deiviuxs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post My plan for gainning weight/muscle

Hello guys. I am Deivis and I am 6 foot 3 inches tall and weight only about 140lbs. I agree I don't eat much during the day and probably I do not reach my daily calorie dose. However, it's also in my genetics, as my father and his father are both pretty skinny guys.
    The biggest problem for me is to find enough foods to enjoy during the day 'cause I really have hard time eating same foods every day. There are plenty of products in the stores that I would like to try and maybe enjoy as well as eating "old-time" favorites (ex. Eggs).
    Basically, I am will be trying to set up myself a diet and gain some damn weight. I know there will be days and situations I might miss a meal or so, but I want to follow this diet as much as I can. I also know, that I might add/subtract some foods/meals from this diet. It's not complete, because I am having some trouble on coming up with good foods to eat.
    Also, the weekends will be the weirdest ones, because one weekend I might work all day, the other I might travel and other just stay at home. So I might not be able to get full calories these days, however, I will try to my best to get as many calories as I can.
    Here is a very rough draft I tried to create for my diet schedule. I am in school every day ?till about 1-2pm in the afternoon. Then I either come back home or work in the evening.
    Oh, I actually not sure how many calories I need to get each day and what's the best ratio of carbs/proteins/fats is best for me. If you could help me on that, I would really appreciate.

Please, critique the diet and tell me what I need to change (add, subtract, etc.). I will also be buying some products from this site to help me with my diet. First of all, here's the list of the products I want to buy:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ast/multi-pro.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olabs/omega.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/promax/promax.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/creatine.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/mj.html
    TOTAL: $122.73

MONDAY-WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY:
    8:00 am:
    - Muscle Juice 2544 shake
    - Cup of Milk
    - Rice Cake
    - Fish Oil
    - Multivitamin
    10:50 am:
    - 1 Promax Bar
    11:50 am:
    - Apple
    1:00 pm:
    - 2 boiled wieners
    - 2 bacon strips
    - 100% Juice
    3:00 pm (Pre-workout):
    - Micronized Creatine
    Water in between sets
    4:00 pm (Post-Workout):
    - Whey Protein

6:00 pm:
    - ????
    9:00 pm:
    - ????
    Just before bed (usually 11:00 pm):
    - Cottage Cheese with fruit jam
    - Glass of milk

TUESDAY-THURSDAY:
    - 2 whole eggs
    - 1 bowl of oatmeal w/ water
    - 2 slices of whole wheat toast w/ jam
    - Multivitamin
    - Fish oil
    10:45 am:
    - 1 apple
    12:15 pm:
    - 1 Promax Bar
    2:00 pm (Pre-workout):
    - Micronized Creatine
    Water in between sets
    3:00 pm (Post-Workout):
    - Whey Protein:
    5:00 pm:
    - ???
    8:00 pm:
    - ???
    - Glass of milk

Some days I will be working (I work at McDonald's), so then I'll bring home a meal: 10 nugget meal or salad (bacon ranch or southwest). That would be my dinner (around 8:00 pm).
    Throughout/during the day: nuts (peanuts, almonds, pistachio), sunflower seeds, hot chocolate, cookies, tea, water.
    -------
    I'm a college student so I try to find cheap foods that are easy to make and doesn't taste like crap. The problem with me is that I can"t eat the same foods/meal every day. The food gets "boring" and I then I have hard time eating and enjoying it. Also, I'm not American and I'm not used too many of the American foods: some of them taste good, others - not that much (ex. Peanut butter).
    It's hard for me to think of the dinner and what to have for dinner. I am trying to think of something that I haven't eaten during the day, but that?s also not too expensive.
    --------
    As for my training, I will start with Iron Gym only. I just bought it and I actually like it. It's easy to use and I think it might be a good start. I will do some push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups and dips (for dips I might just use a chair since I heard Iron Gym is not very good for dips). When the weather gets warmer, I will go to my college's swimming pool to swim. Swimming is great exercise and it's necessary for me since I have scoliosis. When I gain some weight and muscle I'll start going to my college's gym. It has enough equipment for decent workout and it's also free (well, it?s included in my expensive tuition). I will try to do about 1 hour Iron Gym workout, however, I might miss some days because I might either work or have enormous amount of homework (that shouldn't happen too often).
    Alright, I think that's it for now. I would really appreciate to receive some honest feedback and help. I really want to change my body and I know it's gonna be hard at the beginning. For now, I want to get my diet all ready to go and buy the supplements and start exercising. When I start working out, I'll see better what works and what doesn't work for me, but I want to have a good start so I have fewer corrections to do as the process goes by.

