Thread: Tummy tuck

Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tummy tuck

My training partner (who also happens to be my wife) is considering getting a tummy tuck. She's been a warrior the last year, dropping her bf% from ~23% down to ~16% but the baby tummy will not budge.

Any ladies or gents have experience with this procedure? How long before you were able to train again? Any details are appreciated - I searched for this but got very broad results... difficult to fish through...

M
    Squats make my arms bigger.

maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dad_in_KC View Post
    My training partner (who also happens to be my wife) is considering getting a tummy tuck. She's been a warrior the last year, dropping her bf% from ~23% down to ~16% but the baby tummy will not budge.

Any ladies or gents have experience with this procedure? How long before you were able to train again? Any details are appreciated - I searched for this but got very broad results... difficult to fish through...

M
    i had a friend have one done , she had lost alot of weight and she didnt train for about 6 weeks , then light , but she had no problems but she also got a boob job at the same time
    learn to live to love and give back more than you receive

Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks Mary! I owe you reps - for making my wife feel better :-) Sorry I been away so long - very busy with work and life.

M
    Squats make my arms bigger.

maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000) maryinmesquite is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks Mary! I owe you reps - for making my wife feel better :-) Sorry I been away so long - very busy with work and life.

M
    hope yall are well .. and if you have any questions , feel free to pm me , tell your wife she can ,, i have researched this alot
    learn to live to love and give back more than you receive

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by maryinmesquite View Post
    i had a friend have one done , she had lost alot of weight and she didnt train for about 6 weeks , then light , but she had no problems but she also got a boob job at the same time
    Isn't it mandatory to get them at the same time..................

Was friends with Methuselah

MalibuDebi1972 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MalibuDebi1972 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MalibuDebi1972 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MalibuDebi1972 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MalibuDebi1972 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MalibuDebi1972 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MalibuDebi1972 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MalibuDebi1972 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MalibuDebi1972 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MalibuDebi1972 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MalibuDebi1972 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would love to get a tummy tuck and breast lift I keep telling myself by the age of 40 I'll get it all done.

Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Female section talks about this alot. From what I've gathered BF need to be extremely low - 10% or less to get flat abs. Then, the skin can pull back, but there might be some sag anyway. You can build the abs up by working TVAs.

I do Pilates to pull my tummy up and stregthen my core. I actually slowed down my weight loss on purpose to see if the sag would pull up and it did. Skin is an oragn, so i wnated to see what it would do naturally if I gave it some time to recover from loosing 42 pounds/ 8 inches off my waist.

see thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112946991

1) It is surgery, there are always concerns to address with it & always a risk involved. Become educated beyond what the doctor tells you. Research it & have realistic expectations for recovery and how it will look long term.
    2) There will be a scar - it's usually below the bikini line though.
    3) The stomach can stretch out again if weight increases, so maintaince is key
    4) INVESTIGATE your doctor. Request multiple before and afters of the same surgery. Confirm they are board certified plastic surgeons - some doctors do practice outside their field - which is why I mention it. IMO - it's best to ask your GP about who to see because they know 'where the bodies are buried' and if the surgeon is any good. You don't want some hack that you then have to see a corrective palstic surgeon, so investigate. AMA is very slow at pulling licenses and hospitals have to be careful for insurance reasons.

Good luck to her!

* there's another thread I'll look for, I can't seem to find it. Some female members have really made strides with getting a flat tummy naturally. From how it was explained extremely low BF % (+/- 10% seemed to be the number I recall) then the tummy pulled in and they were able to then go up to a easier BF% and build up the area with ab work for the muscles.

edit: okay I found the thread. Some of these ladies tummies look awesome! very inspiring

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112062351
    Last edited by Deborah_Lyn; 01-08-2009 at 06:11 AM.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MalibuDebi1972 View Post
    I would love to get a tummy tuck and breast lift I keep telling myself by the age of 40 I'll get it all done.
    if there just needing lifted perhaps I could apply for the job!!

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Deborah_Lyn View Post
    Female section talks about this alot. From what I've gathered BF need to be extremely low - 10% or less to get flat abs. Then, the skin can pull back, but there might be some sag anyway. You can build the abs up by working TVAs.

