Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Farewell Fellow Keto'ers! Good luck

Though I won't be far away, anyone can pm me if they want to ask some questions. Though i am not a professional, I have lost over 32lbs on this diet and I am thankful for that.

Through my experience, and through confirmation from a nutritionalist (who is pro-keto btw), I have come to the point in time wher I have to branch off from the keto diet to a more normal diet with a mixture of carbs, fat and proteins for my health.

Last week I suffered from a mild to mod bout of hypoglycemia brought about by my low carb intake. As confirmed by my nutritionist, this diet is suited more for obese people and the effectiveness drops are you get in better shape. Seeing I have lost a lot of weight, I have to now focus on a more balanced diet.

Since swapping over to a more standard diet, I am feeling much better and I am still losing weight.

I am thankful for all who have helped and I am glad I have helped others. I will be moving over to the nutrition main section to pop around there from time to time, but my keto days are successfull, but over.

Good luck to anyone on this diet. Drink water, count the carbs and cals and keep on plugging.

I am only a pm away if you need me.

PEACE OUT!
    Last edited by CanuckTank; 05-21-2009 at 11:16 AM.
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good job bro! We're all proud of you!

Sean
    Keto:
    Started: 4/27/09 @ 274
    5/6/09 @ 266
    5/20/09 @ 264
    6/1/09 @ 262
    6/4/09 @ 260

startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome results! Good luck on your new endeavor!

weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) weber25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You could be a pain sometimes but always a source of thought, you'll be missed in the forum as it added color.

Good luck on your new endeavor and your long healthy life ahead
    Last edited by weber25; 05-21-2009 at 12:32 PM.
    Those who think they have no time for exercise will sooner or later have to make time for illness. - Edward Stanley

Wow! what a life uh?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds - Bob Marley

AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AIM9x is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cheers bro:
    bodybuilding.com chat room moderator
    All of the banning, none of the discounts or free stuff
    іяс сязш -- http://chat.bodybuilding.com/

Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    found this to be true as well and i'm starting a normal meal plan also on monday

went from 21% bodyfat to around 12%..weight loss stalled so i decided to bulk

bulked for a couple months, while maintaining 12-13% body fat and got my strength back to where it was at 21%

seventytwo is on a distinguished road. (+10) seventytwo is on a distinguished road. (+10) seventytwo is on a distinguished road. (+10) seventytwo is on a distinguished road. (+10) seventytwo is on a distinguished road. (+10) seventytwo is on a distinguished road. (+10) seventytwo is on a distinguished road. (+10) seventytwo is on a distinguished road. (+10) seventytwo is on a distinguished road. (+10) seventytwo is on a distinguished road. (+10) seventytwo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good stuff CT.

I'm sticking to it, although wary of the "it's better for obese people". I'm far from obese and always thought this would be an effective diet. I'll stick to it another month or so and make my own conclusions!
    Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known - J33:3

Cause we finally know now what our time here's about, we were not meant to be another face in the crowd. We're a forest of lives, and we grow tall and wide. We'll never be cut down. - Rise Against

MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good luck as well.

I plan to use these type diets just for cutting mostly in a span of no more than 4 weeks.

I do plan to try and bulk but I will take in a carb/protein meal before and after lifting, as well as a high carb day on saturday.

I need more mass and carbs are needed to do that for the most part in some form or another.

Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'll be joining you on the normal 40-40-20 diet or maybe a 40-30-30 on sunday.
    I liked doing the CKD, but I'm getting tired of the foods.

I loved the carbed up look and the few days after, but I really dislike the deflated look by the end of the week.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good luck d00d. Congrats on the success.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck Canuck tank with your normal diet man!!!!

s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500)
    I would love to know your current body stats, as well as your dietary intake (as of the end of your keto) and also your diet change choices.

Also, were you predispositioned to hypoglycemia?

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by s.o.u.p View Post
    I would love to know your current body stats, as well as your dietary intake (as of the end of your keto) and also your diet change choices.

Also, were you predispositioned to hypoglycemia?
    My intake was 2000-2200cals, less then 35g carbs and the rest fats. Lots of greens, chicken breasts and lean steak. Lots of olive oil.

Right now I have introduced low and high GI carbs back in when they are needed. On training days I have a cup of oatmeal with four teaspoons of maple syrup to get the day going 1 hour before the workout.

The rest is some breads and such. Not going crazy on the cals, but am cutting back on the fats.

Workouts are CRAZY! Energy and lifts are back, I sweat like a bastard while training (haven't happneed for a long time) seeing I am training so heavy and so hard. My muscle are giving out before my energy does which is a nice change and I am able to go to full muscle fatigue.

Mood is night and day. i am in a good mood most of the time with little to no irritability. Heart is now beating normal again and I am not so easily pushed to the adrenaline level. It got to the point that just a irritating forum post send my adrenaline going. Huge sign of low blood sugar.