Thanks for reading my enormous post and I?m waiting for your reply.
    Last edited by deiviuxs; 01-19-2009 at 08:36 PM.
    "Work Hard. Play Hard."

Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by deiviuxs View Post
    Hello guys. I am Deivis and I am 6 foot 3 inches tall and weight only about 140lbs. I agree I don't eat much during the day and probably I do not reach my daily calorie dose. However, it's also in my genetics, as my father and his father are both pretty skinny guys.
    The biggest problem for me is to find enough foods to enjoy during the day 'cause I really have hard time eating same foods every day. There are plenty of products in the stores that I would like to try and maybe enjoy as well as eating "old-time" favorites (ex. Eggs).
    Basically, I am will be trying to set up myself a diet and gain some damn weight. I know there will be days and situations I might miss a meal or so, but I want to follow this diet as much as I can. I also know, that I might add/subtract some foods/meals from this diet. It's not complete, because I am having some trouble on coming up with good foods to eat.
    Also, the weekends will be the weirdest ones, because one weekend I might work all day, the other I might travel and other just stay at home. So I might not be able to get full calories these days, however, I will try to my best to get as many calories as I can.
    Here is a very rough draft I tried to create for my diet schedule. I am in school every day ?till about 1-2pm in the afternoon. Then I either come back home or work in the evening.
    Oh, I actually not sure how many calories I need to get each day and what's the best ratio of carbs/proteins/fats is best for me. If you could help me on that, I would really appreciate.

Please, critique the diet and tell me what I need to change (add, subtract, etc.). I will also be buying some products from this site to help me with my diet. First of all, here's the list of the products I want to buy:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ast/multi-pro.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olabs/omega.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/promax/promax.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/creatine.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/mj.html
    TOTAL: $122.73

MONDAY-WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY:
    - Muscle Juice 2544 shake
    - Cup of Milk
    - Rice Cake
    - Fish Oil
    - Multivitamin
    10:50 am:
    - 1 Promax Bar
    11:50 am:
    - Apple
    1:00 pm:
    - 2 boiled wieners
    - 2 bacon strips
    - 100% Juice
    3:00 pm (Pre-workout):
    - Micronized Creatine
    Water in between sets
    4:00 pm (Post-Workout):
    - Whey Protein

6:00 pm:
    - ????
    9:00 pm:
    - ????
    - Glass of milk

TUESDAY-THURSDAY:
    - 2 whole eggs
    - 1 bowl of oatmeal w/ water
    - 2 slices of whole wheat toast w/ jam
    - Multivitamin
    - Fish oil
    10:45 am:
    - 1 apple
    12:15 pm:
    - 1 Promax Bar
    2:00 pm (Pre-workout):
    - Micronized Creatine
    Water in between sets
    3:00 pm (Post-Workout):
    - Whey Protein:
    5:00 pm:
    - ???
    8:00 pm:
    - ???
    - Glass of milk

