BillLogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Who else find traps easy to train?

Alright, ive done shrugs maybe 1 time, about 2 months ago and thought there was no reason to do them, so i stopped. After doing deads on the straight bar and hex bar, there always sore and theyve grown like 3 times as big as they were when i started lifting weights in late november. Anyone else think traps are very easy to train without actually training them directly?

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wish they we're that simple for me.

I do deads and shrugs and my traps don't grow for ****!!!

I'm never gonna have nice traps
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gabe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have big traps, I do train them directly, i like to do Heavy ass shrugs, and dumbell shrugs. Plus the deads and power cleans hit them pretty hard too.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bah, i hate traps....lats on the other hand though......

Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My traps grow easily to. I dont even train them directly. Cleans and deads work them enough.
    Top 10 reasons to date a wrestler
    10.Knows how to ride.
    9.Never stalls on bottom.
    8.Can score from any position.
    7. Knows how to work a 2 on 1.
    6.Knows how to use his hips.
    5.Goes hard from start to finish
    4.Endurance,Endurance,Endurance
    3.Knows when to push and pull
    2.Will eat anything.
    1.Always wears his head gear....

RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Bigpecs
    My traps grow easily to. I dont even train them directly. Cleans and deads work them enough.
    Same here.
    Link to my journal.....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=359604

Stats=currently injured ankle

best lifts at 180

bench 225/10 275/2
    Deadlift 405/5 455/1
    Full oly style Squat 325 w/belt

Teg4e is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teg4e is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teg4e is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teg4e is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teg4e is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teg4e is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teg4e is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teg4e is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teg4e is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teg4e is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teg4e is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My traps suck. For those that do isolation training for traps, do you train them along with back or with shoulders?

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Absolutely. I do not train traps, because I think having big traps can make your shoulders look narrow if you do not have broad bone structure in the shoulders. After I started doing deadlifts, my traps grew a lot. I really don't want them to get any bigger than they are now, but I will keep on doing my deadlifts.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't like your traps Tim? Give them to me!

I love traps and wish I had them. I do deads and shrugs and my traps just don't seem to grow.

However I think I just might know why deads don't hit my traps. At the very top of the movement do you have to stick your chest out? Cause I don't do that but was told I was supposed to.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    Don't like your traps Tim? Give them to me!

I love traps and wish I had them. I do deads and shrugs and my traps just don't seem to grow.

However I think I just might know why deads don't hit my traps. At the very top of the movement do you have to stick your chest out? Cause I don't do that but was told I was supposed to.

yeah, your supposed to stick your chest out/pull your shoulders back.

That's obviously my problem then...

See after I have full stood up that was it for the movement then I reverse the movement to bring it back down on the negative that is. Without that little shoulder action.

Ok... gonna start doing that. Lets get these suckers thick!!

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by BillLogan
    yeah, your supposed to stick your chest out/pull your shoulders back.
    yea, like you're coming to attention

do you have access to a hex/trap bar?

me? Nope.. I wish I did though. Train traps with nothin else then a "trap bar".