I do Pilates to pull my tummy up and stregthen my core. I actually slowed down my weight loss on purpose to see if the sag would pull up and it did. Skin is an oragn, so i wnated to see what it would do naturally if I gave it some time to recover from loosing 42 pounds/ 8 inches off my waist.

see thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112946991

1) It is surgery, there are always concerns to address with it & always a risk involved. Become educated beyond what the doctor tells you. Research it & have realistic expectations for recovery and how it will look long term.
    2) There will be a scar - it's usually below the bikini line though.
    3) The stomach can stretch out again if weight increases, so maintaince is key
    4) INVESTIGATE your doctor. Request multiple before and afters of the same surgery. Confirm they are board certified plastic surgeons - some doctors do practice outside their field - which is why I mention it. IMO - it's best to ask your GP about who to see because they know 'where the bodies are buried' and if the surgeon is any good. You don't want some hack that you then have to see a corrective palstic surgeon, so investigate. AMA is very slow at pulling licenses and hospitals have to be careful for insurance reasons.

Good luck to her!

* there's another thread I'll look for, I can't seem to find it. Some female members have really made strides with getting a flat tummy naturally. From how it was explained extremely low BF % (+/- 10% seemed to be the number I recall) then the tummy pulled in and they were able to then go up to a easier BF% and build up the area with ab work for the muscles.

edit: okay I found the thread. Some of these ladies tummies look awesome! very inspiring

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112062351
    Wow...great thread. I'm in the same boat (pontoon raft?) they are. Thanks for that link! Reps...
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    Isn't it mandatory to get them at the same time..................

I am pretty sure you are correct

MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MtnBikeMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MalibuDebi1972 View Post
    I would love to get a tummy tuck and breast lift
    Me too..........LOL
    Happily married father of four and grandfather of two and one on the way. Edit: Grandfather of 3 as of 02/28/2009.

http://workout.bodybuilding.com/MtnBikeMike/

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113013061

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!" Texas A&M University.

partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Better to do it naturally -

I'm kinda against it. If she's dropped down to 16% on her own, I think she can achieve the rest of her goals without surgery.

Tell her to be patient and keep lifting and of course cardio.

To deal with that last little bit, I'd consider something like a Scivation pre-contest program (they're advertising for Team Scivation members over in the female section) waaaay before I'd consider the thousands of dollars and the health risks that surgery entails. And, apparently, it's free, although I'mnot involved in any way so I couldn't tell you for sure.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112948691
    investigating mechanics of pulleys, levers, and mass.

partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

work ethic

I don't like the idea of liposection/tummy tuck surgery because it's a really risky short cut.

The surgery requires no work in the gym and it's risky.

Several years ago, an acquaintance of mine in a high-profile profession (real estate LOL) had a face lift. They messed up the eyebrows, and it caused a lot of problems for this individual.

Better is to achieve your goals on your own.

Just talked to another old buddy of mine who is 6'1" tall and has dropped from 232 lbs to 195 over the past few month (holiday season included) pretty much by eating really small meals and doing cardio (some at work - active job). He told me he eats fruit and cottage cheese for breakfast and has cut out most red meat and has cut out white bread. I'm sure he's cut out soda also, and this person has always been a non-drinker.
    Last edited by partsRheavy; 01-08-2009 at 01:31 PM.
    investigating mechanics of pulleys, levers, and mass.

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)

M
    Congratulations on your wife's weight loss! Doesn't she feel so much better having that weight off?

After Major Weight Loss, loose skin can remain a problem. How well the skin shrinks depends on how much it was stretched, how long, how much the connective tissue was damaged, individual nature of the tissue, how many times before has the skin been stretched and then relaxed, and other factors.

The next step for most is letting the skin equilibrate. It can take 6 to 18 months for skin to adjust after gastric bypass operations. Lesser weight loss or shorter term skin stretching such as Changes after Pregnancy can take much less time. For the chest, building the chest muscles can fill up a loose skin envelope. Unfortunately, loose skin on the belly may need a tummy tuck or acceptance. For more global weight loss issues, a Lower Body Lift will also lift sagging thighs and buttocks.

For the woman whose breasts are sagging, Breast Lift Mastopexy, can tighten and restore a younger look.

Recovery After Tummy Tuck depends on the problem to be treated, what was done, the skill of the surgeon, and many other factors. We have been excited with my new Tumescent Tummy Tuck patients that seem to be back to activities so much sooner than patients in the past. I have had patients up walking on a treadmill the week of the operation taking only Tylenol for comfort. Check out typical tummy tuck pain and comfort for these patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty
    Last edited by DrBermant; 01-16-2009 at 06:41 PM.
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought a tummy tuck was something olympic divers did...
    "a half gainer with a tummy tuck"