Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    ur not ur f*cking khakis bwelch1985's Avatar
    bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There's no question that Valentine is a PHENOMENAL bodybuilder and completely deserving of a pro card (as is Tony).....but....w/ that said.....these pictures were clearly selected w/ the intention of highlighting Valentines strengths and showing Tonys weaknesses....I'd like to see the rest of the mandatories, especially the side shots, in order to have a fair and complete comparison before deciding (in my own mind) who was the winner....

devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^Agree with Bwelch

-Also kinda surpised that Brian actually felt the need to post pics that display Valentines strengths and Tonys "weaknesses"...Especially when Tony didn't dispute the fact that he felt he was beat....

-But, great job Tony, you can't control who shows up. You looked great
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111082701

"Whether you believe you can, or believe you can't, You're right."

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree with Paul,..evrything is fantastic but could really use some Back Width. I think you know what needs to be braught to the stage Tony. Now you can commit to focus on that for next competition. Keep driving at it!

Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You guys both looked great! Tough call. You have nothing to hang your head about. That looked like a great battle.

tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Donkey_bw View Post
    A couple of pics of Tony and Valentine from this class:

Valentine = #29, Tony = #73

Please let me know what you think, as I have already shared my opinion based on what I saw at the show.

Valentine has a much, much better back than me. But I don't think those are the best comparison shots because it looks like I hadn't hit my pose yet on the rear lat spread and I hadn't finished hitting my pose yet with the rear double bi.
    Proud to be fully sponsored by the best supplement company in the business. www.scivation.com

Contest prep log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113619521

It cannot possibly taste better than blue raspberry xtend!

tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    And Valentine's calves = zero.
    Proud to be fully sponsored by the best supplement company in the business. www.scivation.com

Contest prep log:

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah I don't think you were quite set in any of those poses Tony. Nevertheless, Valentine has some crazy stuff going on back there. It goes without saying that I don't think Valentine would have been completely upset loosing to you, much in the same way you felt.

Folks got their money's worth, that's for sure. Tony do you do plenty of direct arm work?
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    wow, tony...the guy who beat you is an incredible bodybuilder...could be a competitive pro now...and you were right there with him...even in these shots in which you weren't completely set....that to me says that you could be a competitive pro right now....I can't imagine what kind of damage you'll do coming in next time with more grow time and deadlifts under your belt...its going to be incredible, I hope to develop a physique of yours and valentines caliber.

The comparison pictures are finally up on the website. Go HERE:

http://www.patrickarnold.com/sstates2009/

Click on the 10 o'clock hour, but be warned you'll have to register. It only takes about 30 seconds to do so. Scroll through the top and my class (open short) starts at picture #164, going through #281. LOTS of pictures! I still think the judging was fair and he did in fact legitimately beat me.

#164-281, 10 o clock hour!
    Last edited by tvicemanXXL; 04-23-2009 at 09:09 AM.

Contest prep log:

gymrat9929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymrat9929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymrat9929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymrat9929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymrat9929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymrat9929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymrat9929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymrat9929 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude it was a ****ing battle and was the highlight of the entire show!

i was pulling for you and thought that despite V being bigger in certain areas you had the better stage presence. You laid it all out on the line and thats all anybody can ask for.

I was proud of you for sure! V had some "freaky" parts but I thought you had the better overall total package. Obviously I'm somewhat bias knowing you for so many years ... but I still have a keen eye for this shiznit. Either way ... great job!

props bro!

you gonna make it to the Mayhem show to come see me throw down?

I am not asking everyone to offer their own judging scores on everything. I flat out said the guy beat me. Based on the pictures, it's obvious he beat me. At no point in any message I have left did I say I felt like I should have won. I think I had him in a few poses, but he beat me in more poses and the poses he did win he won more convincingly. I know what my weaknesses are, and especially after looking over the event photography I know what I have to work on.

Contest prep log:

Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tvicemanXXL View Post
    I am not asking everyone to offer their own judging scores on everything. I flat out said the guy beat me. Based on the pictures, it's obvious he beat me. At no point in any message I have left did I say I felt like I should have won. I think I had him in a few poses, but he beat me in more poses and the poses he did win he won more convincingly. I know what my weaknesses are, and especially after looking over the event photography I know what I have to work on.
    And since this your thread, my assessment was removed!

Luck - "when preparation and opportunity meet."

"You can not make me feel inferior [nor can you embarrass me] without my consent" - E. Roosevelt.

Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    And since this your thread, my assessment was removed!
    LOL I wasn't directing that comment to you. I know I've somewhat invited assessments based on me assessing the comparisons myself. I just felt like I was about to get universally bombarded by the same advice for the next few days.

Contest prep log:

Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LOL I wasn't directing that comment to you. I know I've somewhat invited assessments based on me assessing the comparisons myself. I just felt like I was about to get universally bombarded by the same advice for the next few days.
    And you were correct! No harm no foul !!!

Luck - "when preparation and opportunity meet."

