CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fitness & Food for Enjoyment

I used to lift weights but me & my power rack & all my plates have been separated for 5 months now. It will be another 2 months before we're able to reunite. I've switched over to "just doing active ****" & it's fun, it's kept me strong & if I were more consistent & didn't love food so much, it would keep my weight down

So this journal is just to keep me accountable, keep my activity levels up & consistent.

Today I did bboying for 50-60 mins. Worked on ground work, drops & freezes. Got a good workout!

Now I'm putting on sneakers to walk to the park and go hiking & mess around on the adult jungle gym (someone unexpectedly got her period & had to leave!) with my best.
    Last edited by CPX; 03-29-2009 at 05:03 PM.
    i am taking it upon myself to learn to teach
    cows how to peacefully protest by starving themselves

i'll get to pigs and chickens with time

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CPX View Post
    I used to lift weights but me & my power rack & all my plates have been separated for 5 months now. It will be another 2 months before we're able to reunite. I've switched over to "just doing active ****" & it's fun, it's kept me strong & if I were more consistent & didn't love food so much, it would keep my weight down

So this journal is just to keep me accountable, keep my activity levels up & consistent.

Today I did bboying for 50-60 mins. Worked on ground work, drops & freezes. Got a good workout!

Now I'm putting on sneakers to walk to the park and go hiking & mess around on the adult jungle gym with my best.
    Great! So did you start a journal in the journal section? It would be fun to track your workouts and progress!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whew, okay did some Capoeria conditioning (from a book I bought a few years back by the same name)

-Static plank
    -Backbend
    -Backbend with heels up
    -Backbend with one leg straight up
    ^^^ each of those I held for 8-10 breaths, I think
    -10 full backbend pushups
    -One armed backbends 10 secs on left arm/ 5ish seconds on right o.O
    -2 no cheat backbends (was backbended out at this point)
    -7 au warm-ups on each side

Oy, so done for now. Too much invertedness!

I guess some goals as far as these exercises go would be to
    -improve my spine flexibility to do shoulders over hands & legs straight (I should take a pic so I can track the progress)
    -do 20 backbend pushups
    -strengthen my right arm (??? this is a really surprising weak spot b/c my right arm is stronger at everything else!)

This picture is horrifying. I used to be rubber like...

Last edited by CPX; 03-29-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Originally Posted by hmotb555 View Post
    Great! So did you start a journal in the journal section? It would be fun to track your workouts and progress!
    Lol, you're commenting on it!

Went to Houston right after waking up to look for apartments. So I ate out (Einstein Bros, yumm!) & didn't get any exercise (back, shoulders & quads are sore from dancing yesterday but I would have at least done some cardio kickboxing).

I was passing Dunlavy when that firetruck flipped. I've never seen anything so terrible I hope that biker wasn't the old lady I let pass in front of me. ****.

I signed some paper work on a new place, it's really adorable. Then came home & passed out. I'm probably going to lay down again & chalk today up to a day of rest.

Gorgeous day!

Went rollerblading for 3 miles. 6 is my goal, it's where I used to be.

Did laundry & errands up until now. About to go to prep some of dinner & then go to class. When I get home I'm definitely doing more capoeria conditioning & 50 mins of Duncan Wong's Source Power yoga DVD.

Food today was incredibly good!

1st meal: Berry & banana protein smoothie with soymilk

2nd meal: Huge garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette made with hemp oil

3rd "meal": guacamole made with an entire avocado, my hotta guacca sauce & cherry tomatoes with rice chips (I'm addicting to guacamole, I've had it all but 3 days for the past 2 months!) & a big spoonful of sunflower seed butter

and for dinner I'm making a yummy yummy couscous lentil salad, here's the recipe

Couscous Salad with Arugula
    by Chef Ellen Ecker Ogden

A couscous salad perfect for a picnic or potluck.

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup green lentils
    1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
    1 cup couscous
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, minced and mashed into a paste with a sprinkle of salt
    6 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
    2 cups packed coarsely chopped arugula or mesclun
    1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into halves

Makes 8 to 10 servings

Place the lentils in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat.
    Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the lentils are just tender, about 45 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, and transfer to a bowl.
    In the meantime, bring 1 1/4 cups water and the salt to a boil over high heat. Stir in the couscous, remove from the heat, and cover tightly.
    Let stand until the couscous is tender and has absorbed the water, about 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir into the lentils.
    Whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, oil, and garlic in a small bowl to combine. Pour over the lentils and couscous and mix well.
    Add the scallions, arugula, and cherry tomatoes and mix. Season with the salt.
    Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours. Just before serving. Serve chilled.

Chef Ellen Ecker Ogden notes: There?s enough here to feed a crowd (haha, or just me!!!! ), so it is a great dish to take to a potluck or picnic. Vary the greens according to what?s available ? arugula will add a nice peppery kick and mesclun provides a mellower flavor.

And my God, today was such a day of junk food cravings. When I went to Blockbuster (rented Slumdog Millionaire), I wanted to go get burritos from Taco Bell.
    When I went to the grocery store, I wanted to get pb covered pretzles.
    And when I went by my old work, I wanted to go next door & get a big juicy portobello sammich with onion rings & root beer!
    Lol, had none of it though, but I sure do know what I'm gonna indulge in next time I feel like doing so

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CPX View Post
    Lol, you're commenting on it!
    Yeah this is why you should not surf the web and sleep! LOL!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!