Some days I will be working (I work at McDonald's), so then I'll bring home a meal: 10 nugget meal or salad (bacon ranch or southwest). That would be my dinner (around 8:00 pm).
    Throughout/during the day: nuts (peanuts, almonds, pistachio), sunflower seeds, hot chocolate, cookies, tea, water.
    -------
    I'm a college student so I try to find cheap foods that are easy to make and doesn't taste like crap. The problem with me is that I can"t eat the same foods/meal every day. The food gets "boring" and I then I have hard time eating and enjoying it. Also, I'm not American and I'm not used too many of the American foods: some of them taste good, others - not that much (ex. Peanut butter).
    It's hard for me to think of the dinner and what to have for dinner. I am trying to think of something that I haven't eaten during the day, but that?s also not too expensive.
    --------
    As for my training, I will start with Iron Gym only. I just bought it and I actually like it. It's easy to use and I think it might be a good start. I will do some push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups and dips (for dips I might just use a chair since I heard Iron Gym is not very good for dips). When the weather gets warmer, I will go to my college's swimming pool to swim. Swimming is great exercise and it's necessary for me since I have scoliosis. When I gain some weight and muscle I'll start going to my college's gym. It has enough equipment for decent workout and it's also free (well, it?s included in my expensive tuition). I will try to do about 1 hour Iron Gym workout, however, I might miss some days because I might either work or have enormous amount of homework (that shouldn't happen too often).
    Alright, I think that's it for now. I would really appreciate to receive some honest feedback and help. I really want to change my body and I know it's gonna be hard at the beginning. For now, I want to get my diet all ready to go and buy the supplements and start exercising. When I start working out, I'll see better what works and what doesn't work for me, but I want to have a good start so I have fewer corrections to do as the process goes by.

Thanks for reading my enormous post and I?m waiting for your reply.
    Sorry about to go to bed and didn't have time to read everything word for word, but here are a few things that jumped out at me:

- One of your meals is just an apple. Always eat protein with every meal. Include a scoop or protein with this.

- You have hot dogs and bacon as a meal. Unless you are using turkey versions, your saturated fat may get higher than you like. Stick to leaner meats and limit fatter cuts to 1-2 x per week.

- Post work-out nutrition is critical. You need some fast carbs along with whey protein. I recommend gatorade or straight up sugar in your shake. There are several threads out there on post work-out nutrition. Your real meal after training (about 1.5 hours after you have your shake) should be something like chicken, brown rice and broccoli. Once again, this is a period where you want carbs, but at this time, go back to slow carbs.

- You have ?? in some meals. Here is a good meal to have that is both affordable and convenient. 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (cooking is optional - I eat them raw), 1.5 scoops whey protein.

Hope that helps.

Actual:

September 1, 2008: 170 lbs and 15% bf

December 31, 2008: 190 lbs and 18% bf

April 30, 2009: 165 lbs and 11% bf

Goals:

June 23, 2009: 155 lbs and 9% bf

July 2009 = Maintenance phase

August 2009 to December 2009 = Bulking

January 2010 to May 2010 = Cutting

glossygraphics is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossygraphics is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossygraphics is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossygraphics is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossygraphics is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossygraphics is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossygraphics is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossygraphics is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossygraphics is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossygraphics is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossygraphics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For starters... You're in a great position to put on muscle weight and not fat.

With that said you should be aiming for 2700 calories, 270g carbs-270g protein-60g fat

*I REALLY apreciate you giving links to the supplements you want to use -> makes it alot easier to understand the nutrion of your diet*

I don't have time tonight to thoroughly go through and steady out your plan, but tomorrow afternoon I'll have something

Yeah, sorry for the late post and I don't want to hold you. Go get some good night sleep and come back tomorrow.

P.S. those 1 ingredient "meals" at around 10 and 12 in the morning are small because I will eat them during my break between classes. I have only 15 minutes of a break between classes and my campus is big, so it takes 5-10 min. to get to other class, so that's why I have only an apple for example. I still want to get something in my system between my classes that is fast to eat.
    Oh, and those "2 boiled wieners". They are not for hotdogs. I just boil them (or cook on oven) and then eat them with bread and vegetables (cucumbers, pickles, etc.). That's just want I am used to eat (I'm not American, I'm Lithuanian and I'm not a big fan of Hot Dogs).

Thanks for replies and I hope to get more tomorrow.
    "Work Hard. Play Hard."

bump...
    "Work Hard. Play Hard."

Either my diet is perfect or my post is too long..
    "Work Hard. Play Hard."