"You can not make me feel inferior [nor can you embarrass me] without my consent" - E. Roosevelt.

Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you looked awesome Tony, way to go man!
    U.S. Soldier
    Competitive bodybuilder

I was looking over all of my photos leading up to the show, and man I hit the rear lat spread so much better BEFORE I hit the stage this past Saturday. So I took a couple of minutes posing in the mirror and figured out what I was doing wrong on stage. I was pulling my shoulders forward so hard I couldn't spread out my lats. I am an idiot. See the difference:

Left picture is what I was doing on stage, right picture is me doing it correctly:

BIG difference! WOOPS!
    Last edited by tvicemanXXL; 04-23-2009 at 10:03 AM.

Contest prep log:

WRONG!

BETTER!
    Last edited by tvicemanXXL; 04-23-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Contest prep log:

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Realizing details like this kinda makes wish you could go back and do it all over again huh? You still Da Man!

ur not ur f*cking khakis bwelch1985's Avatar
    bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow...it's incredible how big the difference is in those shots! This has inspired me to begin practicing posing IMMEDIATELY.

Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean15782 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just thought this picture was crazy. This looks like one of the most competitive classes I've ever seen in a natural show. The top 3 all have pro caliber physiques!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Sean15782; 04-23-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000) Fjock is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sean15782 View Post
    Just thought this picture was crazy. This looks like one of the most competitive classes I've ever seen in a natural show. The top 3 all have pro caliber physiques!
    x2 wow
    U.S. Soldier
    Competitive bodybuilder

njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sean15782 View Post
    Thought I was looking at the top 2 from a top NPC level show for a moment. Seriously Tony and Valentine could do some major damage in the NPC.
    AMAZING! And drug free goes to show that the limitations are only what we set for ourselves

Those pics certainly highlight your physigue better and better shows how close a decision it must have been.

Boy you guys are starting to make me question if i EVER want to step on stage again The bar is SO SO HIGH!

Originally Posted by njmuscle66 View Post
    Thought I was looking at the top 2 from a top NPC level show for a moment. Seriously Tony and Valentine could do some major damage in the NPC.
    AMAZING! And drug free goes to show that the limitations are only what we set for ourselves

Those pics certainly highlight your physigue better and better shows how close a decision it must have been.

Boy you guys are starting to make me question if i EVER want to step on stage again The bar is SO SO HIGH!
    Trust me theres A LOT of npc competitors in his weight class that would piss their pants if tony showed up backstage that shredded. At least from what ive seen at a number of national qualifiers...
    U.S. Soldier
    Competitive bodybuilder

Donkey_bw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donkey_bw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donkey_bw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donkey_bw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donkey_bw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donkey_bw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donkey_bw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donkey_bw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donkey_bw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donkey_bw is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donkey_bw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    THAT is the attitude of a true champion. Comments like that show your true colors, Tony - it takes a big man to acknowledge when he has been beaten cleanly and begin working so that it doesn't happen again.

I have been destroyed in each of the last 2 overalls I've participated in. Lots of people told me, "You looked great / you should have won." Comments like that don't help me one iota. What does help is a realistic assessment of where I got beat and what I need to work on to improve. Like Tommy said, this sport is all about trying to get better - and recognizing your own weaknesses is a huge part of that.

Tony, enjoy your off-season. There is no question you have a pro-caliber physique with many incredible individual parts. I wish you nothing but the best in the future - I'm confident you will be standing up against the best IFPA pros in no time.

Here's a good shot of my christmas tree from the night part of the show.

Contest prep log:

Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Thats awesome!

dball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bada$$ picture of the 'christmas tree' Tony! Not sure it is worth mentioning but my trainer who promotes and co-promotes a number of shows in the midwest said he thought if you would have bigger lats (or based on your pics maybe hit the poses differently, my words not his) you would have won the your class and the overall. Anyway just wanted to let you know there were others close to the show that echoed what you said/knew already.

Congrats on a great show and good luck with your off season!

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That pic is Billy Badass! Tony Badass LOL
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MattyH7688 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was looking over all of my photos leading up to the show, and man I hit the rear lat spread so much better BEFORE I hit the stage this past Saturday. So I took a couple of minutes posing in the mirror and figured out what I was doing wrong on stage. I was pulling my shoulders forward so hard I couldn't spread out my lats. I am an idiot. See the difference:

Left picture is what I was doing on stage, right picture is me doing it correctly:

BIG difference! WOOPS!
    damn huge difference

anyways... excellent job tony.. both you and valentine looked ridiculous.. it was a close battle, now just more motivation for next show
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep

*Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.*

Iron Mulisha Athlete

Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Xmas in April. Awesome Stuff, T!
    Rob "The Reason" Moran
    Sales Account Representative
    Scivation, Inc
    WNBF Professional Natural Bodybuilder

Become a Fan of Scivation: http://www.********.com/pages/SciVation/159679338681

www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Questions? E-mail me at rob@scivation.com

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast