SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up First day At GYM... Rippetoes

(EDIT) Pics near bottom

Well today was the first day i worked out at a gym. Ive worked out at home for the past 2-3 weeks and I went in for a free 7 day trial. I decided to give the rippetoe program a try.

Day 1

Squats - 3x5
    set 1: 115lbs
    set 2: 115lbs
    set 3: 135lbs (Bar was a lil wobbly going to take time to get use to this exercise)

Bench 3x5
    set 1: 115lbs (easy)
    set 2: 135lbs (good)
    set 3: 135lbs (last 2 reps were hard)

Deadlift 1x5
    set 1: 135lbs (good)

Dips: 2x15

15-20 mins cardio on the bike.

I just started out with the 35lbs and the 45lbs weights because i had no idea where to start from. Friday I will add 5-10 lbs on the exercise. Any comments or tips for anything would be great.

Also how much does the Olympic bar weight so i have a better understanding of how much i am actually lifting.(anwsered thanks... lbs changed to include bar)

I have the following sups.

BMF Hardcore Whey Protein
    BMF Hardcore Weigh Gainer
    BMF Hardcore Creatine
    Animal Pump
    Multi Vit and Fish Oil
    Last edited by SpatSRT4; 01-22-2009 at 08:49 AM.

SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpatSRT4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh yeah side note.... my legs are killing me LOL. I have a lil waddle to my walk LOL

mercon2s is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercon2s is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercon2s is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercon2s is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercon2s is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercon2s is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercon2s is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercon2s is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercon2s is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercon2s is on a distinguished road. (+10) mercon2s is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oly bar weighs 45 lbs. Good luck with your progress!

Tuollaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuollaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuollaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuollaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuollaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuollaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuollaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuollaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuollaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuollaf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuollaf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bar weighs 45lbs.

^ What was said above me.

thanks... i wasn't sure if it was 35 or 45.

randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sounds like a good start the bar weights 45Lb
    dont forget to work your bis and tris and shoulders. do some abs also

this is my weekly routine

Monday: chest and tris and cardio
    Tuesday: back and bis and cardio
    Wednesday: legs and shoulders and abs
    Thursday: off
    Friday: cardio and abs
    Saturday: arms and cardio
    Sunday: off

try something like that out doing 3-4 exercises per body part for 4sets each doing heavy weight getting at lest 8 reps

good luck with your gains!

.Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Enigma. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good start. If i were you id keep going to the gym.
    "Every great achievement was once considered impossible."

-----Best lifts-----
    Squat: 395x1
    Bench: 275x1
    Deadlift: 430x6
    ------------------

5/3/1 Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125248671

Reps for posting

singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) singyay4ed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by randomhero565 View Post

try something like that out doing 3-4 exercises per body part for 4sets each doing heavy weight getting at lest 8 reps

OP, don't do this, stick with what you're doing atm.
    FIRST RULE OF COOKING IS ALWAYS CHECK YOUR INGRIDIENTS. - Tallguy, 2009.

tinez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tinez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tinez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tinez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tinez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tinez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tinez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tinez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

lol

I used to do rippetoes!!!

Then i graduated the ****en kindergarden...
    T-Nez

Originally Posted by tinez View Post

Yeah but I bet you failed everything else. Its spelled kindergarten moron.

Kill yourself k bye!

al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Btw, your suppose to keep the same weight consistantly throughout the 3 sets.
    "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Goals: 160lbs SHREDDED.

GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) GLHF is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by tinez View Post

ur 6'1, 170, Ur in first grade congreats

corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Like an above poster said stick to your routine. Don't listen to the guys telling you to run splits and crap. You will get nowhere doing them when starting out. Stick to your routine and you make great gains and build a strong foundation. Worry about splits when you have bulked up a bit and start to see some nice muscles. They will get you nowhere fast trust me. I did that crap for almost a year and barely put on size. Stared doing a crapload of compound movements with only a few isolations and that helped a lot. Good luck starting out man. Glad to know you're squatting and deadlifting unlike the new guys at my gym.
    Florida Gulf Coast University Powerlifting

**MISC Strength Crew**
    **MISC Firearms Crew***
    **MISC Anti-*******ry Crew**
    ***Brings Pen and Paper to the Gym Crew***

1k+

SQUATZ AND OATZ

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by al_77 View Post
    This.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

Originally Posted by corozco View Post
    Like an above poster said stick to your routine. Don't listen to the guys telling you to run splits and crap. You will get nowhere doing them when starting out. Stick to your routine and you make great gains and build a strong foundation. Worry about splits when you have bulked up a bit and start to see some nice muscles. They will get you nowhere fast trust me. I did that crap for almost a year and barely put on size. Stared doing a crapload of compound movements with only a few isolations and that helped a lot. Good luck starting out man. Glad to know you're squatting and deadlifting unlike the new guys at my gym.
    Thanks for the advise... I'll post up some pics in this thread tomorrow sometime.

Yes thank I plan on doing that for the next round. I started off to light i think so that why i upped it a bit. Now I know where to start from roughly.

JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoKing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by randomhero565 View Post

You f'n nub. Have you ever done rippetoes? When your squating 3 times a week, you abs aresore, and you dont have the energy/nurients to spare on traing arms. Your ody is trying o keep up with squats 3 times a week.
    "Love is a stronger emotion then hate, and I'm all about strength."
    -Big Mike (defending Celine Dion as his choice of workout music).

Originally Posted by JoKing View Post
    You f'n nub. Have you ever done rippetoes? When your squating 3 times a week, you abs aresore, and you dont have the energy/nurients to spare on traing arms. Your ody is trying o keep up with squats 3 times a week.
    Yup I'm a newb and i know that much... I get plenty of a workout jsut going to work 5-6days a week 40+ hours. The good ole factory job where I slug around 80lbs dies all day. Hell thats a workout in itself.

corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SpatSRT4 View Post
    Yup I'm a newb and i know that much... I get plenty of a workout jsut going to work 5-6days a week 40+ hours. The good ole factory job where I slug around 80lbs dies all day. Hell thats a workout in itself.
    lol no man he meant the other guy who is telling you to run a dumbass split type routine.
    Florida Gulf Coast University Powerlifting

**MISC Strength Crew**
    **MISC Firearms Crew***
    **MISC Anti-*******ry Crew**
    ***Brings Pen and Paper to the Gym Crew***

1k+

SQUATZ AND OATZ

Edelmania has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Edelmania has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Edelmania has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Edelmania has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Edelmania has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Edelmania has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Edelmania has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Edelmania has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Edelmania has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Edelmania has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Edelmania has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SpatSRT4 View Post
    Yes thank I plan on doing that for the next round. I started off to light i think so that why i upped it a bit. Now I know where to start from roughly.
    true how is he supposed to know where he is at weight wise for set if he doesnt try.

yuppers... thanks for the imput everyone. Friday I should have much better lifts.

NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NOMNOMNONOM is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Second,.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Edelmania View Post
    true how is he supposed to know where he is at weight wise for set if he doesnt try.
    Well you are supposed to start with the bar and make gradual increases up until the bar speed slows, as opposed to just throwing on something that's circa work set weight and then adjusting from there.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP
    You use the same weight across each of the 3 sets.
    Good work none the less.
    Height - 5'11""
    Weight - 88kg

Current Program - Texas Method

Registered User Organized_Chaos's Avatar
    Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Organized_Chaos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This

So here are the pics... they are abut 2-3 weeks old. Yes I know there arent any back or legs shots so just look at whats there...

Last edited by SpatSRT4; 01-22-2009 at 06:05 AM.

side note: I will have the GF take better pics sometime soon. That was the first time ive tried taken pics of myself and it a lil harder to get a good shot than it seems LOL.

Any comments on the pics... strong or weak points. I just stared working out for about 2-3 weeks now so don't be hatin to hard LOL