Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rough few weeks - drink your water

Long story short - I got dehydrated while I had a real bad cold, woke up in the middle of the night with killer stomach cramps. Somehow made my way downstairs where I passed out - on the way down I took a double header -my head hit the side of our kitchen island and then banged the back of my head on the hard wood floor. Grade 3 concussion - no bleed fortunantly. Now almost 2 weeks post injury my headaches have gone away but I have the concentration level and attention span of a 2 year old. Very hard to work.

Lesson: Drink water all the time. Dehydrating is a bad thing. As much water as I drank when I was not sick, my body stopped retaining it - thus when I slacked on my my water intact and was fighting a bug I went dry quick.

Anyone here have experiience with head injuries?
    Squats make my arms bigger.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yikes! Glad you didn't hurt yourself more! Hope your head returns to normal very soon

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dad_in_KC View Post
    Long story short - I got dehydrated while I had a real bad cold, woke up in the middle of the night with killer stomach cramps. Somehow made my way downstairs where I passed out - on the way down I took a double header -my head hit the side of our kitchen island and then banged the back of my head on the hard wood floor. Grade 3 concussion - no bleed fortunantly. Now almost 2 weeks post injury my headaches have gone away but I have the concentration level and attention span of a 2 year old. Very hard to work.

Lesson: Drink water all the time. Dehydrating is a bad thing. As much water as I drank when I was not sick, my body stopped retaining it - thus when I slacked on my my water intact and was fighting a bug I went dry quick.

Anyone here have experiience with head injuries?
    Dang, man. Get well soon.

That's a very good reminder for everyone. (One I need all the time. I'm always forgetting to drink throughout the day.)
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    I do.
    I pm'd you asking for info.

Mike
    Squats make my arms bigger.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey Dad In KC.....

Ouch....very sorry to hear of your being sick and the undesired intimacy you experienced with your 'kithcen island' and 'hardwood floor'.

On 'deyhration' : when I was in Southeast Asia I literally passed out while on an operation and woke up two days later in a funky tent.
    It was heat exhaustion and dehydration and possibly Malaria.
    I am painfully aware of the discomfort and importance of staying hydrated.

Get better and stay tough.

www.soundclick.com/wayneevansproject
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I knew a woman at an old job who was a beginning runner. She was out for a run on the road and passed out from dehydration. It so terrified and affected her that she would not even get on an indoors treadmill.

And concussions are no fun. I had one once. My boot heel slipped on our hardwood floor. I tried to catch myself but I smashed into a solid walnut chest-of-drawers and solidly banged my head on the side of it. I howled so loud even my cat came running in to check on me and meowing to my partner (animals are not stupid).

When I finally got up I was dizzy and felt nauseous. I was supposed to deadlift that night, but sat on the bench in the locker room (yes we went to the gym) staring into space. My partner recommended against me working out (ya think?). I had a bump on the side of my head for days.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).