Let me be straight though, I am PRO-KETO. i am not saying there is anything wrong with it. It worked for me bigtime. I just have progressed out of the stage where I need it.

I am here for you guys and gals anytime you need me. I LOVE to help people.....although I might not be as diplomatic as others......
    Last edited by CanuckTank; 05-21-2009 at 07:25 PM.

lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you bloating pretty bad going back to carbs?

My prediction: Pain! joey joe joe's Avatar
    joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Best of luck to you CT! Congrats on all your progess!
    New music and video up! www.daysleftmusic.com

Originally Posted by lth View Post
    Are you bloating pretty bad going back to carbs?
    A very small amount. About two pounds.

Dirty Shoez is a complete loser! (-2000) Dirty Shoez is a complete loser! (-2000) Dirty Shoez is a complete loser! (-2000) Dirty Shoez is a complete loser! (-2000) Dirty Shoez is a complete loser! (-2000) Dirty Shoez is a complete loser! (-2000) Dirty Shoez is a complete loser! (-2000) Dirty Shoez is a complete loser! (-2000) Dirty Shoez is a complete loser! (-2000) Dirty Shoez is a complete loser! (-2000) Dirty Shoez is a complete loser! (-2000)
    1) Congratulations on discovering a `more normal' diet
    2) Maybe don't blame Keto for your problems.

If my blood sugar is low, I eat more Carbs. Simple as that. If I'm only in Ketosis 100 hours a week out of 168, I'm fine with that. Eating at a deficit = weight loss, regardless of macros. If you've been suffering on Keto, that's on you for not making the necessary modifications.

Honestly, your post looks like someone scared the **** out of you. Or like you hyped yourself up before doing it, and now its too late to go back (at least for now). Just doesn't smell right. But don't let ol' Dirty Shoez get you down....

Kick rocks. Happy rocks.

sctp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe the solution to low blood sugar in a keto diet could be upping the protein a little more and follow macros 45%-50% pro 50% fat,so you get a lil higher blood sugar cause of glucogenesis from excessive protein.Good luck with the new diet.

Originally Posted by Dirty Shoez View Post

If my blood sugar is low, I eat more Carbs. Simple as that. If I'm only in Ketosis 100 hours a week out of 168, I'm fine with that. Eating at a deficit = weight loss, regardless of macros. If you've been suffering on Keto, that's on you for not making the necessary modifications.

Honestly, your post looks like someone scared the **** out of you. Or like you hyped yourself up before doing it, and now its too late to go back (at least for now). Just doesn't smell right. But don't let ol' Dirty Shoez get you down....

Kick rocks. Happy rocks.
    Yea, It was the diet. What else am I going to blame??? Something in the air that day? It was a lack of blood sugar from my low carb diet.

Who scared who? I was feeling bad and made the modifications by dropping out of keto. I was suffering from hypoglycemia bigtime and had to get more sugar into me. I was going downhill.

To be honest, I can see why you are deep in the red seeing most of your posts paint you as being quite the imflammatory azzhole most of the time.

You are sounding like you are offended that I blamed the diet for feeling bad and if so, I don't fawkin care. i said i was pro-keto and will support it.

Originally Posted by sctp View Post
    I believe the solution to low blood sugar in a keto diet could be upping the protein a little more and follow macros 45%-50% pro 50% fat,so you get a lil higher blood sugar cause of glucogenesis from excessive protein.Good luck with the new diet.
    never do that, all you do it teach your body to burn protein for energy and when you don't have any of that, it will attack your muscles for energy to make up for the shortfall.

this is not a protein burning diet, it is a fat burning diet.

sctp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CanuckTank View Post
    never do that, all you do it teach your body to burn protein for energy and when you don't have any of that, it will attack your muscles for energy to make up for the shortfall.

this is not a protein burning diet, it is a fat burning diet.
    You are still in ketosis with the macros i gave and you cant really "teach" your body to do certain things..and muscle loss during a diet occurs for the fact that the body tries to LOWER the metabolism so it keeps its fat storage intact for longer,to sum it up its more or less down to the calorie intake.

You are still in ketosis with the macros i gave and you cant really "teach" your body to do certain things..and muscle loss during a diet occurs for the fact that the body tries to LOWER the metabolism so it keeps its fat storage intact for longer,to sum it up its more or less down to the calorie intake.
    sorry, but you have to go high fat to get your liver producing ketones to consume fat on this diet. Eating high protein will not help you on this diet nor is it a thing you can do to replace carbs.

PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PGW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck! I'll probably be joining you in a few months, as soon as I reach my goal I will start introducing some complex carbs, but I will never go back to an "American diet".

ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CanuckTank View Post
    sorry, but you have to go high fat to get your liver producing ketones to consume fat on this diet. Eating high protein will not help you on this diet nor is it a thing you can do to replace carbs.
    You can get into ketosis with his macros. Plaumbos macro's are similar to those...you dont need 60%+ fat to produce ketones. Honestly your post is rather weird as you basically made a decision to get off of keto then used whatever your nutritionist said as justification for actually doing it. Keto only good for obese people? Not good for getting into lower bf? Really?

Originally Posted by ferak View Post
    You can get into ketosis with his macros. Plaumbos macro's are similar to those...you dont need 60%+ fat to produce ketones. Honestly your post is rather weird as you basically made a decision to get off of keto then used whatever your nutritionist said as justification for actually doing it. Keto only good for obese people? Not good for getting into lower bf? Really?
    Yes, I made a decision to get off of it due to hypoglycemia. How is that weird?

Also, the diet is more effective for obese people rather than people in better shape. The more obese you are, the better it will work for you.

I have been feeling much better lately. But that is just me. I am not saying others will have the same complications I had.

theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dirty Shoez View Post

Kick rocks. Happy rocks.
    Hey man.. don't bash him now.. And it really is what you are doing.

Hey canuck! great results! Every body is different, A diet that works for one may not work for another. That is just how it goes. Keto is definitely not for everyone. To the minor things like 'i like carbs' to the major things like 'omg i dont know what I am doing, I am not in ketosis, i have ketoacidos' (not saying that you aren't smart with keto and that you had this)

Im just saying that you have to look out for yourself, the most important person.

When I told my friends (chubby chubby chubby) that I was going on ketosis they didn't know what it was, I told her 'basically it's low low carbs, high fat, high protein' and she was like "YOUR BRAIN NEEDS CARBS! YOU'LL DEPRIVE YOUR BRAIN AND YOU WILL DAMAGE YOURSELF" all that horse**** . She also said, "You might lose weight, at the cost of your health, and when you eat regularly again you'll gain all that weight back"... Lost 40 pounds in 2 months, went back on a more 'normal diet' and didn't gain an ounce, lost weight..

What I am trying to get at is you should not feel apprehensive to go on a different diet nor should you let people scare you away. You HAVE to look out for number one, and that is what you are doing. Kudos to you mate!
    "Just do the diet, lift hard and take pictures of yourself naked. As long as the scale is going down, your lifts are going up and your pix look good, ignore everything else." - Eileen

"Also take a hard look at your nuts." - Eileen

theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) theDeviousOne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well first of all

1. Keto is to change your body from using carb's as energy to lose fat to a more effective process by, using fat as energy to burn fat. Ultimately by cutting carbs out (original energy source) and ingesting more fat to make up for the carbs. That is how your body changes. To preserve muscle you eat more protein.

Secondly

2. You're body is a living thing, it breathes, it's complex, and it learns. You TEACH your body to change, as mentioned above, it's evident. A Catabolic state (muscle loss to you) is achieved by burning up all the energy sources and attacking what is left (your muscle). It can also be achieved faster by going over your THR, sustaining that 'Above' HR, and burning EVERYTHING as energy.

Also you can't sum everything up by calorie intake. It's the road you take to determine your fat loss
    Last edited by theDeviousOne; 05-23-2009 at 02:14 AM.
    "Just do the diet, lift hard and take pictures of yourself naked. As long as the scale is going down, your lifts are going up and your pix look good, ignore everything else." - Eileen

Originally Posted by ferak View Post
    While I dont agree with keto being only for obese people, I do agree with his decision. Why go to a professional if you aren't going to take advice.

WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WorldStrike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'll be making this same switch in a week. I know the boat you're in, so good luck. Let me ask you...are you doing a carb-up, and then the next day switching back to a normal diet? That's how I had planned to do it.

I especially need to drop this cutting diet after my vacation. I was in Ireland and had a hard time finding Keto-friendly meals all the time, so I think my calorie intake was somewhere around 700-1000 daily, and all I did every day was walk (pretty steady amount of cardio). I was getting constant headrushes and I had a bad feeling about it. Went over there last Wednesday @ 162lbs, stayed on Keto, and weighed myself this morning at 151lbs

Needless to say, at 6', this isn't what I'm wanting, and although I hoped Keto would keep my body to mainly burning fat, 11lbs in 10 days cannot be all fat. Looks like my carb-up today will be quite dirty, and the rest of this week (my last week of Keto) will be around maintenance/bulk calories rather than cutting, because this weight is dangerous for me.

But anyway, do you plan to switch to a regular diet after a carb-up day? I felt this would be best.

Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've lost around 40lbs on keto (from 210-169) and altho you've not helped me directly, I've enjoyed reading most of your posts, you're often right on target and not afraid to speak your mind Good luck with your present diet, I too am thinking of going on a 40/40/20 when i've lost the final 7-10lbs (which are coming off slowly!!) Then its Bulk time