dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New Titan suit-Straps too long.....

Well, I got my Superior suit today from Titan and the shoulder straps are too long. When I stand straight up, they are about 2-3 inches above my shoulders.

What do you experts suggest? The bottom fits nice and tight. Should I take it somewhere and get it cut/hemmed?
    6'2
    Current weight 197 at 16-17% bodyfat
    34 years old
    Lifting for 4 years

Ultimate personal goals:

225 lbs at 12% bodyfat
    Bench-450 (Hit 370 Shirted in April 2007)(350 raw in March 2007)
    Deadlift-500 (Achieved 535!!!!!!, April 2007)
    Squat-450 (Hit 425, April 2007)

ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Get it altered, chief. You really thought it would fit you straight from the store? Must be your first suit.

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck finding someplace local to alter it. I went to the following:
    my wife with a heavy duty needle- bent it like it was nothing
    seamstress place- no
    embroidery place (that does the HS letter jackets- figure they had a big sewing machine)- no
    cleaners that does repairs on leather jackets- no
    finally, went to a shoe place of all things, they have that huge machine they sew soles on shoes- charged me 5 bucks. The seams have held for a couple years now.

What I'd do is take masking tape, tape the straps together where you want them to be, and tell them to sew them right there. Don't worry about removing the old seams. You'll just have a little bubble of material on the strap. I had them do mine so the extra material was on the bottom side of the strap, against your body. I figured that leaving it there, if the new seam ever burst, I'd have a backup to prevent a complete failure.

aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Good luck finding someplace local to alter it. I went to the following:
    my wife with a heavy duty needle- bent it like it was nothing
    seamstress place- no
    embroidery place (that does the HS letter jackets- figure they had a big sewing machine)- no
    cleaners that does repairs on leather jackets- no
    finally, went to a shoe place of all things, they have that huge machine they sew soles on shoes- charged me 5 bucks. The seams have held for a couple years now.

What I'd do is take masking tape, tape the straps together where you want them to be, and tell them to sew them right there. Don't worry about removing the old seams. You'll just have a little bubble of material on the strap. I had them do mine so the extra material was on the bottom side of the strap, against your body. I figured that leaving it there, if the new seam ever burst, I'd have a backup to prevent a complete failure.

my mom does my straps and sleeves on all my gear... she just has a strong needle and upholstry thread and takes it slow.
    Goals for April Meet
    500Sq
    400B
    550D
    1450 total

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's what my wife tried too, and it just bent the needle! Can you ask her what kind of needle it is? Maybe we can try it again. We used a ball point needle which is supposed to not damage the material, and upholstery thread.

aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aleksxxx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    That's what my wife tried too, and it just bent the needle! Can you ask her what kind of needle it is? Maybe we can try it again. We used a ball point needle which is supposed to not damage the material, and upholstery thread.
    ok i just talked to her and i dont know what this means, i hope your wife does... lol:

size 11 or 12 sharp quilting needle is what she thinks she used
    she also said a universal sharp might work

and settings on the machine she loosened the tension a tad and made sure the stitching was tight together.

lemme know if that works or if you want me to ask her anything else.

oh also.. i didnt have her pinch and sew, i had her fold the fabric over itself, about an inch each fold for a total of two inches shorter... i attached a pic to kinda show what i mean.
    Attached Images
    Goals for April Meet
    500Sq
    400B
    550D
    1450 total

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)
    My wife has done all my suits plus some team member's suits with her sewing maching and apholstry thread. I get her to go over it multiple times so it will hold without a problem.
    Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931161

dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dnewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I went with Danimals advice and found a local shoe repair shop today. I am picking it up on Thursday and will do some deadlifting. I will let you guys know how it feels. Thanks!
    6'2
    Current weight 197 at 16-17% bodyfat
    34 years old
    Lifting for 4 years

Ultimate personal goals:

225 lbs at 12% bodyfat
    Bench-450 (Hit 370 Shirted in April 2007)(350 raw in March 2007)
    Deadlift-500 (Achieved 535!!!!!!, April 2007)
    Squat-450 (Hit 425, April 2007)