MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Body After Babies

I was having a conversation with my mother-in-law the other day and she stated that I would never be able to get back to the physique that I had before children or even when I was 18, she said that we, as women, will never get back to our pre-baby bodies. I beg to differ, but since this conversation, it has motivated me to change my life and habits to prove her wrong. I have the infamous (pooch) and though it is small, it's still there. Is it possible to get rid of this pooch with a clean diet, cardio, and strength training?

Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes.

Good luck/

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have some stretch marks that will never go away and my breasts are a bit different but unless I were to show people, nobody would ever accuse me of having a child, I don't think. I'd say that, overall, my body has improved since before my pregnancy.

I guess the "impossibility" of having your pre-baby body is a good excuse not to try. Too bad so many women fall back on that excuse because not trying is what makes it impossible.

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    I guess the "impossibility" of having your pre-baby body is a good excuse not to try. Too bad so many women fall back on that excuse because not trying is what makes it impossible.
    So true!
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

_Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    oh my goodness. there are so many women's bodyspaces i've seen on here who have 4 and 5 kids and look crazy incrediable!! i'm going with so not true, if your determined and motivated enough!!
    Do or do not, there is no try.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely that is not the case. I've had a child, only one so far, but she was a rather large baby (she weighed 9.5 lbs at birth). And I'm only 5'1", there wasn't even much room for her, lol. My body is better now than at any other point in my life. I do have stretch marks on my abdomen, but they're really only noticeable now in certain lighting. They're deep, but have faded significantly since my daughter's birth 5 years ago. But I'm certainly fitter than I've ever been and although the number on the scale is exactly the same as before I got pregnant, I look substantially better now thanks to more muscle and less body fat. Strength training and better eating habits do wonders.

It IS possible to get rid of the pooch with good diet, a strength program, and cardio. I actually have defined abs for the first time in my life thanks to the above factors.
    Last edited by heidismommy; 02-02-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

amyoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amyoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amyoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amyoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amyoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amyoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amyoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amyoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amyoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amyoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amyoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have 2 kids and I worked hard to lose the excess fat.
    Some people have harder times than others. I think stretch marks etc are genetic.

Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Beefcupcake has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Depending on your genetics I guess. Some women can get away with having kids and no stretch marks, others (like me) are not so fortunate. However, whatever I can control, such as my weight and athletic look, you bet that it'll be like pre-pregnancy if not better.

gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    stretchmarks are permanent - no amount of creams, lotions and exercise will get rid of it. I also have a small amount of loose skin. None of this bothers me. In fact I think I would feel a bit ripped off if I didnt look like the mother of two that I am.

That said, I think its entirely possible to go through pregnancies 'unscathed'

lulusmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lulusmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lulusmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lulusmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lulusmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lulusmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lulusmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lulusmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lulusmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lulusmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lulusmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If the pooch is loose skin it will be there until you have a tummy tuck. You can get rid of fat just like you could before you had a baby. There are some significant physiological changes that happen during pregnancy, like widening of the hips due to relaxation of the ligaments that hold the pelvic bones together, but in most women the changes are barely noticeable. The most noticeable changes always boil down to diet and exercise.
    www.ProExoticwear.com - Your source for the best exotic dancewear on the internet!

cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I look better than I did pre-pregnancy. I was lucky to have a small baby (just over 6 lb.) and didn't get stretch marks on my abdomen. My breasts have stretch marks but I got those prepregnancy from the stupid birth control pill. I have never had as much definition in my abs as I do now.

BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Live Your Dreams

Hmm, I look so much better than I did at 18, at least body wise. Granted I had my last baby over 25 years ago, I never picked up a weight until I was almost 45. A woman with determination can make the impossible possible. So you go get em tiger and always expect the very best from yourself. You are a winner never forget that never!
    where there is no vision, the people perish, proverbs 29:18 I can see what I want to become how about you?

HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HabitualHealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes ma'am!! I lost 105lbs after having my daughter and my body is better now than it has ever been.

Best advice I can give you is when you commit...go balls to the wall with it. Diet, cardio, weight training and mentality. Dont let anyone tell you you CANT and WONT.
    CHECK OUT MY TRANSFORMATION FEATURE! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cc_habitualhealth.htm

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    I have some stretch marks that will never go away and my breasts are a bit different but unless I were to show people, nobody would ever accuse me of having a child, I don't think. I'd say that, overall, my body has improved since before my pregnancy.

^^^^
    This

I have a 3 year old, and recently competed in my first competition.

You can definitely get your body back, if not a better one! I am definitely in the best shape I've ever been. If you check out a lot of bodyspaces on here, you'll find that there are TONS of moms that look absolutely AMAZING.
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MCAR1936 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink Thanks for the support

All of you guys are awesome! Thank you so much for the encouragement and support. I will post pictures very soon. So far, I've been eating really clean and weight training and cardio for the last 3 weeks and have already lost 1.5" off my waist. I'm estatic!