Thread: Pain n' Gain

Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pain n' Gain

Hello i am new to bodybuilding and i have a common question to make but it seems that there is a different answer for every person.

My question is if pain (i mean the muscle pain that dissapears in 3 days) is always a sign of growth and reconstruction of the muscle?

I tried for a long period heavy weight training with no signs of pain to my muscles. After this i tryed a new program that had less weights (2/3 from that i use for 8rep max for every set) and my reps came to 12 - 15 every set. I have been doing 4 months this kind of exercise with all the basic and many other exercises and i noticed that every time i have a very deep pain in my muscles does this means that i will have more benefits from this method or just stick with the ordinary 8reps?

excuse me for any errors

Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The 8 to 10 rep range has been shown to be best for tension and growth. Soreness is a common result of lifting because of lactic acid buildup. I would stay in the 6 to 10 rep range. 12 to 15 is to high.
    Top 10 reasons to date a wrestler
    10.Knows how to ride.
    9.Never stalls on bottom.
    8.Can score from any position.
    7. Knows how to work a 2 on 1.
    6.Knows how to use his hips.
    5.Goes hard from start to finish
    4.Endurance,Endurance,Endurance
    3.Knows when to push and pull
    2.Will eat anything.
    1.Always wears his head gear....

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    keep reps in the 5-10range.

also, pump/burn/sorensss does NOT equate to muscle growth/strength progression.

only thing that equates to that, is, um, well, progress. that's really the only way to know if what you're doing is effective- if you get stronger and get bigger

Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The load should be that big to allow me to do the full 8th repetion on the last set ( for example 4th set) or not?

Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darracq is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe 5 reps on your last set.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Scientist
    The load should be that big to allow me to do the full 8th repetion on the last set ( for example 4th set) or not?
    if you're doing 6-8 and just an appropriate weight, there's no way to do 4sets and keep 8reps throughout, unless you're resting a hell long time.

that's why i keep it down to 2 sets- 2minutes rest between and same reps.

Chemically Imbalanced Wanker527's Avatar
    Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Scientist
    this is what they're saying...your goal should be to pick a rep range, say 6-8 for example, and choose as heavy as possible that still allows you to fall within that rep range for each set.

example: i personally do 5x5's. with the weights i choose, i can usually get 5 reps on the first 2 or 3 sets without a lot of problem. the fourth set i may only be able to get 4. fifth set, maybe even less. i just have to count on myself getting stronger and hopefully i will perform more reps in those latter sets the following week. once i can perform all 5 sets for 5 reps, i increase the weight. quite simple.

point is, there are countless ways to train. focus on one method for a certain period, then move to the next. you'll find the sweet spot after a while .

i know i kind of jumped around your questions, but i tend to do that . best of luck to you.
    "Oderint dum metuant." -Lucius Accius