't need the bigger size. I would really like to be in the low 180's by the new year, but have not been to active the last little while. Would it be better to do the Lean program first then do Classic?

I'm planning to try and do the whole thing to a "T", but I'm sure there will be the odd hicup here and there (3 1/2 yr old and an 8 mnth old).

glenn58 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glenn58 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glenn58 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glenn58 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glenn58 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glenn58 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glenn58 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glenn58 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glenn58 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glenn58 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glenn58 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Classic

Originally Posted by Swifty13 View Post
    Hi all,

Just purchased P90X the other day and will be starting this Monday (Oct 5th). I'm trying to figure out which program would be the best for me: Classic or Lean.

I'm 35, 5' 10", between 207-212 depending on the day and no idea what my BF% is but wouldn't think it is very good right now.

What I want is to trim down and become more athletic, I don't play football or rugby anymore so I don't need the bigger size. I would really like to be in the low 180's by the new year, but have not been to active the last little while. Would it be better to do the Lean program first then do Classic?

I'm planning to try and do the whole thing to a "T", but I'm sure there will be the odd hicup here and there (3 1/2 yr old and an 8 mnth old).

Hey Swifty...I would recommend doing the classic. Your biggest hurdle will be eating well and maintaining a caloric deficit to drop the fat. Eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day and drink at least a gallon of water. A good whey protein and glutamine supplement will go a long way too. P90X will certainly get your weight down with proper diet and you will add lean muscle as well.

To add size you'll need to go to a more traditional lifting routine once you've completed P90X.
    Live Strong...Live Long!

p90xmanalive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with Glen on this. Diet will be your hardest part, but you can make it happen.

Rez90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rez90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rez90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rez90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rez90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rez90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rez90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rez90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rez90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rez90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rez90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    P90X is without question the best thing i've ever done physically. I wrestled for 12 years and i truly don't think i've ever been in this good of overall shape. and thats saying a lot considering my sport.

I am doing P90X+ now and i love it.

Here are my P90X results.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=116985991

Cheers.
    Deez

Terminator734 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Terminator734 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it might work but u can get the same results just by goin to the gym or doing intense home wokout (push ups, sit ups, pull ups ect.)

besides i dont believe in muscle confusion your muscle keeps growing even if you use the same routine for years thos its nice to change if up every couple of months

needchange50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help

Ok so Im a freshmen in college. Im about 5'8 165 I have some fat to lose like love handles. Ive always been decently athletic lettered in football wrestling tennis. Im about to start p90x and I am worried about my diet. Its mandatory for freshmen to eat in the dining halls like have a meal plan so i have to eat crappy cafeteria food. Ive actual lost 10 pounds since ive been in college just eating healthy fruit for breakfast a wrap for lunch and a salad and some meat for dinner also I'm enrolled in Army Rotc program so I have mandatory pt(physical training) three days a week. So im wondering will i still see pretty good results with my diet I don't drink soda only water, and Gatorade after workouts, I drink on weekends sometimes. Im worried my dont wont be good enough to loss fat and actual gain muscle. I wont be takin any supplements either.Any advice?
    Last edited by needchange50; 10-08-2009 at 08:25 AM.

krea8tiv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Great program. I just started and love it!

Originally Posted by whitemagic View Post
    I have to admit that I don't really believe all of the infomercials I see on TV selling life/body changing DVD workouts but someone mentioned that P90X is the real deal and can be extremely effective. Has anyone purchased or tried this? What did you think?

You can look it up on amazon or p90x dot com

Let me know what you think!

Thanks
    I think this is a great program.

1. It is excellent in helping you to establish a disciplined habit of six days a week working out while paying close attention to diet.

2. IMHO - Pull ups and Push up are "outstanding exercises." I use the IronGym Xtreme (half the cost of the P90X bar) for pull ups, and I have a set of push up bars too.

3. The cardio workouts are a blast. I love KenpoX and Plyometrics.

4. I admit I was a bit skeptical about the YogaX, but that left me as soon as I got into it. It works you.

All in all, the first infomercial that I've seen that delivers what it sells.

I plan on purchasing some Bodylastics bands in the future, to mix it up. I currently have dumbbell bars and weight plates.

I just joined this wonderful community and have yet to post my first progress photo. I plan to get that up in the next couple of days.

farisb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm on my 3rd week of P90X and this is the best workout routine I've been on by far. My muscles have never felt so strong. I think its the muscle confusion keeping my muscles from peaking. Also, I just downloaded an APP called i90 Workout on my iPhone. I can record all of my data from the workbook on to this cool little APP. I recommend all P90X users with an iPhone or iPod touch check it out in the App store. Search for i90 workbook or p90x in the app store and you'll find it. Has anybody used the P90X recovery drink? If so, what does it taste like?

Bruce

YIAMSOMEBODY has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) YIAMSOMEBODY has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) YIAMSOMEBODY has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) YIAMSOMEBODY has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) YIAMSOMEBODY has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) YIAMSOMEBODY has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) YIAMSOMEBODY has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) YIAMSOMEBODY has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) YIAMSOMEBODY has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) YIAMSOMEBODY has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) YIAMSOMEBODY has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll be starting tomorrow....

I currently do martial arts and play basketball and definitely want to keep the toned/ripped look. Which is better?

Classic, lean or doubles?

Can someone explain the difference please?

Thanks in advance....
    "ERMUHGAWD Crew"
    "ERMUHGAW LOL...."
    "Oh you, ERMUHGAWD!"