adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Success with Accupunctre?

I am not claiming this IS the super miracle treatment. But for the last year or so I have been battling with Tennis Elbow as well as my arms severely falling asleep at night enough to constantly wake me up. I have had Cortisone injections a few times which did help with the pain but never stopped my arms from falling asleep.

This week I became desperate and really didnt want to get another Cortisone injection because of the side effects so I decided to give Acupuncture a try. Well after the 1st treatment the pain was pretty much gone and my arms havent fallen asleep on me since the first treatment.

Now the Acupuncturist also says he can cure stress, low energy and depression as well helping smokers quit, which seems a little hard to believe to me. But I am curious if anyone else has had any luck with these or any other problem that was resolved with Acupuncture. Thanks in advance!
    What Will You Achieve Today?

joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by adguy View Post
    Now the Acupuncturist also says he can cure stress, low energy and depression as well helping smokers quit, which seems a little hard to believe to me.
    Your caution is warranted. It's a marketing gimmick to increase his patient base. If his technique works so well for these conditions, why isn't he well known and why isn't his method standard practice? (Sorry to splash the ice water of common sense in his face) Glad your tennis inflammation is gone, but if you're stressed and depressed, and considering seeing him for those issues, ask to see peer-to-peer reviewed journal articles showing his technique works. Better yet, IMO go the traditional route and see your doc.

P.S. The most effective way to quit smoking is to quit smoking.
    Last edited by joed; 05-31-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adguy View Post
    I am not claiming this IS the super miracle treatment. But for the last year or so I have been battling with Tennis Elbow as well as my arms severely falling asleep at night enough to constantly wake me up. I have had Cortisone injections a few times which did help with the pain but never stopped my arms from falling asleep.

This week I became desperate and really didnt want to get another Cortisone injection because of the side effects so I decided to give Acupuncture a try. Well after the 1st treatment the pain was pretty much gone and my arms havent fallen asleep on me since the first treatment.

Now the Acupuncturist also says he can cure stress, low energy and depression as well helping smokers quit, which seems a little hard to believe to me. But I am curious if anyone else has had any luck with these or any other problem that was resolved with Acupuncture. Thanks in advance!
    Check out the meridians for acupuncture. I can't remember if it's all of them, but I remember a lot of them follow the nervous system pathways, and since the brain controls everything that goes on in the body, I'd be loath to dismiss any claim out of hand.

Hell, there was even an episode of No Reservations where Tony Bourdain went to...I think it was an accupuncturist. It was either that or a reflexologist...who hit a spot on his foot that opened up his nostrils.

The CNS is an amazing tool if you use it correctly, and the way I see it, it's worth at least one trial. See if he'll give you a freebe, and promise to keep seeing him if it works.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was always a skeptic . . . but after chronic sinus infection issues for years (2 or 3 a year like clockwork for about 8 years) I went to see an accupuncturist on the advice of a friend who had the same issues. I have not had a single sinus infection since the week I saw the accupuncturist--that was 6 years ago.

So do I think there is something to it . . . yes. How far that goes for other ailments, I have no idea but I can't deny that it seems to have worked wonders for me with regard to that particular issue.
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50) ygohome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was a 140 lbs 6ft tall weakling right out of high school. I had acupuncture and now today at 38 I'm 175lbs of pure muscle. lol.

pure bull**** if you ask me

adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) adguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the replies. As it stands to date my arms no longer fall asleep while I am sleeping, the pain in my arm is about 95% gone. Just to give you a little info on what I have done with traditional medicine: Several Cortisone injections, physical therapy, long breaks from the gym, anti-inflammatory medications. The Cortisone seemed to work the best but required me to keep going back about every 3 months which can be very bad for the soft tissue.

I can only vouch for the physical cure but was just wondering if anyone else has had success, especially outside physical pain.
    What Will You Achieve Today?

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by joed View Post
    Your caution is warranted. It's a marketing gimmick to increase his patient base. If his technique works so well for these conditions, why isn't he well known and why isn't his method standard practice? (Sorry to splash the ice water of common sense in his face) Glad your tennis inflammation is gone, but if you're stressed and depressed, and considering seeing him for those issues, ask to see peer-to-peer reviewed journal articles showing his technique works. Better yet, IMO go the traditional route and see your doc.

P.S. The most effective way to quit smoking is to quit smoking.
    this marketing gimmick has been around for over 2000 years and very common in the asian continent where it is considered standard practice.. like marius says your brain controls just about everything.
    Depression and stress for example are cured by "fixing" your brain with therapy possibly, not with drugs which is what traditional medicine uses..

I think acupuncture is less destructive then any prescription drug , worth a try for sure.
    I know several people who quit smoking after a few acupuncture treatments
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?